ARAMARK Refreshment

Updated October 19, 2014
2.9

Jonathan Peters

Great place to work

I have been working at ARAMARK Refreshment full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Work life balance, supportive team members, interesting customers who will stretch your abilities in problem solving. Time off and working enviorment is VERY nice compared to other local companies.

Cons

No stock option program. Difficult to move the change needle as quickly as they need to do so. Almost too reactive to SWOT analysis.

Foss and team seem to be slowly turning the ship, please DO NOT stop the path of change that you have begun.

Overall a pretty good job

Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Nashville, TN

I worked at ARAMARK Refreshment full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

They pretty much leave you alone if you are selling consistently and keeping a decent pipeline

Cons

when you aren't hitting your numbers or improving they want to shadow every part of your day and my sales manager was pretty obnoxious.

If you hire really good, professional sales people you don't really need a sales manager, perhaps a leader with a bonus structure who also performs sales and sales management duties

Horrible environment and went downhill fast!

Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Sanford, FL
    Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Sanford, FL

I worked at ARAMARK Refreshment full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good name, great co workers

Cons

Aramark has so much arrogance when in comes to their standing with customers . They won't bend on price, insist on long term contracts and work you like you're a Slave. I was a sales rep and after hired they took all the good part out of my territory and gave it to the other sales rep; what's more they never supported me in the field when I needed help and I rarely ever heard from my manager. The office culture is one of favorites and my manager continually made "off colored" remarks when I saw him. The local operations team were incompetent and I continually had to tell potential customers we were best service providors which was a lie.

Lower prices, adapt with economy and stop creating turnover of employees .

Its OK

I have been working at ARAMARK Refreshment

Pros

Large comp OK benefites, but not that great

Cons

Really dont care about the food

Fustrated

Former Employee - Assistant Kitchen Manager in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Assistant Kitchen Manager in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at ARAMARK Refreshment full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Very professional food service company. Felt truly appreciated by upper management, also recieved free food, good benefits. No end to what you can learn about institutional food service industry.

Cons

Long hours, Little chance of advancement.

Clandestine

Former Employee - Customer Service Associate in Carson, CA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Associate in Carson, CA

I worked at ARAMARK Refreshment full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good pay. Teamsters Union if you like a Union job. Very self driven job. Not too many people breathing down your neck and you're out on the road.

Cons

Long hours. You're not done until you're done. It can be back breaking work. The managers aren't interested in getting input from the guys in the field.

They need to listen to their employees suggestions and not be so secretive about their decision making process. They should be more inclusive with their employees.

Great company to work for.

I worked at ARAMARK Refreshment as a contractor

Pros

Working here comes with lots of perks as well as a relaxed office environment.

Cons

Growth within company is limited

If you are looking for a sales career, don't believe the Aramark propaganda!

Current Employee - Sales Specialist in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Sales Specialist in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at ARAMARK Refreshment full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The company is financially stable.

Cons

If you want the to earn an above average income and have the freedom of an outside sales position. Don't look here. Your opportunities for high commission are very limited and you will be micro managed. There is a constant threat that if you don't report the company required activity numbers, you will be replaced. This results in a culture of prolific false reporting. Managers do not care about their employees. They caed about "hitting their number". There is a "Communistic" feel to working here. Work / Life balance stinks.

Listen to the field level employees. Create a fun, supportive, engaging work environment and you will get a more productive engaged employee without having to micro manage. Place a much higher value on the customer experience.

Learning experience!

Current Employee - Sales Specialist in Phila, PA
    Current Employee - Sales Specialist in Phila, PA

I have been working at ARAMARK Refreshment full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Always positions opening up within Aramark since it is a big company there are lots of places to go.

Cons

Going through some restructuring of management.

Started out as a good employment experience....

I worked at ARAMARK Refreshment full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Monday-Friday work week. Made pretty decent money. You can advance with this company if you play the game.

Cons

Leadership/Vision is lacking (locally & nationally). Local leader was very poor. Some markets are better than others as the more successful market centers tended to have better local General Mgr.'s that would not always follow corporate directives (they could do this because they were bringing in the results year after year) and could make sound business decisions on their own that would benefit them/company at the local level. The company seemed to view the potential success of the company as only coming from the top - down which may work for some companies but certainly did not translate to success for this business.

Get to know the business better. Get to know your managers better. Get to know the clients better! Bold moves by corporate are only good if they are properly thought out and are relevant in gaining market share. Employees (worker bees) do matter. At least act like you care about them!

ARAMARK Refreshment Photos