ARAMARK Uniform and Career Apparel

Updated September 12, 2014
Updated September 12, 2014
2.6

Brad Drummond

Pros
  • The company does have some good benefits even though their not as good as they used to be (in 20 reviews)

• Good pay, ok benefits, career opportunities, of you're willing to relocate (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • If you are to succeed you must be willing to give up your work life balance (in 8 reviews)

• Constant price increases which creates a tense, overworked atmosphere (in 13 reviews)

More Highlights

Good company, bad fit for me

Former Employee - Key Account Manager  in  Norwell, MA
    Former Employee - Key Account Manager in Norwell, MA

I worked at ARAMARK Uniform and Career Apparel full-time for more than a year

Pros

Benefits, delightful people in the office, very good director level support and customer service and operational support

Cons

Sales strategy was still being figured out when I was there, quotas constantly changed for key account management, how we were paid did not line up with how we were expected to act or sell.

Get in the trenches with account managers and ask what is going on rather than assuming. Try not to create such an atmosphere of insecurity with all the layoffs in the office, and be more transparent about company goals and strategy so employees are not always looking over their shoulder wondering if or why they will be next to be let go.

Not for me.

Current Employee - Account Executive
    Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at ARAMARK Uniform and Career Apparel full-time for less than a year

Pros

Still deciding, great for new sales person 180 phone calls weak

Cons

Micro-mgmnt, low-pay, one week of paid vacation, rate increases constantly

Account Executive

I have been working at ARAMARK Uniform and Career Apparel full-time

Pros

Great entry level sales position. Teaches you management skills and corporate life style. Compensation is good for a beginning sales rep.

Cons

Can be a tough environment to work in. In most cases, management promotes most tenured individual instead of who is best for the job. Some managers lack skills to be affective. Internal facilities are not the cleanliest.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Definitely has gone down hill over the years

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Fenton, MO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fenton, MO

I have been working at ARAMARK Uniform and Career Apparel full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Monday-Friday hours
    Benefits are okay
    That is about it

Cons

So many where do I begin? Childish behavior in the office, sometimes feels as though we are in kindergarten. The unethical behavior of the office manager and the fact that the office manager does not keep things that should be confidential, confidential. No room for advancement unless you can lie your way to the top. The way employees are treated by their peers or management. Don't bother getting a degree and thinking you will move up. It is all about who you know, it is not based on your knowledge or education. Office moral is worse in this office then any other place I have worked.

This office can sometimes have a very hostile work environment.

Get all the facts before judging a person, don't always believe one person and base your opinion of someone based on lies. Treat your employees like they matter. Promote within when a job becomes available and don't look outside the company. There are many talented people that work here and no the business.

Great company to work for but internal communications regarding procedural changes and company infrastructure sucks.

I worked at ARAMARK Uniform and Career Apparel

Pros

Great employee climate, allows room for growth in the company depending on your position.

Cons

Direct communication from the powers that be to employees leaves a lot to be desired.

Need to be more in touch with your climate and culture. The decisions you make affect us more than you consider...

Not like it used to be.

Former Employee - District Manager  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - District Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at ARAMARK Uniform and Career Apparel full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great atmosphere - rewarded for results - mostly great leadership

Cons

work hard play hard - lots of long hours

you can become the structured organization you want to be and still take care of the people that work hard every day - it doesn't need to be one or the other.

Solid Company

Former Employee - General Manager  in  Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - General Manager in Columbus, OH

I worked at ARAMARK Uniform and Career Apparel full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good people to work with.

Cons

Lacking a vision for growth and diversification of products.

Managing people to expectations without providing the tools and resources necessary for growth and success sets a double standard. Vastly missing upon the opportunities to diversify product offerings.

Used to be top notch company to work for, not anymore... :(

Former Employee - Production Manager  in  Wichita, KS
    Former Employee - Production Manager in Wichita, KS

I worked at ARAMARK Uniform and Career Apparel full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

When started with company, they had good management in place and senior level experienced people that knew how to run industrial laundry applications. Over 8 years I worked for, I saw that change; especially after the most recent president took over.

Cons

Year by year, they eliminated core positions in the company by either downsizing or attrition; even when we were having our best or most profitable years in company business. Final straw to break camel's back was the elimination (combining Regional and Group Divisions) resulting in 200+ people of Mid to Upper level experienced Managers being forced out to be replaced by young, cheaper individuals that had no knowledge of equipment and facilities that were older then the individual was at times.

I don't know that it is fixable now. Much of the equipment at many of the laundry facilities was manufactured by companies long out of business or shipped over seas. When they eliminated the individuals that had the knowledge to keep things running, sure it sounded good on paper from financial standpoint; but practicality resulted in mass chaos when plants ran into equipment issues. Only way to fix would be huge investment in Capital Expenditures, which would never happen under this regime,

Horrific company, unless you work sales.

I worked at ARAMARK Uniform and Career Apparel full-time for more than a year

Pros

There are actually some really great people. They will eventually be driven off by an absolutely horrible culture and unrealistic demands on their time. If you love the industry and have no family, you may be able to make it work.

Cons

If you're working in the service department or the production floor, buckle up. You will be required to work an amazing amount of hours for no appreciation. Constant micromanagement makes your job impossible.

Consider enforcing your mission statement and core values.

Stability is good but getting commissions can be touh

Current Employee - Account Executive  in  Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Salt Lake City, UT

Pros

Large company that offers good incentives including:
    -$525/mo car bonus
    -Gas card
    -Company credit card for business related expenses
    -Company work phone
    -Company laptop
    -Write your own schedule

Cons

-Commission structure takes a while to start earning commissions
    -Very numbers oriented, must hit several different types of quotas each week
    -Arduous training

Worked for ARAMARK Uniform and Career Apparel? Contribute to the Community!