ARC Document Solutions

Updated January 16, 2015
2.8

ARC Document Solutions CEO and Director Suri Suriyakumar
Suri Suriyakumar

Pros
  • Very little mandatory overtime--good work/life balance (in 5 reviews)

• Flexible work environment, very pleasant co-workers (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Not many projects, laid-back atmosphere, contacts with the upper management works in huge favor (in 5 reviews)

• It seems like upper management has no idea what is going on in the field and does not know how to run a sales organization (in 2 reviews)

More Highlights

Worked as large-format color specialist

I worked at ARC Document Solutions

Pros

Fair compensation, room for growth

Cons

Management was a little checked out

Wow, has ARC Learned Anything! Same Sad Song.....

I worked at ARC Document Solutions full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

ARC's location is fantastic. Close to Metro, shopping and central to the Washington DC area. The salaries are competitive and you can develop skillsets that you may not have come to the company with......this is its most valuable asset.

Cons

You know the saying, you don't know what you have until its gone? Well who knew that it was the past CEO Mr. Collins who truly was the great pioneer and innovator which moved the company leaps and bounds into the future. The current CEO was very promising and exciting when he took the helm; however, he has turned a blind eye to the mischief and incompetence of his Leadership Team. Unfortunately, I was involuntarily separated from the company, but I do not write this review as someone who is disgruntled. I've moved on to doing something I really enjoy- so no malice in my review. I write this review to share my experience through my prism of an employee who contributed a lot and also learned a tremendous amount during my tenure at ARC. Unfortunately, the Leadership Team was allowed to create a very toxic envirnoment which destroyed the very essence of the Corporate Values that employees were encourage to live and work by. This is shameful, as the company spent a lot of money and time to incorporate them in its everyday. This makes me question the CEO/President's leadership abilities- he's a smart man, so why allow this behavior to exist? Only he can answer that question. It is a shame, as ARC, for what its worth, loses its ablility to truly attract new and talented potential employees.

Be real with yourself and read these reviews and ask yourself why such negativity. If you are true to yourself, you will see mischief and incompetence (lack of soft people skills, emotional intelligence, etc.) running rampant amongst your leadership team. Don't let these folks ruin your legacy- take action now!

Great company to work for.

Current Employee - Business Development Representative in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Business Development Representative in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at ARC Document Solutions full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Flexible schedule, decent base salary plus car allowance, spiffs and commissions, there are a lot of ways to make more money by selling certain products or services, small rep to manager ratio means more individual support and coaching

Cons

Not enough training on specific product lines and services, not a lot of vacation time, insurance is good but expensive

Management

I worked at ARC Document Solutions full-time

Pros

Good people to work with

Cons

Management lacking depth and/or knowledge

Get people that have verifiable education in senior roles.

Onsite services biller

Former Employee - Biller in Costa Mesa, CA
    Former Employee - Biller in Costa Mesa, CA

I worked at ARC Document Solutions full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Flexible with hours and they have a casual environment

Cons

Horrible management, Harassment, HR does nothing to help

Managers could use more training

Lack of raises.

I worked at ARC Document Solutions

Pros

Working environment is not bad, your fellow co-workers make it fun.

Cons

No raises, more work for less pay.

Share the wealth!

A public company that still acts like a sole proprietorship

I worked at ARC Document Solutions full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The company is trying to reinvent itself from a print company to a true document solutions provider for Architects, Engineers, and Construction companies.

Cons

There is not a formalized merit increase policy, so raises and performance reviews are non-existent. Career paths are dead ends. The company operates as if it is back in time. New technology is not utilized to improve processes. The CEO talks about change, but often references the good old days, so clearly he is not adopting his own message.

The current C suite needs to be changed. With the exception of the CFO, there is too much baggage in long term tenure and thought to truly take this company to where it can go. The CEO needs to understand he runs a public company not a family business, and run it as such.

Good pay, fine company, poor on training

Former Employee - Business Development Representative in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Business Development Representative in Tampa, FL

I worked at ARC Document Solutions full-time (more than a year)

Pros

good co-workers, flexibility, chance to develop client relationships

Cons

Poor training, ramping up to the job at the beginning and after that was difficult. The manager that hired me never told me all of the services I would have to sell and was just hired themselves so they did not know much more than me.

Reactive leadership, Mom & Pop turned executives

I worked at ARC Document Solutions full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Very high quality products and services from acquired entities. Very impressive outputs, given low incentives...

Cons

Decision making by fear and P&L numbers. Highly unethical HR practices. Company size based on M&A, versus business growth. Unrealistic goals and expectations.

Make more realistic goals, uninflected by obscured YOY numbers based on your best year and the new revenue from an acquisition. Earn the trust back of employees by not treating them as unessential to your success. Stop putting unqualified management in positions who lead by following directions, and make decisions based in ego and reactive actions from trying to manage their organization though metrics like the GUP.

A stepping stone - Not a career.

Current Employee - Office Assistant in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Office Assistant in Houston, TX

I have been working at ARC Document Solutions as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

Very laid back company. Definitely a company for a college student. You would have plenty of time to study. A place to get your feet wet in the workplace.

Cons

Management aren't skilled in their field. Not enough work to go around. The pay is not competitive.
    There's no room for growth.

Assess necessary needs before hiring additional manpower.