ARAMARK Uniform and Career Apparel

Updated Jul 21, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Brad Drummond

Pros
  • The company does have some good benefits even though their not as good as they used to be(in 20 reviews)

• Good pay, ok benefits, career opportunities, of you're willing to relocate(in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • If you are to succeed you must be willing to give up your work life balance(in 8 reviews)

• Constant price increases which creates a tense, overworked atmosphere(in 13 reviews)

Outstanding Commission Opportunities

Account Executive (Former Employee) Fresno, CA

ProsGood base salary, outstanding commission opportunities. Decent car allowance and fuel plan. Promotional opportunities are abundant for those who succeed.

ConsHigh turnover in Sales Departments. Slow production causes problems with deliveries. Way too many price increases!

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to take care of the Sales people, as they are the lifeline to continued success. Slow down with the constant price increases.

consistently more challenging, but it's up to you to take on the challenge

ProsGreat people- ability to develop individuals as better employees

ConsWorkload placed on front line managers

Advice to Senior ManagementAsk for real feedback on how growth initiatives implemented from the top down effect the front line. put in quality personnel to do their job on the front line and don't force the growth with quarterly pi's

Customers come second ,Push that price increase , Sell, Sell , Sell

Route Sales Representative (Former Employee) Paramount, CA

ProsGreat chances you'll meet great people

ConsAramark doesn't care about " Your Feelings" everyone gets a price increase!

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your inner self , if it doesn't feel right, more than likely it's wrong !

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Many hours, ok if your single. Plan on having no time with kids and wife if your married.

ProsGood benefits, close to work

ConsLimitless hours working. Always running behind.

Advice to Senior ManagementWay too much pressure and threats to employment on front line employees and managers.

Not The Same Company That Hired Me

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsBenefits were good, pay was decent, bonus was decent. People often said the reason they stay is because of the wages. Recognized globally.

ConsOnly concerned with making money...even if it means losing tenured employees, customers, etc. Inclusive culture when I was hired...turned into a business of individuals only concerned with their own advancement and not the team surrounding them.

Advice to Senior ManagementSpend as much time on work/life balance for the employee as you do studying how to squeeze the P&L. You're replacing committed workers with warm bodies, and it is affecting your level of service on the street as well as perception to the end user. Customers saw us as a clone of Cintas...that wasn't the case when I was hired. I gave the same comments on the last employee satisfaction survey, but I'm sure these comments will end up in the same place as these. If you're serious about changing employee satisfaction and customer perception which in turn affects retention of both, then start listening more to your foot soldiers and not your upper management. You are being deceived.

Big company with focus on numbers. Your district is a number and that is it.

District Manager (Former Employee) Indianapolis, IN

ProsDecent pay with average benefits. Company car or car allowance of $500/month both with a fuel card.

ConsConstant micro management with huge emphasis on numbers that affect quarterly bonuses. Too many price increases given to customers (2 to 4 a year) by corporate, which causes issues for retention, contract attainment and base business growth (all of these numbers represent a large portion of your bonus).... Meaning that your bonus can be largely affected by corporate decisions that you have little control over. Also, the DM has to wear many hats. The DM has several customer call ins with service issues caused by the plant with shortages and appearance. The DM has to run a route when the RSR is sick, injured etc. due to constant staffing issues ( avg 2-5 days a month) and the phone issues, reports, conference calls and micro management still continues when you run the route. You will literally pull the truck over for an hour just to be on a weekly conference call that you have to listen to your GM tell you how important it is to hold your RSR team accountable at their daily check-in. There are not enough hours in the day to meet with your top 52 customer base once a quarter, meet with upset customers threatening to cancel (1-5 a week), negotiating contract renewals, 5-7 route check ins daily, attending new sales proposals with AE, installing new accounts, meeting with over 90 day non payment customers, 2 route ride alongs each week, weekly team meeting, weekly conference call, monthly trainings....and on and on!

Advice to Senior ManagementThe morale is very low due to our constant focus on numbers. Allow the districts to be managed by the DM team, because every district has their own strengths and weaknesses. Making a tenured DM focus on L & R because the Market Center average is down is not the best idea when that DM is the highest in the MC. How can a DM make the Hawaii trip (top 20 out of 420) if you do not let them manage their numbers and focus on that certain district's weaknesses?

Great people, flexible schedule

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Burbank, CA

ProsGood management infrastructure, had the tools to do my job, flexible schedule, good managers

ConsHeavily sales focused at the expense of process, behind on technology infrastructure, frequent layoffs are disheartening

Challenging industry solid company

ProsGood benefits, lots of opportunity to grow your career.

ConsLong hours and lots of added work and responsibility. The fleet is always breaking down, product shortages and quality make it difficult to retiming customers

IT IS A NICE EXPERIANCE LOVE IT

Account Executive (Current Employee) Denver, CO

ProsFreedom no one is on your back if you sell

Consit is unprofessional some times

Advice to Senior Managementnothing

Big corporate influence on your every day expectations- all that matters is money.

Route Sales Representative (Former Employee) Portland, OR

ProsA person can make a lot of money if they don't mind the "greedy corporation"

ConsYou can't sleep well if you're an honest person.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere is someone a lot bigger than shareholders that you are accountable to.

Worked for ARAMARK Uniform and Career Apparel? Contribute to the Community!