ARAMARK Sports & Entertainment Group

Reset
2.8
ARAMARK Sports & Entertainment Group Chairman, President and CEO Eric J. Foss
Eric J. Foss

Pros
  • mobility to move to different venues (in 2 reviews)

• You get to work around the sport you love and meet people with interesting stories about why they came to watch and the staff is great (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • wish there was full-time opportunity (in 4 reviews)

• There is NO room for upward mobility (in 3 reviews)

1. cook supersivor

Current Employee - Chef Manager in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Chef Manager in Houston, TX

Pros

Leading food service love what they are doing well, sports and entertainment and business dining. Hope to be able to get to the top

Cons

Promoting, up take great workers longer longer break are needed have to pay for your own lunch and dinner more bonuses.

Advice to Management

Do a better job interview process and a lot of little things can be eliminated up front. training is very important to running a business and getting the most out of the employees.

2. Sports & Entertainment

Former Employee - Payroll Assistant/Premium Staffing Supervisor in Oakland, CA
    Former Employee - Payroll Assistant/Premium Staffing Supervisor in Oakland, CA

I worked at ARAMARK Sports & Entertainment Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great supportive management team. Intern program, benefits and just a fun environment to be in. Aramark was the food & beverage service at the O.Co Coliseum.

Cons

It has it's challenges working in an older building but they managed. They ended up loosing the contract in 2014.

Advice to Management

Recognize your department assistants, they are the ones that keep your managers looking good. Plan office outings, it does make a difference.

3. Cook

Former Employee - Cook Worked In Kitchen As A Prep Cook Grill Cook in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at ARAMARK Sports & Entertainment Group part-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

It's worth the time and experience .Good place to to work. You can learn a lot by working there

Cons

The benefits we ask for they did not give us .No Dental, No Hospital, No Health benefits.Lunch breaks were terrible also

Advice to Management

The management was slightly fear but not real good .Chefs were alright far as work goes.We talked about different menus and other things.

5. decent company to work for

Pros

Flexibility in terms of scheduling

Cons

Having to work long hours sometimes for extended periods of time.

Advice to Management

Listen more to your front of the line people because they see more than you can.

6. Intern

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Holmdel, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Holmdel, NJ

Pros

Great Staff Great Benefits Negotiable Hours Interaction with higher-ups

Cons

There aren't many especially where i worked except for Long hours ( that's obvious in entertainment)

7. Manager

I worked at ARAMARK Sports & Entertainment Group (More than a year)

Pros

Great Benefits, if your a college grad fresh out of school they have a great mentor program.

Cons

Little support from General Manager , been in position for many years hs learned to stay under the Corporate radar. HR is not their for you they are over the board and lucky to get time and advice to better your management style all 3 HR people in different states with their own agenda.

Advice to Management

Work lessons and reports first - client 2nd - beware of the 800 # your employee's can destroy you.

8. Doing more with less

Current Employee - Manager in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Manager in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at ARAMARK Sports & Entertainment Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Its a large company with many outlets in Philadelphia.

Cons

The company values cost savings over work life balance of salaried staff. Poor managers are moved to other roles rather than being let go. There is little room at the top of the management structure for middle managers to be promoted. Rather than posting open positions and hiring, the company moves other salaried managers in during off peak times, thus taking away any chance to have on/off season balance. Expect to have a minimum of 60 hours and up to 90 hours during peak sports schedules.

Advice to Management

Should trust that front line managers have direct lines to the clients and are your best sales people to solidify client accounts. Taking resources away from FLM prevents them from providing quality service to the customers and clients. It would be in your best interest to manage low performing managers out of the system before they cost you the relationship with the clients.

9. Food Service

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I worked at ARAMARK Sports & Entertainment Group part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Lots of fellow employees to associate with and the events can be a lot of fun. People who come to events are usually in a great mood to service.

Cons

Too much favoritism and most management knows nothing of what their in charge of. It is a Union House, you pay dues and the Union does nothing for you.

Advice to Management

Be more fair!!! Pay compliments once in a while instead of always finding fault.

10. District Manager

Current Employee - District Manager
    Current Employee - District Manager

I have been working at ARAMARK Sports & Entertainment Group full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

consistent career, allowed me to get back to area I wanted

Cons

new leadership has ruined this company. "Our way or highway" and Pepsi Co mentality (almost all new leadership has come from there) has taken customer service and employee well being out of corporation. No longer genuine concern for customer needs. True valued employees and rewards replaced by paper thin "employee appreciation day" and customer appreciation day" which are transparent and things to say " look at what we do for our customers" and aren't backed by true actions. Penny pinching is understood in corporate environment, but not when it risks contract or it skews Aramark to client return so heavily that it risks customer value and is ethically questionable. Work life balance is non existent and getting worse with new "initiatives" created to justify some functional roles position while bringing little value to customer, client or field/employee. Bare bones staffing is ok when everything is working, but in customer service and people industry, that is rare. The culture and values since the change are a facade. Too busy worried about competitors systems and what they are doing and trying to copy rather than innovate own systems. IT infrastructure is archaic and the worst I have seen in thirty years of business.

Advice to Management

new management should lose their "holier than thou" " we are smarter than you" mentality and listen to those who built this company or more importantly, those who have a choice when contracts need to be renewed (the customer)

11. Undisclosed

Pros

There are no pros for this company.

Cons

The corporate office treats workers beyond horrible. They record all your phone calls without your prior knowledge and then they want to tell your current boss everything you told corporate that should be personal and confidential. Corporate threatened me today to the point I told nearly them I quit just on the phone regarding a payroll issue. It is bad. It is no wonder that you can't keep people with the way you treat people on the phone and policies and procedures that I am told about that are not even in the employee handbook that honestly are just more red tape that is really not necessary and this comes from someone with extensive experience in cash management and then corporate hung up on me and blames me for what happened. Really. Don't work here people It is not worth it. Worst management i have ever come across in my entire life.

RSS Feed </> Embed