ARAMARK Reviews

Updated August 30, 2014
Updated August 30, 2014

ARAMARK CEO Eric J. Foss
Eric J. Foss

Pros
  • Good work-life balance if you are in the right account, good 401k program and benefits (in 16 reviews)

• Ability to learn various aspects of contract management; opportunity to work in different lines of business (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • It has a horrible work life balance (in 16 reviews)

• The upper management that wasn't at the direct location was never seen (in 25 reviews)

More Highlights

It all depends on who the manager is, really

Current Employee - Cashier  in  Knoxville, TN
    Current Employee - Cashier in Knoxville, TN

I have been working at ARAMARK part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Request offs were always permitted
    Flexibility with schedule
    Fellow college students are a better group of customers than the general public
    Coworkers are either fellow college students or really easy-going people. Coworkers that knew what they were doing and were reliable made the work environment.

Cons

Pay raises were once every year and usually consisted from $0.05 to $0.15. Once had a raise that was just $0.01. I worked for this company for 4 years and never came close to $8.00/hour, although people hired in with no experience would receive $8/hour.
    Football Saturdays means no parking and no reliance on management, because they're all pulled to work the stadium.
    Forcing employees to upsell to college students who barely make above minimum wage at their own jobs: not the best idea.
    Upper management has no respect for how stores run. Every store is not a cookie cutter replica of the next one and some stores deliver better in areas that others don't.
    The ridiculous amount of times I would call managers for assistance with a problem (register not working, replacement/breaker not showing up) and hearing back several hours later grows old pretty quick.
    Supervisors ended up doing most of the work and had nothing to show for it (in terms of payment).

Be willing to work with storekeepers about what they really do/don't need in their individual stores (meal plan items, amounts of product). They know their stuff.

Not the best job for entry level

Current Employee - Lead  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Lead in Houston, TX

I have been working at ARAMARK full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Good company benefits for full time employees

Cons

Reduce hours during the summer

Pay employees their worth not pennies.

Fast paced, diverse, all encompassing experience

Current Employee - Sous Chef  in  Charlottesville, VA
    Current Employee - Sous Chef in Charlottesville, VA

I have been working at ARAMARK full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Ability to learn culturally diverse foods and provide service to a university students whose love for great food is beginning with us.

Cons

very fast paced environment servicing upwards of 2000 customers per meal service(2hrs) can be a bit challenging physically

communicate explicitly and frequently for best results

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Student Employee Experience

I worked at ARAMARK part-time

Pros

Nice Manager, frequent training, state minimum wages

Cons

Too tight about working hours. Over employed

Retail Manager

Current Employee - Retail Manager  in  Wichita, KS
    Current Employee - Retail Manager in Wichita, KS

I have been working at ARAMARK full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

ARAMARK is truly committed to customer satisfaction, they have great programs and tools to assure you succeed in what ever position you hold in the company. ARAMARK promotes within the company before looking outside the company, There HR Department is great, whatever the question they have the answer and take time to explain ARAMARK policy's and benefits.

Cons

Cannot think of any cons. ARAMARK Is a great company to work for, they are truly committed to there employees. They have great training programs, great work life balance, great benefits.

Continue to engage with your employees they are your greatest asset!

District Manager

I worked at ARAMARK

Pros

free meals and clients are enjoyable to work with

Cons

management is clueless. popularity is the only way to succees, dumb way to run a business

It was fine but seasonal not permanant

Former Employee - Food Service Worker  in  Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Food Service Worker in Atlanta, GA

I worked at ARAMARK part-time for less than a year

Pros

Get to see some of the games and players.

Cons

Not much room for advancement

Worst Job

Former Employee - Student Worker  in  West Hartford, CT
    Former Employee - Student Worker in West Hartford, CT

I worked at ARAMARK part-time for more than a year

Pros

The only pro is having amazing co workers

Cons

when I fell on the job, I was never informed that I can only go to APPROVED hospitals. So instead of workers comp covering my expense I was sent to collections having to pay back my hospital bill.

Learn how to be great managers

Corrections

Current Employee - Cook Supervisor  in  Dayton, OH
    Current Employee - Cook Supervisor in Dayton, OH

I have been working at ARAMARK full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good first job to get foot in door and learn the food service industry.

Cons

No training available. If you aren't a quick learner you will fail...and fail horribly.

Quit cutting payroll then expect remaining staff to complete the unrealistic requirements of the job. Every facility is not the same and requires more than a FSD to run it. You are doomed to fail if you do not develop a line of succession. Take note people are leaving in droves. Also do not believe your own hype. Certain LOB are great others are not and corrections is at the top of that not so great list.

I work for Aramark (ACS) It is the foodservice contractor in correctional institutions.It's a hostile environment.

Current Employee - Assistant Food Service Director  in  Lebanon, OH
    Current Employee - Assistant Food Service Director in Lebanon, OH

I have been working at ARAMARK full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good pay for salaried management. Great for hourly employees almost unlimited overtime. Some hourly employees exceed manager salary by the time they get over time.

Cons

Work short handed a lot. Work seven days before an off day. Constant battle between state employees and Aramark employees .Because the state has contracted Aramark, the correctional officers whom formerly performed our duties are very hostile. The hostility is manifested both openly and covertly. Aramark (ACS) has taken a lot of heat lately for it's poor sanitation practices. Yet the state fails to provide water hot enough to wash or sanitize dishes. The pipes in the wall are so rotten, that if they turned the water up to the proper temperature it would cause major renovation costs to the state run facility. We have to boil water in a struggle to wash dishes to serve 2800 in mates three meals per day. The maintenance staff (state) provides not preventative maintenance. Some un repaired equipment without seals have become home to pests to embed themselves in. The walls are infested with rodents, and roaches, and Aramark has had the contract for less than a year. Who was there first the rodents or Aramark?

Have a job fair of massive proportions. Work with the state to expedite the results of background checks. Work with medical professionals to expedite drug test and TB tests. Give management the time and the people to train properly to avoid the sanitation and filth that has occurred recently,. And let the state do it's part by providing hot water and maintenance on it's food service equipment which will discourage the harboring and infestation of pests.

Worked for ARAMARK? Contribute to the Community!