APTARE

APTARE Reviews

Be The First To
Add Photos

Richard Clark

Great company to work for

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee)

ProsGood working environment and culture.

ConsSlow turnaround time for new releases

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work.

great company with huge potential

ProsAPTARE is a small company with a relaxed work environment. The company really cares for and values its employees. APTARE has become very successful in a few short years and has major potential in the future.

Conssome employees take advantage of the relaxed atmosphere while others really work hard.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep trying to grow. Don't let obstacles prevent pushing forward.

A culture of fear, no future

Sales/Marketing (Current Employee)
    Campbell, CA

Prossmall company, located in campbell

ConsCompany is run as a small, personal fiefdom. It is not run as a serious business. They promise share will be worth money but months later say they have no intention of going public or selling company. They don't invest in HR, proper company infrastructure or processes. Biggest concern is contract you must sign to protect their IP. Very unprofessional environment and disparate treatment for employees that are not personal friends of the husband/wife team.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't hire all your personal friends and neighbors

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Buggy product

ProsMost work fewer than 7 hours. Employees enter the office after 9am, have a long lunch and leave by 5pm.

ConsThe product is not mission-critical so the cavalier attitude results in bug laden code. The customers have caught on to this trick and and are leaving by the drove.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your customers.

Great company, innovative products, focused on customers

Campbell, CA

ProsAPTARE is a small private software company that gets SRM and backup reporting, responds to customers problems and requirements, and has business model that will last in Silicon Valley.

ConsChallenged in hiring enough developers and engineers to do the jobs required to expand into the growing number of opportunities for its current and upcoming products.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire more engineers fast. Delegate more decision making to middle management. Beef up compensation packages with competitive benefits like 401K matching. Keep up the good work.

Focus is Making Money, not People

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsSmall company, so know everyone who you work with. Relaxed culture that is happy with people speaking home languages. Good life balance. Good hours of work.

ConsJust went through more layoff. Overall outlook is down. Hard to work with code. Leaders are lazy and give no work structure then complain that the code is not done as they wish. High pressure to release latest code and then a change of direction that removes it. No chance to move above hire position.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement say at meetings that we can trust APTARE and that we are special because we work at APTARE. Then they remove jobs and announce that they make millions of dollars. Don't make a person an offer of employment unless you can be committed.

Worked for APTARE? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at APTARE reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for APTARE CEO Richard Clark. All 6 reviews posted anonymously by APTARE employees.