ARAMARK

ARAMARK Reviews

Updated Jul 25, 2014

ARAMARK CEO Eric J. Foss

Eric J. Foss

Pros
  • Good work-life balance if you are in the right account, good 401k program and benefits(in 15 reviews)

• Ability to learn various aspects of contract management; opportunity to work in different lines of business(in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • It has a horrible work life balance(in 17 reviews)

• The upper management that wasn't at the direct location was never seen(in 25 reviews)

Solid company to work for

Prosrelaxed work environment, networking opportunities, great downtown Philadelphia location

Conslow pay, depending on your department tough to advance

This particular Aramark account, is completely unorganized and has no sense of direction or the ability to achieve goals

Patient Services Manager (Current Employee) Durham, NC

ProsI enjoy this job because they do a lot of staff recognition to boost on the job morale.

ConsThe senior leadership is not held accountable for their actions in the way they lead their leadership teams. Aramark is a company that encourages growth but with budget constraints our account is not into personal growth.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease become more organized in setting the expectations needed to achieve the goals of our contracts. Effective communication is needed with your middle level management team when handing down information.

Payroll

Payroll (Former Employee) Philadelphia, PA

ProsThe work colleagues that I met were very nic.

ConsTerrible management. Wrong choice in the new CEO. Too many people, including my position, have been laid off. Many positions have been moved to Nashville, TN.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more approachable.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

No support

Manager (Former Employee) Edison, NJ

ProsTime off , vacation, holidays , people

ConsDo more with less, more work with no support structure

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to employees

Good company, hard to advance within.

Assistant Food Service Director (Current Employee) Naperville, IL

ProsDecent work life balance. They will schedule around your needs. They can make moves to get different areas covered.
    Large company with a good outlook.

ConsDifficult to advance within the company.

Horrible Company with incompetent leadership at the local level

Financial Analyst (Current Employee)

ProsGreat place to work to get some experience.

ConsHorrible leadership at the local level. To save money leadership will expect employee to wear to hats and will not compensate you for it..

Advice to Senior ManagementCorporate leadership needs to hire the right leadership team at the local level and hire people with real experience.

Great First Job.

Cashier (Former Employee) Hayward, CA

ProsYou get a flexible if your a student.

ConsCustomers can be hostile and rude.

good..sometimes.

Nutritional Services (Former Employee) Garland, TX

ProsEasy work. (because the managers don't care what you do)

ConsManagement doesn't acknowledge hard workers. Keep bad workers employed.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey need to talk with their employees to see what is really going on at the workplace.

A company that challenges morals and ethics and deflates one's feelings of self worth.

RSR (Current Employee) Cudahy, WI

ProsGood benefits (for now) and decent wages (for now). At least it is a job. The company has multiple locations throughout the world.

Cons1.Lack of managerial support
    2.Long hours
    3. Policies always changing
    4. Rules apply to only certain individuals
    5. The job teaches individuals to lie, cheat, and steal whenever possible,
    6. Ethics of an individual must be left at the door
    7. Nothing that you accomplish here will ever be good enough
    8. Managers always looking at employees for what we did wrong, it is always our fault. We are always wrong.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook at lower level management. They will be the cause of the destruction and demise of the company. They need to learn how to manage and speak to employees and customers. They also need to be held accountable for their actions or the lack of.

Dining services at a University.

Food Service Worker (Former Employee)

ProsGave me the opportunity to work with fellow peers/classmates. Flexible hours and schedule. Free meals.

ConsNot always the most effective managers or student supervisors. Felt some of them were very arrogant. Not much in terms of leadership roles. Required safety meetings generally a waste of time.

Worked for ARAMARK? Contribute to the Community!