ARAMARK Reviews

Updated September 14, 2014
Updated September 14, 2014

ARAMARK CEO Eric J. Foss
Eric J. Foss

Pros
  • Good work-life balance if you are in the right account, good 401k program and benefits (in 16 reviews)

• Ability to learn various aspects of contract management; opportunity to work in different lines of business (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • It has a horrible work life balance (in 16 reviews)

• The upper management that wasn't at the direct location was never seen (in 25 reviews)

More Highlights

rsr

I worked at ARAMARK

Pros

good money and good benefits

Cons

dirty job, but it wasnt too bad

Aramark was the first Fortune 500 company that I worked for. The best part was having a great manager.

I worked at ARAMARK part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

They really worked with my school schedule when I was going to university. The company store manager was really fun to work with.

Cons

Some challenges were the "upper managers", there were so many it was hard to keep track of who to report to or who was priority.

Don't curse in meetings.

Good work and life balance.

I worked at ARAMARK

Pros

If you put your time in and are a team player there are many good things to come to you.

Cons

If you do not play ball with all employees if they have the slightest bit of disagreement with you they will have you fired.

Listen to both sides of a story regardless of protocol because it creates a unfit ful work enviornment.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

It all depends on who the manager is, really

Current Employee - Cashier  in  Knoxville, TN
    Current Employee - Cashier in Knoxville, TN

I have been working at ARAMARK part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Request offs were always permitted
    Flexibility with schedule
    Fellow college students are a better group of customers than the general public
    Coworkers are either fellow college students or really easy-going people. Coworkers that knew what they were doing and were reliable made the work environment.

Cons

Pay raises were once every year and usually consisted from $0.05 to $0.15. Once had a raise that was just $0.01. I worked for this company for 4 years and never came close to $8.00/hour, although people hired in with no experience would receive $8/hour.
    Football Saturdays means no parking and no reliance on management, because they're all pulled to work the stadium.
    Forcing employees to upsell to college students who barely make above minimum wage at their own jobs: not the best idea.
    Upper management has no respect for how stores run. Every store is not a cookie cutter replica of the next one and some stores deliver better in areas that others don't.
    The ridiculous amount of times I would call managers for assistance with a problem (register not working, replacement/breaker not showing up) and hearing back several hours later grows old pretty quick.
    Supervisors ended up doing most of the work and had nothing to show for it (in terms of payment).

Be willing to work with storekeepers about what they really do/don't need in their individual stores (meal plan items, amounts of product). They know their stuff.

Mostly positive

Current Employee - Food Service Director  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Food Service Director in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at ARAMARK full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

OK pay and benefits. Co Workers interesting

Cons

didn't support promotion and working in jails hard on the "Soul"

Not the best job for entry level

Current Employee - Lead  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Lead in Houston, TX

I have been working at ARAMARK full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Good company benefits for full time employees

Cons

Reduce hours during the summer

Pay employees their worth not pennies.

Good people overall, but too small to work for

Former Employee - Software Developer  in  Huntersville, NC
    Former Employee - Software Developer in Huntersville, NC

I worked at ARAMARK as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

People are nice, friendly, engaging. Decent atmosphere and comfortable furnishings.

Cons

Very rigid office hour policies with little to no flex at all. In addition, if you are a contract worker be warned. All that is necessary for you to be dropped is for a small number of clients to cancel their service contracts for you to lose your seat. In such a situation there is no advanced warning and you should keep your resume handy and updated at all times. Never stop looking for work and treat Aramark HT as a stopping point between more stable employment.

offer more WFH/Remote opportunities. Be more flexible with contractors who want to skip a day of work in the summer but still make up the time. Be open and honest about finances and don't promise a contractor a 3 month contract and not live up to your end of it. That is just bad form all the way around.

Very unorganized company

Current Employee - Housekeeping Supervisor  in  Warren, MI
    Current Employee - Housekeeping Supervisor in Warren, MI

I have been working at ARAMARK full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great benefits as far as paid time off and vacation. Company still pays when employee is away on military orders.

Cons

Very unorganized. Does not pay supervisors enough money for what is expected of them. Too many useless meetings. Lack of communication between Aramark and the company we are contracted through. Will not provide supervisor with smart phone to access email on the go, but do not want us to be at our desk for long periods of time.

Supervisors should make more money or have less responsibility.

Event Coordinator

Current Employee - Event Coordinator  in  San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Event Coordinator in San Diego, CA

I have been working at ARAMARK full-time for less than a year

Pros

Not too many positive things to say about this job. I'm contracted out to a really nice company but my pay rate is so low to the point I have to have another job yet this is a fulltime with OT job

Cons

Low pay, and reporting to too many bosses, no progression within the company.

Raise for hybrid positions contracted out or at least more frequent raises

Leaves a lot to be desired.

Former Employee - Food Prep, Cook, Server, Cashier  in  Spokane, WA
    Former Employee - Food Prep, Cook, Server, Cashier in Spokane, WA

I worked at ARAMARK part-time for more than a year

Pros

The only real pros of working with Aramark with my particular team was the hourly wage received and the flexibility in scheduling.

Cons

The management for my particular location is atrocious to say the least. My manager berates employees, is constantly behind on paperwork/ordering inventory, and is uneducated on how to run a business.

Screen who is hired for management positions.

Worked for ARAMARK? Contribute to the Community!