ARAMARK Uniform and Career Apparel

Updated Jul 9, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Brad Drummond

Pros:
  • "Good benefits, lots of opportunity to grow your career"
    in 18 reviews
  • "Good pay, ok benefits, career opportunities, of you're willing to relocate"
    in 12 reviews
Cons:
  • "Constant price increases which creates a tense, overworked atmosphere"
    in 13 reviews
  • "Poor quality , price increases , long hours with little help from you mangers"
    in 12 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Human Resources

ProsGood stable company that is growing, good work-life balance

ConsSometimes things take a while to get done through bureaucracy.

Lots of opportunities.

ProsIf you work hard and be a good student you can go far. The pay and benefits are good.

ConsIf you are to succeed you must be willing to give up your work life balance.

Advice to Senior ManagementI know that we are a public company now and that is a game changer but we need to somehow consider a way of putting more value on our employees.

Look Elsewhere

Lawrenceville, GA

ProsThe work itself was interesting and at times challenging

ConsVery Cliquish Assigned times that you can be away from your desk--yes this is an office environment
    Management has favorites that can do no wrong--all others are invisible or irrelevant
    What they promise you at interview and in meetings does not come to pass
    If you have come to do your work 1st and not spend your time chatting around you are not part of the clique.
    The office has eyes all around people talk behind others backs and sometimes it goes to the persons manager before it even gets to the.--People should mind their own business!

Advice to Senior ManagementLook at all people and not just your cliques People who come in to work on a daily basis and are open to new tasks are just as important as your favorites.
    This is not the 1800's or a factory--adults do not always have a clock around to walk away from their desks.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

District Manager

District Manager (Former Employee)
    Vancouver, WA

Proscareer opportunities, Account management, autonomy to make decisions at times.

ConsWork life balance can be a challenge with volume of responsibilities and tools/programs to get them done are outdated and complex. Customers are looked at as numbers and the smaller ones are brushed off.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to create a better team atmosphere. Develop a better training and mentor program. The goals for bonus structure seem attainable at first and then become unrealistic after you realize their is a lot of things out of your control. Some might see that raising rates on customers 3 - 4 times a year as unethical...

Be Prepared to Work Long Hours

ProsYou are pretty much on your own. You can live on the pay. It is a very good stepping stone to the next level.

ConsThe pay is what keeps most of the guys there. I don't know many of them that are happy. New managers are hired from the outside and their training does not give them time to learn how to run a route. Its all about the numbers. Work life balance is horrible. Most of the extra hours that I work are due to mistakes other departments make. The only way to make your numbers is to gouge the customer.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on customer service instead of pushing numbers

Used to a great company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe company does have some good benefits even though their not as good as they used to be. Bonuses were quite good.

ConsJob security does not exist at this company. There are constant re-organizations and lay offs almost every 6 months or so. The company used to be number 1 in the industry but has fallen in the ranks steadily even though it is still profitable. Management is still trying to find the right answers but I doubt they ever will.

Advice to Senior ManagementI'm not sure what advice to give to management as they totally incompetent. They follow the peter principle of making sure they promote people to their highest level of incompetency.

Worse work enviroment including the people, work enviroment, and overall culture.

Account Executive (Former Employee)
    Charlotte, NC

ProsCompany looks great on a resume. With the activity required, you will develop stronger presentations skills and become efficent and somewhat effective with cold-calling.

ConsBase is not enough to cover the amount of time it takes to ramp up. Sales and Service are on two different pages always. Cold enviroment that makes it hard for a typical sales person to get comfortable in.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe company overall is like a blast from the past. Very different from Aramark's other platforms. Even the quarterly required meeting of presenting your numbers in front of everyone is so ineffective. I feel they still do it because they don't know what else to do. Get with 2014 and keep your sales team happy so that you can keep the good employees around.

Great company to work for. Opportunities are abundant because of their various lines of business.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsPeople and safety focused. Corporate office is set up with a gym and informal conversation areas. Company co-sponsored transit subsidies.

ConsBecause of structural changes at the parent company, there have been several reductions in workforce to make the company more lean. However, the jobs from the reductions have to be absorbed by remaining staff.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more considerate of work/life Balance. Focus and prioritization of new projects should be balanced with the organization's resources and ability to execute.

Dishonest and Greedy

Route Operations Manager (Former Employee)
    Pompano Beach, FL

ProsI finally found a better career at a more honest company. I also no longer have to dial in to pointless conference calls and stupid contests. (Aren't you supposed to actually win something other than lining Sr. Management's pockets?)

ConsBe prepared to off-cycle increase your customers at least 3xYear by at least 20%. You will also lock them into auto-renewing contracts that are longer than most home mortgages. You will get at disgruntled customer call at least once ever 15 minuets and you will have zero resources to solve their issues other than beg for product from production and drive it out to the customer yourself.

If you lose a customer (why wouldn't they want to stay with Aramark?), then it is your fault completely. If your drivers don't bill at least 23% Loss & Ruin product for each customer then you will have to audit their truck and "find" damage.

Advice to Senior Managementbetter quality of product, less gouging of the customers.

Pro's do not out weigh the con's

District Manager (Current Employee)

ProsAramark pays above the industy average in many of it's positions and has great incentive and bonus opportunities. I have also found that locally I have great peer level support that has been forged through great hardship.

ConsOn a national level the company's drive for growth through price manipulation and their willingness to place the burden of the strategy's success on the frontline associate exclusively, makes it impossible to impossible to maintain customer relationships. Work life balance is non-existant.

Advice to Senior ManagementPrice and contract manipulation is not a long term growth strategy.

Worked for ARAMARK Uniform and Career Apparel? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at ARAMARK Uniform and Career Apparel reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for ARAMARK Uniform and Career Apparel CEO Brad Drummond. All 155 reviews posted anonymously by ARAMARK Uniform and Career Apparel employees.