AR Media

Be The First To
Add Photos

Dianne desRoches

Talented and Passionate Agency

Junior Designer (Former Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsAR Media is an advertising agency concerned with being a trend setter. They are known for collaborating with the best in the market to reach outstanding outcomes, from the most famous photographers to talented designers and art directors. They have a great eye for detail and are passionate about what they do.

ConsIt takes time at AR Media to earn the respect of your peers and be involved in the exciting aspects of the business, like photo shoots, talent searching, etc. There is certainly a sense of hierarchy and even 'favoritism'. The communication between teams and clients is sometimes not very successful, creating expectations for delivering great outcomes at a very short turn around.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more inclusive. Create a better sense of community. Reconsider the hierarchy—it hurts more than it helps. All these recommendations would certainly make AR Media a better place to work.

used to be great but all the real luxury clients left us

Creative (Current Employee)
    New York, NY

Prosgreat office space and some great people

Conswe are becoming irrelevant to clients

Advice to Senior Managementwake up! our reputation and business are tanking
    i used to really love working here
    it's extremely sad
    a&r, you name is still on the door! fix this!!!

leadership here can't lead

Administrative (Current Employee)
    New York, NY

Prosthe name on your resume ad that's pretty much it

Consvery low sense of morale with high turnover
    everything is urgent because leaders can't make decisions

Advice to Senior Managementpeople are really unhappy and no one is inspired

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Waste of an internship. Find something else if you can. Really. Find something else.

Intern (Former Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsI was able to come in later in the morning and there was very minimal supervision. A good company name to have on the resume but its reputation seems to be slipping because clients have left.

ConsI pretty much learned how to scan magazine, clean up the kitchen, and pin things on walls. I took initiative to ask if there was anything else I could do to keep things interesting and the answer was always no. I didn't feel valued and I stopped caring because this place was a total motivation killer. People with more senior titles were not always more competent (but some were). A lot needed to be improved because the agency is not run like a real business. I saw a lot of staff come and go. It was surreal. I wish someone had posted an honest review sooner so I would have known what I was getting into.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake responsibility and get it together.

I respect the company but it was bit of a let down for me :-(

Intern (Former Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsI was super excited to start working here because of the company's reputation and the clients on its website. The office space is really cool. Raul and alex also have done such amazing things.

ConsI found out that most of the fashion clients who I wanted to work with ended up being old clients from ten years ago. They don't tell you this. Also I never really saw raul or alex. I noticed that there was a lot of employees leaving and new ones starting. like a lot compared to my other internships. I sat on the side until someone got me to do something so there is no clear plan of what i could have given to the company and how the company could have helped me. Sometimes people would really put their rank in your face and there were a lot of politics. Some really nice designers left. to stay here i think you need to be a favorite of a few key ppl or it is going to be hard.

Advice to Senior ManagementI respect the company and learned that culture is so important to me. I think mgmt and ceo should take a honest look because i don't think they have any idea of what it is like when you are trying to do a good job and build a career here.

HORRIBLE PLACE TO WORK...

Account (Current Employee)
    New York, NY

Pros-Creative teams have some really talented people
    -Us juniors stick together and make the best of it
    -We just hired a great new ECD because the others are not there/gone
    -You can get away with anything if you play the politics

Cons-The agency has pretty much just one Duty Free Shopping luxury client
    -There's a huge finger pointing game when things go wrong
    -Clients don't stick around for long and before you know it they take their business elsewhere
    -Account services top few are on Facebook all day long
    -The agency head picks favorites and doesn't treat people fairly and she is really scattered
    -Seniors treat juniors badly in account services except on one account
    -I need to get out ASAP

Advice to Senior Management-Hiring a monk to fix the company is weird
    -Encourage people instead of being critical
    -Tell the truth all the time and not just when it's good for you

Worked for AR Media? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at AR Media reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for AR Media CEO Dianne desRoches. All 6 reviews posted anonymously by AR Media employees.