ARAMARK Parks & Destinations
www.aramarkparksanddestinations.com Phoenix, AZ

ARAMARK Parks & Destinations Reviews

Updated Feb 1, 2014
ARAMARK Parks & Destinations – “McKinley Village Lodge”

Not yet rated.

Bruce Fears

Laundry

I worked at ARAMARK Parks & Destinations full-time

ProsGreat environment and awesome people to work with.

ConsLow pay in relation to the amount of work and demands we had to get done.

Alaska Adventure

I worked at ARAMARK Parks & Destinations part-time

ProsYou get to see another part of the country, meet awesome people. It really helped me learn a lot from my co-workers.

ConsThere weren't many cons, actually. I guess the only thing that I would have changed was that I would have liked to work more hours, but it wasn't a possibility.

Retail Intern

Retail Intern (Former Employee)
Bullfrog, UT

I worked at ARAMARK Parks & Destinations as an intern for less than a year

Pros- Definitely a lot to learn
- Good performance feedback at the end of your experience
- real project experience (you won't just be filing papers or getting coffee)

Cons- Very disorganized
- Sometimes an overwhelming about of work with insufficient guidance
- Hard to follow up with (the career services website isn't updated, I had no idea when they were coming back to campus or what opportunities they had, etc... everything just sort of drops off after you finish the program

Good

I have been working at ARAMARK Parks & Destinations full-time

ProsMost of the leadership team are genuine and good people to work with. Good career advancement opportunities. Get to work in some of the most beautiful parts of the country.

ConsThe rest of Aramark isn't that interested in Parks and Destinations. Many positions are seasonal.

Review of ARAMARK services in Denali Park, AK, USA

Server (Current Employee)
Healy, AK

I have been working at ARAMARK Parks & Destinations full-time for less than a year

ProsOutstanding staff, Outstanding facilities. Friendly approach to international people. Respect diversity and appreciative for a job well done.

ConsTime management, distant from rest of the world, difficult transportation.

Advice to Senior Managementthe hiring process needs to be optimized(less over and under hiring), improve the transportation for employees, improve the food for the employees.

It was a great seasonal job - easy to have a good work-life balance

Denali Park, AK

I worked at ARAMARK Parks & Destinations

Pros~ Get to see a place many people save up a lot of money to visit
~ Easy to save the money you make as there are few places to spend it
~ Promotions are easy to get if you are a returning employee
~ Cost of living is less every time you come back
~ People are great for the most part - very friendly place!

Cons~ Living situation: summer camp/dorms
~ Water went off at least 3 nights last summer
~ Rent and food cost are high - hard to make a lot of money
~ They cut hours significantly half-way through and started firing a lot of people - kind of fishy, not what you would expect the "most ethical" company to do

Summer job in Denali

Front Desk Agent (Current Employee)
Healy, AK

I have been working at ARAMARK Parks & Destinations

ProsFront Desk Agents can take part in area excursions for free -- from white water rafting to airplane tours of Denali National Park. The idea is that if you know what the excursion is like, you'll be better at selling it to the guests. You should try to book your excursions early in the summer, when there are still a lot of empty spots (paying guests get priority).

ConsFront Desk Agents deal directly with tour groups, who are often tired and short tempered from traveling on a tight schedule. Although Front Desk Agents get a lot of free excursions (some worth hundreds of dollars), it's one of the lowest-paid jobs because you don't get any tips.

Advice to Senior ManagementHit the ground running, and do everything you can to keep employee morale up. I heard that some executives were in the habit of tipping badly or not at all, even though their meals were comped. The costs of losing employees' respect, loyalty, and trust are far greater than the cost of a tip. Start an online guide for new employees, and ask several trusted employees and interns from every department to make contributions every year. You can send the guide out to new hires well before the summer starts, which will help them learn what to expect and how things work in their department before they ever arrive. It's a cost-effective way to promote a smooth transition into the new season.

Prosyou don't start off with minimum wage, learned a little history

Conspay is horrible, you're very unappreciated, work you like a slave and then pretend like you aren't doing your job correctly, blame always gets put on the employees (never on management who is at fault), environment is way too serious (uh, I'm a cashier, not a heart surgeon)

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees BETTER...please?

ARMARK made it clear to me that I never want to work for corporate America again!

I worked at ARAMARK Parks & Destinations

ProsWorked in some beautiful places and learned through experience how to deal with some very negative situations.

ConsThe expectations were outrageous. They worked you like a dog until you quit or got fired. They were always cutting management positions, which greatly affected proper coverage and customer service at the property. There was no consistency with disciplinary action. Senior management always sided with long standing employees or line level staff over management. Decisions were made for day to day operations by senior management that had no idea how the property functioned day by day. The company as a hole simply does not care about anything other than the making money and the bottom line!

Advice to Senior ManagementGet more involved with on property management. Find out what is actually happening on propery level, rather than just reading weekly reports from senior management. Take an interest in everyone that works for the company, not just the higher ups you know by name.

Worked for ARAMARK Parks & Destinations? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at ARAMARK Parks & Destinations reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for ARAMARK Parks & Destinations CEO Bruce Fears. All 9 reviews posted anonymously by ARAMARK Parks & Destinations employees.