ARAMARK Sports & Entertainment Group

66 reviews filtered by
2.5
ARAMARK Sports & Entertainment Group President Marc Bruno
Marc Bruno

Pros
  • mobility to move to different venues (in 2 reviews)

• Worked at a stadium, had fun co-workers, people were excited for game days, decent pay for part time work (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • It can be tiring to be on your feet all day after a long week of full time work (in 4 reviews)

• There is NO room for upward mobility (in 3 reviews)

1. Brick Wall

I worked at ARAMARK Sports & Entertainment Group

Pros

Great atmosphere, great management, employee perks

Cons

Advancement relies heavily on contracts within the general area, no room for growth, hourly wages capped

After long career...lost confidence in company and executive team.

Former Employee - District Manager
    Former Employee - District Manager

I worked at ARAMARK Sports & Entertainment Group full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Competitive salary and benefits; opportunities

Cons

Change and Risk adverse, lack of training, not always ethical, work life balance, does not value clients equally

Spend more time in field and with clients, realize "meeting" a client does not equal a solid relationship.

3. The Bottom Line

I have been working at ARAMARK Sports & Entertainment Group

Pros

A couple years ago this was a good company. But today there are no pros for this company. The only thing that matters now is the bottom line.

Cons

In a time where states are raising the minimum wage Aramark refuses to become a leader. The only thing that matters is the bottom line. We are faced with an upcoming contract negation and upper management has yet to convene a meeting for front line managers to get some feedback as to what changes need to take place in order to help them do their jobs. Even if they did ask their opinion I can guarantee the negotiators have been told to give up everything to keep the wage at $9.25 an hour for the PT workers.

You are losing quality managers because you treat them so badly. They mean nothing to upper management. All upper management wants is a puppet to appease the client for staffing purposes. Upper management has no clue what the front line managers deal with. Get a grip and get dirty, climb down from your ivory tower.

5. Poor support provided by HR Dept

I worked at ARAMARK Sports & Entertainment Group part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Some of the talented younger employees are very loyal and dedicated

Cons

These same loyal employees are overworked, underpaid with little advancement available

Get rid of the older, slower, less innovative managers-they are bored, boring and lack creativity

HR Manager

I worked at ARAMARK Sports & Entertainment Group

Pros

Awesome mentor and experiences at venues

Cons

No work-life balance or structure

Such a Love/Hate Relationship

Former Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in Washington, DC

I worked at ARAMARK Sports & Entertainment Group full-time (less than a year)

Pros

As a team store employee, you got to meet A LOT of VIPs from team docs, trainers to players, players families (sometimes the players themselves), and sometimes the teams owners/families would come in which was always fun.

You also got to interact with so many different people whether they be season ticket holders all the way from the 80s who were loyal to the team to a school group from Japan on their last full day in the US who are attending their first American basketball or hockey game.

It is never a dull moment working in the store or at the stands on the concourse from the team mascots and cheerleaders coming through the store taking pictures or handing out mementos to the staff playing games either before or after the game to get us pumped for the game or to celebrate a win.

Cons

You are standing for an EXTREMELY long time, and they did not have anti-fatigue mats behind the counters for the cashiers.

Sometimes the customers would get extremely irate if they were denied a item return because it was either damaged upon return, a final sale item or they either did not have the credit card the item was purchased on or they do not have the ID of the card holder etc.

As an employee, sometimes, your pay checks do not add up to the hours you worked or the check you think is the "big money" amount is delayed 2-3 pay periods and if you aren't prepared for that wait, it will get very frustrating very quickly.

If you have to take public transportation, sometimes you get out of a game/event so late the buses or trains running in the direction you need to go are no longer operating and it can be hard to find a ride that isn't going to break the bank.

The breaks do not feel long enough in order to get your food, find somewhere to sit, eat, use the restroom and get back without feeling sick from having to eat quickly to hurry back so the next group can have their break.

Treat your employees a little better and do not show favoritism towards one employee and not the the others. We try our very best and work extremely hard everyone is taken care of; but sometimes you feel more like a machine and less like an imperfect human employee working with sometimes irate/drunk/English-is-not-their-first-language/rushed imperfect humans.

Painful

Former Employee - Teller in Kansas City, MO
    Former Employee - Teller in Kansas City, MO

I worked at ARAMARK Sports & Entertainment Group part-time (more than a year)

Pros

co-workers were nice. that part was enjoyable

Cons

attitude of supervisors was poor. they looked down on those working for them.

Could be Run Better but Egos get in the way

I have been working at ARAMARK Sports & Entertainment Group

Pros

Free ticket to a baseball game
    Fun Staff that enjoy their jobs and take it seriously.
    Interaction with the fans is always a plus especially when the home team wins.

Cons

1.) Very unorganized
    2.) work late and the job can get boring
    3.) hourly pay and seasonal job is tough to handle when looking for a career type job

Promote from within and treat employees better

Concessions worker NPO

Former Contractor - Non for Profit Concession Worker in Chicago, IL
    Former Contractor - Non for Profit Concession Worker in Chicago, IL

I worked at ARAMARK Sports & Entertainment Group as a contractor (more than 3 years)

Pros

It's a great way to raise money for your organization. But don't expect to get treated like you are part of the family or that you are all their for the same goal.

Cons

They are very demanding and unrealistic. They don't treat you very well and they treat their paid employees just as bad. Very unorganized especially when it's time to check out and it will take you hours. By the time your day is over you wll have worked for them form 7 am to 5 pm. They will not allow you to put out a TIP jar and you aren't even making a salary just a commisiion from your booth. They really make out here and work you hard for it. When weather is bad they don't care you can only wear a Bears knit hat which means you have to buy it and their shirt has to fit over your clothes and jacket becasue they want to see the shirt; if it doesn't the you have to take off some of your layers. They do not care if you are freezing and they don't put heaters in the stands, they won't even allow you to wear a face mask to keep warm. Bottom line they only care that their uniform shirt is showing if you get sick too bad. They don't care how long it takes to check you out because they aren't paying you by the hour and it's rear that they ever say thank you; instead they seem to prefer to speak to like an animal. (I talk to my dog better). They never value your opinion and anything you say will be disregarded.

Care about your peoples well being they are the face of YOUR company. Listen to their ideas they are the ones in the stand working it, using your equipent and trying to sell your products. Value your people's input you might be surprised especially when you discover this is what we do in our spare time to help raise money for our organization we actually have a real job that pays real money because we have a brain and real ideas. We're not just warm bodies (or in some cases the freezing persons) who are in your stand to make it look good. Also spend some time training your managers. If you are going to send a 19 year old to oversee our stand they should know more than we do about how to do their job. They should also be of legal age since a huge portion of our sales is in beer, it would be nice if they actually knew the correct rules of your park and laws of the area.

Lied to upon being hired. No health care offered to full time employees.

Current Employee - Shift Supervisor
    Current Employee - Shift Supervisor

I have been working at ARAMARK Sports & Entertainment Group full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Easy work.
    Quick promotion if you know the right people.

Cons

Bad HR department.
    told to just "pump on the toilet" as a nursing mother of a 5 month old.
    Not offered health care as a full time employee.
    Poor pay and irregular hours.
    Checks short and wrong rate more often then not.
    Told to wait for next paycheck for any corrections.

Pay your employees what you agree on, follow the law, and listen to your staff when they have a concern.

ARAMARK Sports & Entertainment Group Photos