ARAMARK

ARAMARK Reviews in Denver, CO

Updated May 19, 2014

ARAMARK CEO Eric J. Foss

Eric J. Foss

Pros
  • Good work-life balance if you are in the right account, good 401k program and benefits(in 15 reviews)

• Ability to learn various aspects of contract management; opportunity to work in different lines of business(in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • It has a horrible work life balance(in 17 reviews)

• The upper management that wasn't at the direct location was never seen(in 25 reviews)

9 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Aramark is aiight.

Stand Worker (Former Employee) Denver, CO

ProsGood pay, friendly staff, nice management

ConsConstant rush of people, late hours

Excellent food service

Restaurant Supervisor (Current Employee) Denver, CO

ProsWork for a billion dollar company with great work environment

ConsExtreme peaks and vallies of stress

Good experience low pay

Office Manager (Former Employee) Denver, CO

ProsGreat experience. Working at a professional sports stadium is always fun. Many great implementations, but don't care about employees enough.

ConsBenefits are expensive. Salaries are not competitive.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

ARAMARK is a great company to move up quickly with

Premium Services Manager (Former Employee) Denver, CO

ProsGreat opportunities for advancement, great work environment, ability to switch to new roles during off seasons.

ConsThe hours in Sports, Leisure, Corrections are extremely long with 1-2 days off per week. I averaged a 60 hour work week (12 hour days). Too many corporate 'busy work' programs to track your job.

Advice to Senior ManagementErik Foss has helped implement new programs and is on the right path. Sometimes hierarchy is based on length of time worked with the company versus who has the best matched skills -this should be changed.

ARAMARK Sustainability Internship program is fantastic.

Environmental Sustainability Intern (Current Employee) Denver, CO

ProsProfessional development opportunities, networking opportunities, experience implimenting sustainability initiatives of various types, opportunity to travel, large international company has extensive resources and expertise, continual communication between other interns in the program, monthly tracking and reporting of internship progress, ARAMARK is eager to hire successful interns upon completion of the internship.

ConsPay isn't great but at least it is paid! So many internships are not these days.

An experience

Club Seats Runner (Former Employee) Denver, CO

ProsAtmosphere was fun to work in.

ConsSeniority based system seemed to have led to some poor management.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay attention to your customers a little more. Keep a closer eye on your managers.

Great experience for a freshman or sophomore in college.

Intern (Former Employee) Denver, CO

ProsGreat deal of responsibility if you seek for it. Great professional relationships developed.

ConsWork life balance. Work holidays.

Advice to Senior ManagementImplement more technology.

We need more fair compensation and life/work balance!

Operations (Current Employee) Denver, CO

ProsGreat venues and coworkers. We have a pretty decent benefits package and have medical leave. Make your own schedule.

ConsLong hours are pretty normal. I usually work unti 2am on event nights which usually works out to a 12-14 hour day. I really have no supoport in my position. I feel that there is unfair compensation (sales people recieve commission on events that they don't have to work...this creates more hours for others who are not compensated) So basically...the more the sales people sell the more they make and the more I have to work nights with out any bonus. (Sales people already get a comperable salary) Taking time off is almost looked down upon.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart incentive programs for management not in sales. We work hard and deserve the same rewards!

If you enjoy sports and entertainment, then Aramark is for you.

Concessions Manager (Current Employee) Denver, CO

ProsFirst and foremost is that if you enjoy sports and entertainment, you are surrounded by it on an almost daily basis. Usually when you don't have events, it is typically a Monday through Friday 10-5, sometimes 10-4. The thing that I enjoy most is some of the things that I have been able to be a part of i.e. The Democratic National Convention, The World Series, and great concert after great concert.

ConsIt can be very long hours at times, and somewhat stressful, but I worked in hotels previous to Aramark, and hotels were longer hours and more stress. Also, your typical hourly concessions worker is usually not cream of the crop in the marketplace, so you have a lot of employee issues that need to be dealt with.

Advice to Senior ManagementBonuses should be given a little more regurlarly.

Worked for ARAMARK? Contribute to the Community!