ARC Document Solutions

Be The First To
Add Photos

ARC Document Solutions CEO and Director Suri Suriyakumar

Suri Suriyakumar

Pros
  • Very little mandatory overtime--good work/life balance(in 5 reviews)

• Flexible work environment, very pleasant co-workers(in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Many times at 2 in night they will tell you to go and order to come at 8 in morning(in 4 reviews)

• Favoritism by upper management is obvious(in 4 reviews)

They hire good people, then frustrate them into quitting

Print Production (Former Employee) Seattle, WA

ProsUpper management had a knack for hiring people that worked well together and were very talented and dedicated. The staff itself was great, co-workers were great.

ConsZero upward mobility, you'll die in the position you're hired in.
    Sales staff can do no wrong, production staff can do no right.
    Favoritism by upper management is obvious
    Climate seemed to be degrading, morale was low and getting worse.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou hire good people, but you castrate their abilities and knowledge, encourage growth rather than squashing it.

Find elsewhere! LIES and corporate scams!

Sales Consultant (Current Employee) West Los Angeles, CA

ProsDepending on what branch you're placed in, the employees you work with could be a plus. Working around people who have been with the company for many years prior to ARC buying out print shops nationwide can be beneficial in that they're well versed in what they do for the most part especially in the area of production. Immediate bosses WERE hardworking and pretty great to work alongside but have now been turned away due to unfair decisions made at the corporate level.

ConsDue to poor decisions made by the CEO and his minions, regardless of what they tell you this company is doing poorly in terms of finances which results in unfair salary cuts nationwide of hardworking employees.

Advice to Senior Management40% who approve the CEO must be those working at the exec level. The board needs to make some drastic changes to the people at the top of the chain. I can only vouche for my experience alone, but I was brought up with the company solely on fallacies. They suck out any possible profit out of their reps and production team and then just drop them! TERRIBLE.

Bad time to work there, lack of direction and compensation is low!

N/A (Former Employee) Walnut Creek, CA

ProsSome nice people work there. Work/life balance.

ConsManagement does not communicate well, they are not prepared for the business change and cutting edge technologies to improve their business and sales revenue. Low pay and benefits are getting worse.

Advice to Senior ManagementRefresh your company ideas and ways of doing business, modernize your process and invest in hiring smart cutting edge people to help you get into the next wave of the AEC industry!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Find somewhere else to work.

Sales Consultant (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsThe do have a lot of services to sell. They did buy out a lot of small local companies that had good reputations with their customers, particularly in the AEC market.

ConsThe company is heavily leveraged and struggling financially. The have gone through several rounds of salary and employee cuts. moral is sinking below the floor. Their major market is California, which headed for bankruptcy and many of your customers could be fleeing to some other state. Senior management cashed out a long time ago. The quotas went up as the market for their services dropped.

Advice to Senior ManagementSell the company.

Violent Takeover

Customer Service (Current Employee) Seattle, WA

ProsLarger company, so ok benefits.
    Worldwide company, so you could feasibly transfer around the world.
    Immediate bosses WERE cool, but they've since been run off by narcissistic money grabbers who care nothing for the customer or the business.

ConsARC buys small companies, which is how they became a huge company, so the "ivory tower effect" is a very real thing. Meaning they're in CA and have little idea how their offices ACTUALLY run. Nor do they seem to care.

Advice to Senior ManagementARC: pay attention to your small companies and what happens in them after you purchase them. You aren't just purchasing a business; you're purchasing the skill, experience and customer relationships of the employees who work there. You're fools to let that walk out the door because of inequitable and divisive working conditions.

Very disappointing!!

DAT Supervisor (Current Employee) Fort Lauderdale, FL

ProsI love helping people and I believe in the ARC mission.

ConsPoor management lack of compassion towards Volunteers, to much politics and to many egos.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement needs to be revamp, and more recognition towards Volunteers.

necessary

Manager (Current Employee) Tustin, CA

Prosfairly stable now that all of the majority of layoffs have been done. starting to get more info from the top but still a struggle

Consnepotism seems like upper management took select group to either keep on staff or promote when there were obvious to me better choices and solutions

Advice to Senior Managementlook around more closely for qualfied people to advance

Promotes from within the organization, you can grow professionally.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsCompany is flexible with work schedule, nice work environment, people are great, many have been around for more than 15/20 years and grew with the company. Always new projects going on, if you are the type to put in the time/effort you can get somewhere in this company.

ConsCompany compensation/benefits and morale down due to tough economic times, many layoffs, cost cutting. Some internal systems need to be upgraded, some locations have it better than others.

Advice to Senior ManagementLots of cost cutting going around yet Sr. Execs still receive salary increase, it would be nice to spread some of that reward back down the ladder to bring up morale.

Personally, it is one of the best jobs that I have ever had.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsThere is a good work / life balance.
    It is a comfortable atmosphere where everyone gets along with each other and works well together.
    Management maintains an open door policy.

ConsSalary ranges are not competitive.

Good Family Values Company

Account Executive (Current Employee) Austin, TX

Prosgreat culture, management trusts me to do my job

Conscompensation and benefits not competitive

Advice to Senior ManagementIncrease salaries to keep talent around

Worked for ARC Document Solutions? Contribute to the Community!