ARAMARK

Updated February 28, 2015
Updated February 28, 2015

ARAMARK CEO Eric J. Foss
Eric J. Foss

Pros
  • Good work-life balance if you are in the right account, good 401k program and benefits (in 19 reviews)

• Ability to learn various aspects of contract management; opportunity to work in different lines of business (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • They have great training programs, great work life balance, great benefits (in 21 reviews)

• The upper management that wasn't at the direct location was never seen (in 33 reviews)

More Highlights

I have experienced a somewhat regretful experience being employed by the starbucks branch under this company

Current Employee - Starbucks Barista in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Starbucks Barista in Tampa, FL

I have been working at ARAMARK part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Only pros that I can say that I have noticed while working here is that they are somewhat flexible with your schedule.

Cons

Don't get me started. Upper management is horrendous, there is no opprotunity for advancement within the company, management often comes into store angry and yells at the workers in front of employees.

Fire everyone honestly

They don't care

Current Employee - Barista
    Current Employee - Barista

I have been working at ARAMARK

Pros

My chances of getting fired for being lazy are slim to none, since I'm not lazy, but clearly they don't let my coworkers go for it either

Cons

Upper management doesn't care even remotely about the actual labor force. The pay is awful, but you can't quit because if you work on a university campus like I do they'll just find another grunt to fill the space.

They take all of the standard benefits from the companies they franchise away from the employees. I work at a franchised Starbucks, but we don't get any of the same benefits.

They cut hours to save money without caring that it leaves the store short staffed.

Consider how your desires to save money effect your employees. If there is no reason to care, they won't try their hardest.

Working at Aramark was like working In a 3 ring circus...

Former Employee - Driver in Oregon City, OR
    Former Employee - Driver in Oregon City, OR

I worked at ARAMARK full-time (less than a year)

Pros

If I could give any reason to work there I honestly do not know what it would be.... weekends off is the only thing that comes to mind....

Cons

Where do I start.... There is no communication at all it is awful and as a route guy you being the face of the company you get dealt the most crap... Management does not follow through at all... price increases all the time.... the place is Just a joke. Ask a client who has aramark for there uniform rentals or linens or other needs... 7 out of 10 will say how awful they are... Family life kiss that good by... Equipment try driving trucks with over 320000 miles no heater no head lights just junk of equipment.... Unless you are a route driver who has seniority then you get a nice truck...if not they just c r a p on you

Learn how to communicate... Update your equipment... Try to stop ripping every one off...

worst job ever

Current Employee - Management in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Management in Chicago, IL

I have been working at ARAMARK full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

there are no pros for this unfair labor company. The most racist company I have ever worked for.

Cons

The same comments as for the pro.

Follow up on your complaint from a corporate stand point.

Terrible for student employees

I worked at ARAMARK

Pros

working part time while in school, extra pocket money, flexible hours

Cons

taking advantage of students, no benefits, overworked, micromanaging

Just a job

I have been working at ARAMARK

Pros

Just a job
    Can't think of anything else

Cons

No diversity
    Old-schooled
    Incompetent employees are valued
    Very expensive medical benefits

Horrible place to work

Current Employee - Payroll Processor in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Payroll Processor in Nashville, TN

I have been working at ARAMARK full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Somehow this company manages to pull in revenue of around $15 billion. Their contracts include major universities, sports arenas, corrections facilities and hospitals. A Fortune 500 service managed worse than your average mom and pop shop. Company renovated old IRS building on Nolensville Road, remodel is semi high-tech. Each employee issued a laptop to use in "agile" work environment. (Big con to the "agile' this). Company has had job offers declined. Opportunity for the right negotiator to squeeze a higher hourly rate, because people accept the position, and don't show.

Cons

Global Services Center was created to "streamline' processes and make ARAMARK more efficient. Payroll is processed in Nashville, but checks are still processed in Philadelphia??? Payroll Department has lost 13 employees since initial group started in Feb 2014, ridiculously high turnover for a conglomerate of this size. Directors from Philadelphia run the show. Position in the Global Business Services Center was sold to me as an opportunity at a startup with huge opportunities for advancement. ARAMARK DOES NOT promote from within. Several instances of Leads applying for management positions and not even considered for promotions. The agile work environment has resulted in departments being assigned tables to sit at, akin to being in elementary school. When interviewing I was told the inspiration for the workplace was Google. Picture a cafeteria table with 3 workstations and you have ARAMARK's mobile work environment. Don't let the dual monitor setup fool you, looks high-tech from afar.

Kick in the teeth that newer employees are being brought in at higher pay rates than the initial group that started in Feb 2014 endured lots of trials and tribulations. That's a huge boost for morale!! Way to go ARAMARK!! Training has been a disaster. The company originally expected select new hires to travel to Philadelphia, sit with the people whose jobs they were taking and have them document work processes, then have a consulting firm sign off on the process. You tell me how you think this worked out? There have been multiple occasions where the Payroll Dept has been informed of new hires starting only to find out the person decided not to accept the position last minute. This has happened with the Director position as well as Manager positions. A few weeks ago the company finally hired someone green enough to accept the Director position after multiple offers were declined. New manager hired at the same time, has more experience than the Director (head scratcher), used to be at Tractor Supply and Gaylord. Upper management is aware of horrible reputation ARAMARK has earned in Nashville. Inability to hire has resulted in increased workload and employees performing the work of two people. Upper management does not exercise team play and ignores obvious flaws. Most employees know more than the managers.

Be warned Payroll I & Payroll II are the EXACT SAME POSITION. Apparently there is some behind the scenes criteria that was/is used to determine who is a I, and who is a II. In February this was worth a sold $3-$4 difference in pay..to do THE EXACT SAME JOB...NO MORE RESPONSIBILITY, NO LESS. This position DOES NOT process payroll, it is an analyst position that pays less than the average Payroll Processor position and way less than the average analyst position. You can only view payroll reports after payroll processes. The company uses, Millennium, a very old legacy system to process payroll and everyone has a different way to do stuff. Huge lack of standardization.

There are upper level managers who have been failed by ARAMARK on the corporate level and not given the necessary support or resources to make GBS work. This if from the horses mouth if you haven't already decided working for ARAMARK would be career suicide.

Get a clue, just because you're making double or triple what employees make, most of you are severely under qualified for the positions you're in. Case in-point: AP Depth receives non-chargeable PTO Dec 23rd, but Payroll doesn't ?? To make matters worse, the day Payroll receives a few hours non-chargeable PTO, no announcement is made, we only find out after the Director is bolting for the door.

Very poor management. I worked today at the Music City Bowl game. LSU versus Norte Dame at the LP Stadium in Nashville..

Current Employee - Papa Johns LP Stadium in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Papa Johns LP Stadium in Nashville, TN

I have been working at ARAMARK

Pros

Free Pizza, and getting to talk with other employees

Cons

Well it was a busy Day. Music City Bowl game LSU versus Norte Dame. Aramark has a place at LP Stadium and most of the workers sell concessions beer pizza etc. Well I was have been with a staffing company All Team Staffing. And we go to work at Titan Games etc. Well this day I was working with 5 grown men. This lady from Belmont University was our manager. She was giving us all the work with a whole crew of people. No breaks for 8 hours really. They take advantage of people not giving them breaks.

Treat everyone with respect and equality. You company uses people. from Temp agencies and work them to death. Shame on you. Giving them the hardest jobs.

Aramark south east manston

Current Employee - Assistant in Manston, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Assistant in Manston, England (UK)

I have been working at ARAMARK

Pros

None that i can think ofone of the worst jobs around for any benefits

Cons

Ive worked at manston foe seven years theres only one way you can further your career is if your face fits any jobs that are going we are never informed just told when the job has gone .

Be fairer with your employees with job opportunities

More concerned about nickel & diming customers.

Former Employee - District Manager in Tyler, TX
    Former Employee - District Manager in Tyler, TX

I worked at ARAMARK full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Decent benefit package & salary. Five day work week. Vacation time is acceptable with 4 personal days per year.

Cons

Up to five price increases annually, high turnover, poor management, nickel & dime charges, bonus unattainable, poor maintenance of accounts, mad customers & I couldn't sleep good at night because of the practices that were not in line with their mission. You can't treat customers bad, provide poor service, have poor quality, encourage charging of loss/ruin to accounts after they have been serviced & expect to have long term accounts.

Keep doing what you're doing...I switched to another uniform company doing sales only & 75% of my gained accounts are AUS customers. Thanks!!

ARAMARK Photos