ARAMARK

Updated January 24, 2015
Updated January 24, 2015

ARAMARK CEO Eric J. Foss
Eric J. Foss

Pros
  • Good work-life balance if you are in the right account, good 401k program and benefits (in 19 reviews)

• Ability to learn various aspects of contract management; opportunity to work in different lines of business (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • They have great training programs, great work life balance, great benefits (in 21 reviews)

• The upper management that wasn't at the direct location was never seen (in 33 reviews)

More Highlights

A company that treats its employees like mules orlifestock

I have been working at ARAMARK

Pros

Room for growth within the company.

Cons

low paying, stingy with hours. desperately keep from giving full time positions or pay.

Best company to work for.

Current Employee - Retail Manager in Norfolk, VA
    Current Employee - Retail Manager in Norfolk, VA

I have been working at ARAMARK full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Work/life balance, Salary and benefits are top of the line. The people I work for are friendly and professional. I am treated with respect and I feel like I matter to the organization. Every time I think my job can't get any better.... it does!

Cons

I can't think of a single thing that I dislike or consider a con working for Aramark. I have worked with many companies in my 30+ years as a Manager, and none come close to being as great as Aramark.

Keep doing all of the wonderful things that you do for your workers. Valuing the hard work and dedication that they have for the company.

CC&R Manager

Former Employee - Food Service Director in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Food Service Director in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at ARAMARK full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

It was always busy with new and different events. It was never dull or borrowing. Your time spent with other managers was insightful and you had a feeling of ownership of your work.

Cons

Long Long hours that some times felt like day's turned into weeks. The longer you worked there the more say you had .

Hire from outside more and fine more managers that had experience.

I interned with Aramark

I worked at ARAMARK

Pros

Got hands on training, made an effort to teach the interns, smart supervisors

Cons

Often times felt they didn't have much for us to do, bad office culture - people are nice but seem to dislike working at Aramark

Pleasant and professional with lots of opportunity

I have been working at ARAMARK

Pros

I have the option to work remote.

Cons

No team interaction or communication

Team interaction

Strong Mission and Values work environment

I have been working at ARAMARK full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Results are important, however, it's how those results are achieved that it a critical focus to greater success.

Cons

More structured leadership development training is needed.

Ensure compensation for current employees remain competitive.

Great Company

I worked at ARAMARK

Pros

The people are the best part of working at Aramark. There are so many great people that work for Aramark. I've worked for the company for 3 years and have been in 4 different (progressive) roles within the company and have enjoyed working for/with the people in each of the teams.

The development culture of Aramark is amazing. There are so many opportunities for advancement and to change roles into different lines of the business. It's a great place to start and develop a career that allows for you to continue to learn. It offers this advantage which other companies in the area are unable to offer.

The benefit package is average. It's better than what my spouse's company offers but not quite as comprehensive as another company I've worked for.

The location of Headquarters is ideal for those living in the Philadelphia area. It's convenient from the suburbs of PA and NJ as well as within the city. It's a short drive from the airport as well which makes travelling easier.

Cons

The only con I've seen currently is that the company is in a change phase. It gives a certain level of insecurity for the workforce as it's not always clear what's going to happen next. Things have settled down since the changes have begun but there seems to be a lot of change still to come.

Admin Assistant

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

I have been working at ARAMARK

Pros

Room to grow professionally and to network with other professionals. J
    Have a lot of support from other departments and corporate office

Cons

Benefits are horrible, managers are not fair with employees, def. Have favorites

Front line Manager

Current Employee - Front Line Manager
    Current Employee - Front Line Manager

I have been working at ARAMARK full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great company to move up. Aramark is everywhere, so there are a lot of opportunities to experience different lines of business anywhere in the US and globally.

Cons

Having all management staff learn about new policies and programs are lacking and corporate needs to communicate better. To not only the RDMs, but the DMs, GM, and front line managers. So we can be ONE Aramark.

Great place to work! The people make the company.

Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at ARAMARK full-time (more than 3 years)

Cons

Some additional transparency as to what changes are to come would make employees feel more secure in working at Aramark. For example: whether Aramark is going to remain in Philadelphia long term or if they see it's headquarters moving else where.

ARAMARK Photos