ARAMARK

Updated Jun 25, 2014

ARAMARK CEO Eric J. Foss

Eric J. Foss

52 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Working in Accounting/Finance has become a challenge...

Accounting/Finance (Current Employee)
    Philadelphia, PA

ProsGreat work/life balance, challenging workload, approachable management, opportunity to cross departments and lines of business.

ConsUnorganized restructuring of accounting/finance departments has lead to an unachievable workload for those who have remained loyal and stayed with the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementShow that you appreciate and respect your employees, and be honest in regards to restructuring.

A lot of work and praise, but organizational difficulty

Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee)
    Philadelphia, PA

ProsMost salaried positions will allow you to work all over the country because of the spread of ARAMARK. There is a lot of work to do and you will be paid and receive bonuses, but overall the industry is not the best for someone looking to settle down or be competitive for salary.

ConsLong hours, lack of competitive salary, and going to the most remote locations in the States and Canada.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn to listen to employees who have ideas about how to improve work!

Constant Layoffs and Cost Cutting - not a positive outlook for the future

Senior Accountant (Current Employee)
    Philadelphia, PA

ProsMany opportunities for growth; company is trying to bring systems and processes into the future but are still far behind other companies in the industry

ConsWork life balance is horrible due to massive layoffs in the past several years; annual 2-4% 401K match - if you do not make it to September every year - no match; insurance expenses continually rising while pay is not; annual raises max out at 2% every year regardless of performance; poor employee morale; former company culture that was treasured by employees has dissipated since new CEO took over a couple years ago

Advice to Senior ManagementEmphasis on employee recognition does not make up for lower pay and longer hours than other companies

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Wonderful to work for - not sure what kind of changes are in store for the future

Accountant (Current Employee)

ProsPositive work/life balance
    Great location
    Good benefits
    Room for growth
    Building has floor to ceiling windows - lots of natural light
    Company overall has a community feeling to it

ConsSince the CEO took over in 2012 a lot of big changes have been made, IPO took place in December and they are opening a global business center in Nashville, TN for Accounting and HR operations. Ultimately this results in lay offs for many long term committed employees. Communications regarding timelines for layoffs and transitions have been very poor to non-existent.

Great company with many incentives for management.

Director of Finance (Former Employee)
    Philadelphia, PA

ProsStock option purchase plan for management.

Consno work at home option; limited flexibility.

Great family workplace

Supervisor (Former Employee)
    Philadelphia, PA

ProsThe people are great and work-life balance is the best here. It is a family atmosphere where do things together during and after work. The benefits are comparative to the private sector.

ConsComputer systems needs to be updated, outdated applications need to be changed and overall change management needs to be communicated from the top to the bottom. Compensation needs to be bumped up to be competitive in the marketplace.

Cook at Aramark

Cook (Current Employee)
    Camden, NJ

Prosyou get paid weekly, also you get alot of overtime.

Consno chance at all for advancement

Lots of potential?

Senior Director (Current Employee)
    Philadelphia, PA

Pros- Strong leadership in Eric Foss
    - Culture is changing for the better
    - Smart, hardworking people
    - The company seems to be headed in a new, positive direction

Cons- Tons of red tape
    - Too many cooks in the kitchen
    - Lack of focus for roles
    - A lot of "legacy" leadership, unwilling to change and adapt for the future
    - Costly health benefits
    - Very poor technology and IT infrastructure

Advice to Senior ManagementChange the culture to attract smart, hardworking people. Fund the right projects. Give back to your employees. Focus their time and efforts on the things that matter.

I was given an opportunity to succeed and did just that!

Manager (Current Employee)
    Philadelphia, PA

ProsI like the fact that i was offered a better position and was given the opportunity to o implement fresh ideas ans best practices.

ConsMaybe the distance from home might be the only one.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to improve on communication.

Management cares more about impressing corporate than customers

Student Manager (Current Employee)
    Newark, DE

ProsVery clean environment, as sanitation standards are heavily enforced. Food service workers and cooks are generally pleased with their work and pleasant to be around.

ConsUpper management only leave their offices when they know that corporate will be visiting. I rarely see my GM regardless of whether business is booming or tailspinning. Once we get notice about the director of operations coming for a business, the GM is on us every minute. He makes sure to assign every last thing on his list of preferences which he could have calmly divided out on multiple other days.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more interested in the day to day events of the establishment for the sake of being interested.

Worked for ARAMARK? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at ARAMARK reviews and ratings in Philadelphia, PA — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for ARAMARK CEO Eric J. Foss. All 52 reviews posted anonymously by ARAMARK employees.