ARC Document Solutions Reviews

Reset
3.3
ARC Document Solutions CEO and Director Suri Suriyakumar
Suri Suriyakumar

Pros
  • Upper management does not micromanage (in 5 reviews)

• Good people, good work environment (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Favoritism by upper management is obvious (in 5 reviews)

• Poor management, insufficient pay for work performed (in 2 reviews)

1. Imaging

Pros

Flexible schedule nice people small work environment

Cons

Benefits aren't the greatest no raises (since 6 years ago)

Salesrep

Current Employee - Sales Consultant
    Current Employee - Sales Consultant

I have been working at ARC Document Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Not too many these days....very disappointing since we were on the right track as a sales team over the last couple of years.

Cons

Unbelievable, we no longer have a head of sales and the Execs who are oPs people think micro-managing will be the magic formula to sales growth. Unfortunately the execs do not understand sales people and now there is a lot of fear.

Advice to Management

So much needs to be done. People in the trenches are doing the best they can with what we have to work with. Lots of confusion about the direction of the company now.

Not a great place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at ARC Document Solutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

- Lots of turnover so you get to always meet new people - They always find new and innovative ways to make my job unnecessarily more difficult - Coworkers are great

Cons

- Micromanaged - Engineers built our newest product in a bubble (probably India) and released it incomplete and 3 years too late compared to our competition. Then they wonder why the sales team can't sell it - No training

Advice to Management

In all my years, I don't think I have ever seen anything more dysfunctional. We are actually pretty good at what we do. Stop getting in our way. Stop changing the focus of the company every week. Fire the director of technology and hire someone that has actually released a single decent product in the last 5 years. Show your employees some respect or they will continue to leave.

5. ap coordinator

Current Employee - Accounts Payable Coordinator in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Accounts Payable Coordinator in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at ARC Document Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great group of people and great software.

Cons

Terrible accounting practices and lack of training of employees.

Advice to Management

When you see that one department has a large turnover rate usually it is time to look at the person who is running the department. They are the problem not the people leaving.

Do Not Work for the ARC Sales Team

Current Employee - Sales Manager
    Current Employee - Sales Manager

I have been working at ARC Document Solutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

If you like to be micro-managed as a sales professional or sales manager then that would be a pro. I wish there were a few pros, but unfortunatley there are not.

Cons

The sales team lost a true sales leader about a month ago, since then the COO is the sales leader and it is a mess. Twice daily "huddles" mean less time to sell. The sales team is now being managed like it's an ops team, sort of like it used to be

Advice to Management

The CEO talks about change, but he doesn't change. For the company to grow we need a more innovative and inspirational CEO.

ARC Costa Mesa is GREAT!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

Pros

We have a great team in Costa Mesa. Not perfect but I feel that management in this shop cares about the employees. In particular Lisa Mawson does a great job connecting with the employees. It isn't unusual to see her out on the production floor talking to employees. That is the way a manager should connect!

Cons

It would be nice to get recognition from the Corporate office. It doesn't seem like they appreciate all the hard work everyone does. We care about this company and want to see it do well.

Yuck

I have been working at ARC Document Solutions full-time

Pros

How do you write 20 words of Pros for a company that hasnt had any pros for years and years?

Cons

Lots of work. Less Pay. No raised for 7 years, but Executives are getting a 150% of salary bonus for all of their "hard work". They actively encourage long time employees to leave, as they want to move most of the work offshore by 2018.

Advice to Management

Remove your heads from the dark places, and pay attention to your employees.

Good Company

I have been working at ARC Document Solutions full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

As long as you perform they are here to back you. Do your job and it will work out. They will not bother you

Cons

Lack of incentives, lack of increases. See C level folks getting raises via the stock market but not regular employees. Have not had a raise in over 7 years

Advice to Management

Pay your people better and they will work even harder. Motivate your people. Tell them good job every now and then and it will go a long way with them. In a service industry we only get told when something goes wrong. When something goes right tell us.

Would be nice to see some of the wealth

Current Employee - Technical Specialist in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Technical Specialist in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at ARC Document Solutions full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good benefits. Flexible scheduling when needed.

Cons

Apparently after being told for seven years there is "no budget" for salary increases, ARC executives have rewarded themselves for massive layoffs and downscaling of operations (which has nearly doubled the workload for the remaining employees) with multi-million dollar salaries, and in June rewarded themselves again with bonuses of 150% of their salaries. Good to know SOMEONE is getting a reward for all that hard work

Advice to Management

Get your financials in order, and sell to a company that looks at their employees as an asset, not a liability. And yes, we have been told by management, that the employees are the biggest liability the company has.

Operations

Current Employee - Operations Manager
    Current Employee - Operations Manager

I have been working at ARC Document Solutions full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

ARC is a large company that has shifted it's focus with the changing needs of our industry. They offer a multitude of services and products which is why they have survived and thrived in many areas. With their vast array of products and services they have plenty to offer to a large customer base that is much bigger than the traditional AEC market.

Cons

Because of the lack of focus on Education and Training it is difficult for employees to move up within the organization. Employees and managers that do well in their respective areas sometimes get stuck because the company doesn't want to risk moving them up and ruining what success they are having locally.

Advice to Management

Focus on being great on a few things and listen to those that are performing for the company.

RSS Feed </> Embed