ARAMARK Reviews

Reset
2.5
ARAMARK CEO Eric J. Foss
Eric J. Foss

Pros
  • The people are great and work-life balance is the best here (in 19 reviews)

• Ability to learn various aspects of contract management; opportunity to work in different lines of business (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • work life balance could improve (in 21 reviews)

• too many upper management meetings (in 33 reviews)

1. Finance Manager

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Downers Grove, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Downers Grove, IL

Pros

Great people to work with

Cons

Need better systems and tools to do the job

2. Solider Field

Current Employee - Supervisor in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Chicago, IL

I have been working at ARAMARK full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great Employees Communication Flexibility Soccer Games Football Games

Cons

Weather Rude Customers Tours Micros Computers Stairs

3. patient transporter

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Evanston, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Evanston, IL

I have been working at ARAMARK full-time (More than a year)

Pros

great good people to be around

Cons

hard work all about your timing

Full time means full time

Current Employee - RSR in Gary, IN
    Current Employee - RSR in Gary, IN

Pros

Everyone from coworkers to management is very friendly and helpful. Nobody can make less than $50k a year once on a route. If you do not have a route, you make what they call jumpers pay, which pays $21/hr.

Cons

Long hours! I was told I would make 21/hr while in training so when I put 12-14hr days I didn't mind. I figured time and a half would be great. My coworker told me to ask about it cuz it changes constantly. No OT is what I found out and what's worse, I don't make 21/hr until my training is over. I get a flat rate of $840 before taxes. I wish I was told this before. Also, it's not as easy as I thought. This is hard work but once you get used to smelly greasy rags, clothes, towels you have to carry around, it's not that bad.

Advice to Management

The following would help not only the RSR, but management as well. I hear this company is a Fortune 500 company, so I don't get why there seem to be cutbacks to loaders for each truck and end of day paperwork. I hear Aramark negotiated this into the contract long ago. Having this would cut back on those long hours for all. Also, I would have an option to have helpers for each route if the driver doesn't mind a smaller check. Finally, inform new hires there will be a flat rate while I'm training. That will make them decide if they will stay or go right away instead of leaving as soon as they find out

Administrative Assistant

Former Employee - Accounts Payable/Payroll Clerk in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Accounts Payable/Payroll Clerk in Chicago, IL

I worked at ARAMARK full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Meeting new people and building relationships with others

Cons

Management was unfair as it relates to compensation. You work hard and the "boys club" reap the benefits

Advice to Management

Stop looking at a well put together resume and given the highest paid salary to people that interview well. Anyone can prepare a resume and gather all necessary qualifications on paper but it takes knowledge and experience to get the job done correctly.

7. Terrible workplace

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at ARAMARK full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

a paycheck and days off once in a blue moon you might find someone who is an actual team player. The only reason this company gets 1 star is because you have to give them one star.

Cons

This is by far the absolute worst company ever. This is a union shop where the employees do whatever they want to do. You discipline them over and over and over and when it finally comes time to terminate the individual upper management brings them back to work. Employees will threaten you, they will follow you home and they will bring guns to work. There is no mentoring to prepare someone to move up in the company. You apply for jobs which you are extremely well qualified to perform and your resume gets lost by the talent management division. Any time you come up with a new idea it is met with resistance and upper management says no. Then in a few months one of the upper managers comes up with the same idea and it is accepted. Pay is crap for what you have to put up with. You ask for things verbally for a year and the response is always the same "you never asked for that". So you submit requests in an email and they get ignored. I have submitted the same request 5 times and no response what so ever. I recommend staff for Encore Encore recognition and upper management doesn't even acknowledge the receipt of the request. I have had to put controls on my emails to tell me that they were received and read. Aramark does have a 24 hour email response rule that is grossly ignored by upper management but expected of front line managers. As a front line manager your safety or well being is of no concern. Just do your work and work extra hours and days without so much as a thank you. If you are of a certain color a blind eye is turned toward your behavior. I am out of here as quick as the wind will carry me. tired of being held down and discriminated against. Because of my position I cannot take vacation or days off between November and April.

Advice to Management

Get your act together. You talk good stuff and you implement rules for people to follow and then you don't follow up. You do nothing to coach your front line managers. You shirk your responsibilities and put them on front line managers.

8. Kitchen Supervisor

Current Employee - Kitchen Supervisor in Woodstock, IL
    Current Employee - Kitchen Supervisor in Woodstock, IL

I have been working at ARAMARK full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good pay, 40 hours or plus.

Cons

Work 6 days of week. Sometimes 7 straight for 2 weeks or more and when they don't need your help they start taking away your hours. They don't don't appreciate it the hard work you put on it. The officers are racist and rude. They treat like a criminal. They treat you with the mean way only because they are superior or think they have the power can talk to you bad. I had a terrible experience working in a correction.

Advice to Management

Need to treat your employees with more respect and appreciate more their work and stop being mean and yelling with no reason.

Wasted Opportunities

Former Employee - Warehouse Operations Manager in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Warehouse Operations Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at ARAMARK full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A lot to put on your resume

Cons

Ethical malfeasance, numerous environmental, safety and compliance violations, dishonest management

Advice to Management

Be honest, take responsibility, invest in your future, hold upper management responsible

10. IT Review

Current Employee - Software Developer in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Chicago, IL

I have been working at ARAMARK (Less than a year)

Pros

- There are some truly great people to work with on the team. - Schedule Flexibility - Never boring - Always something new to work on.

Cons

- Low value of software development - Aramark struggles to invest in building software solutions. They expect many things to be developed but without the proper investment it has been difficult. - Leadership Void - Poor career development - Low Salary, Decent Bonuses

Advice to Management

Take the time and effort to properly invest in a true software development staff. Many business challenges can be resolved with this.

11. Poor management

Current Employee - RSR in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - RSR in Chicago, IL

Pros

Work at your own pace

Cons

No help from management at all

Advice to Management

Care about your job and customers

Showing 57 of 1,117 reviews