ARAMARK Reviews

Reset
3.5
ARAMARK CEO Eric J. Foss
Eric J. Foss

Pros
  • The people are great and work-life balance is the best here (in 19 reviews)

• Ability to learn various aspects of contract management; opportunity to work in different lines of business (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • work life balance could improve (in 21 reviews)

• too many upper management meetings (in 33 reviews)

1. Its an ok job

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at ARAMARK (Less than a year)

Pros

The people you meet are good n u c alot of games and concertd

Cons

its not all year round so u really noy msking thst much money

2. Tourism Coordinator

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Pros

Fun working environment, great management.

Cons

Seasonal work, short time to address any issues.

3. Entry level jobs

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at ARAMARK (Less than a year)

Pros

Work life balance; paid time off and vacation policy are pretty standard; and the company has some interesting developments that are coming

Cons

the company acts like 12 separate companies as opposed to one company. Salaries seem to be all over the place.

Advice to Management

get on the same page across all lines of business and a standard salary scale

5. General Manager

Former Employee - General Manager in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - General Manager in Philadelphia, PA

Pros

Good People, solid industries, benefits are good

Cons

Big Ship, turns slowly in decisions

Advice to Management

You have talented people, you need to find a better way to identify them.

6. Huge company lots of opportunities to move around and advance

Former Employee - Senior Systems Analyst in Phila, PA
    Former Employee - Senior Systems Analyst in Phila, PA

I worked at ARAMARK full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Aramark is a huge company with diverse line of businesses that serve pretty much all sectors of the economy: Healthcare, Education, Entertainment, Government, etc,. From what I've seen people do move between different groups and new roles, so career growth is possible Because it's such huge and diverse company there are plenty of interesting work, and for the most part, the company tries to stay up-to-date with the latest technologies at least when it comes to consumer facing products (for example: mobile apps, eCommerce,).

Cons

The volume of work is insane at times, and never enough staff (in US) to do it. Lots of groups outsource only to bring back some of the work back, and they like to move you between projects a lot, and send some of the work offshore. That means a lot of work goes back and forth between US and offshore, and it's never clear who is responsible for which product. Therefore product "ownership" and in-house expertise is non existence.

Advice to Management

Hire more developers and allocate adequate resources to the projects Figure out the right balance between outsourcing and in-house development and stick to it Encourage product ownership and in-house expertise Improve project management

7. Great people... OK work

Former Employee - Human Resources Director in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Human Resources Director in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at ARAMARK full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I had a ton of opportunity to learn and I gained valuable experience In my function I didn't have many options to move around. The people are great. I made lifelong friends

Cons

The company is in constant change mode which is great but is tough for the employees. Decisions are made and then someone changes their mind at a higher level. They're all over the place in that regard. Lots of turnover too so it is hard for a good idea, initiative to get roots because people are here and gone and then it's something new all over again. Also, decisions are made by "band level" which is hard because the old-school mentality is never to challenge someone at a higher level. With new younger people coming into the company, this is changing, but the old schoolers still live on.

Advice to Management

Keep corporate stable for longer Hold on to good people with $$. Figure out a way to get around 2% increases because it drives people elsewhere. Overall its a great place but there are better places with more work-life balance and more money.

Manager

Former Employee - Manager in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Manager in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at ARAMARK full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

You are exposed to many different facets of the business because everyone wears so many hats. Take advantage of growth opportunities.

Cons

Upper management is not in touch with what needs to happen in the field to take care of customers and employees. Long work hours and outdated processes. Very low moral.

Advice to Management

Formalized training is greatly needed both with technical and soft skills. Look for ways to engage employees to bring up moral.

9. Keeping It Real

Former Employee - Cook in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Cook in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at ARAMARK (More than a year)

Pros

This was a great experience for me. I was given an opportunity to meet a lot of interesting people from all walks of life. I had a chance to freely show my version of great customer service and delicious food made with love, which was a guaranteed to bring them back bold move.

Cons

I would have to say that when working with a team it should be enjoyable. Second, this company doesn't pay enough for the hard work the team bring forth. Third, the health insurance was too much and the pay didn't allow employees to have such insurance.

Advice to Management

Honestly , my advice is to have better vertical relationships. i.e: manager to co-worker.

10. Financial Analyst

Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at ARAMARK full-time (More than a year)

Pros

great learning experience, coworkers, exposure, support

Cons

salary could be better, hours could be better..but overall is a comfortable place

11. Good place to grow

Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at ARAMARK full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible hours, great colleagues, tons of places to move around to. Never feel like you're stuck in a single position (unless you want to be). Haven't been micromanged in my time here.

Cons

Some management doesn't do all they can to help you develop. Work space is pretty dull. Lots of gray. Seem to let talent walk instead of trying to keep them (they have been getting better at this). Systems are SUPER antiquated. Need to catch up with the times.

Advice to Management

Come up with some new ways to develop your in-house talent! Get better systems in place.

Showing 85 of 1,117 reviews