ARAMARK Uniform and Career Apparel

Updated August 9, 2014
Updated August 9, 2014

2.5

Brad Drummond

Pros
  • The company does have some good benefits even though their not as good as they used to be (in 20 reviews)

• Good pay, ok benefits, career opportunities, of you're willing to relocate (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • If you are to succeed you must be willing to give up your work life balance (in 8 reviews)

• Constant price increases which creates a tense, overworked atmosphere (in 13 reviews)

More Highlights

Decent Company

Pros

I worked at corporate and the company as a whole they treated their employees fair and well. Benefits and 401k were good. I was mostly satisfied with working at the company and if I didn't feel like I was being overlooked by my direct management, I would still be there.

Cons

In my department, it seemed that people would get over looked for promotions or training. In other departments, you would see people getting to the next level. There were people in our department that had been there for over 10 years, that never got a promotion or increase. You could just tell that there wasn't anywhere for you to go, because of management.

Recognize which senior managers do not know how to manage employees or their department. Look for employees that are working hard and are intelligent and help them get to the next level.

Few retire from Aramark Uniforms

Current Employee - District Manager of Accounts
    Current Employee - District Manager of Accounts

Pros

company car or program, not much else....

Cons

Company has no real direction, changes weekly. Over charge customers with annual price increases then follows it up with 2-3 additional price increases per year. Product is poor, uniforms look terrible, wrinkled. This is just a job! not a career.

Poor hard fisted 1960 culture, Company mission statement is only a statement. very unethical company

Company is tanking, Horrible People working there

Current Employee - Account Executive  in  Cherry Hill, NJ
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Cherry Hill, NJ

Pros

Good base pay of $42,500. Car allowance of $525 per month. Company phone and laptop. Bonus of $3000 when you complete your training. Aramark is a reputable company though so it looks good on a resume if you can stick it out for a year. They give you about a year to figure out what you're doing and be good at it before they fire you. A good "stepping stone" to get to a better company. I think it has a good work-life balance since I can work from home often.

Cons

Poor management, high turnover rate for all positions. My coworkers have either been there a few months or more than 4 years. The uniform division is the worst division of the company to work for. Outside sales so a lot of driving depending on your territory. We sell work uniforms and floor mats which isn't glamourous. Office is filthy - clutter, dust, bugs and mice. Sales office, service and manufacturing plant all at same location so very small desks, loud and too many people in too small an area. Takes a very long time to make any commission. At least 9-12 months before you make any money on top of the base salary. Would not recommend working here for more than a year.

Have higher standards.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Account Executice (Sales)

Former Employee - Account Executive  in  Cudahy, WI
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Cudahy, WI

Pros

Okay Pay. Provided gas card for car. Beneits seemed decent.

Cons

Micro-managed. Management very political and not people-oriented. My training was lack-luster due to my Sales Manager being located in a different city. Commission structure is what ulitmately made me leave. As soon as I sold accounts over $1500 a week, I had to "share" them with a higher level sales person, even though I did the work. I had to totally give away one account BC of this and made really little on another large account. Good luck retaining long-term sales people!!

The company has really changed

Pros

Variety of what you encounter so you do not get bored.

Cons

Lack of work life balance, career advancement opportunities are few.

When you ask for input listen to it.

Current route sales representative

Current Employee - RSS  in  Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - RSS in Orlando, FL

Pros

Great benefits,great fleet management.stockroom management nice too.

Cons

Not life,no kids time,no time for nothing during the week, wake up go to work, get off work and is time go to sleep already.dm's, agm,gm don't worth for nothing.

Very discriminate racial.

Atlanta be warned

Former Employee - Account Executive  in  Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Not a lot of pros here. Gas card and a little bit of freedom

Cons

The worst corporate training ever! Aramark was my first outside sales position and the experience was horrific. When I was first hired my then sales manager was demoted to MAE and they didn't fill the position for 8 months. So I was self taught and received help from outside mentors. Commission structure is poor, unrealistic numbers and management are idiots. The industry sucks and this company is on the bottom of that pole. The worst customer service model I have seen from a Fortune 500 company. Don't believe you will be different tryst me they treat you like crap and pay you like it

Mold your reps and don't take them out on half day rides outside of their territory because you have a new camero. You have lost a lot of good people who are successful at other companies. Just get rid of the entire division it isn't profitable

Look Elsewhere

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Lawrenceville, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lawrenceville, GA

Pros

The work itself was interesting and at times challenging

Cons

Very Cliquish Assigned times that you can be away from your desk--yes this is an office environment
    Management has favorites that can do no wrong--all others are invisible or irrelevant
    What they promise you at interview and in meetings does not come to pass
    If you have come to do your work 1st and not spend your time chatting around you are not part of the clique.
    The office has eyes all around people talk behind others backs and sometimes it goes to the persons manager before it even gets to the.--People should mind their own business!

Look at all people and not just your cliques People who come in to work on a daily basis and are open to new tasks are just as important as your favorites.
    This is not the 1800's or a factory--adults do not always have a clock around to walk away from their desks.

District Manager

Former Employee - District Manager  in  Vancouver, WA
    Former Employee - District Manager in Vancouver, WA

Pros

career opportunities, Account management, autonomy to make decisions at times.

Cons

Work life balance can be a challenge with volume of responsibilities and tools/programs to get them done are outdated and complex. Customers are looked at as numbers and the smaller ones are brushed off.

Need to create a better team atmosphere. Develop a better training and mentor program. The goals for bonus structure seem attainable at first and then become unrealistic after you realize their is a lot of things out of your control. Some might see that raising rates on customers 3 - 4 times a year as unethical...

Be Prepared to Work Long Hours

Pros

You are pretty much on your own. You can live on the pay. It is a very good stepping stone to the next level.

Cons

The pay is what keeps most of the guys there. I don't know many of them that are happy. New managers are hired from the outside and their training does not give them time to learn how to run a route. Its all about the numbers. Work life balance is horrible. Most of the extra hours that I work are due to mistakes other departments make. The only way to make your numbers is to gouge the customer.

Focus on customer service instead of pushing numbers

Worked for ARAMARK Uniform and Career Apparel? Contribute to the Community!