ARC Document Solutions

Be The First To
Add Photos

ARC Document Solutions CEO and Director Suri Suriyakumar

Suri Suriyakumar

Pros
  • Very little mandatory overtime--good work/life balance(in 5 reviews)

• Flexible work environment, very pleasant co-workers(in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Many times at 2 in night they will tell you to go and order to come at 8 in morning(in 4 reviews)

• Favoritism by upper management is obvious(in 4 reviews)

Great people, but none of which are motivated.

Business Development Manager (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsGreat support and genuine people who work here

Consextremly low moral in Sales Department

Lacks a Vision of Development for Employees

Production Manager (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsOpen door policy. Great great co-workers!

ConsPoor leadership. Absolutely no training. Company culture equals nepotism and favoritism.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire an experienced HR team trained to develop a plan to help the current employees advance into other roles. The company has been downsizing and closing branches for a number of years. Former employees are still unemployed. We need an HR department who can move the company forward to keep our skills current in the event that we are met with a layoff. Our employees need to remain competitive so that they can compete for jobs since we are continuing to close branches. We need to foster a culture of "caring" and "developing" our employees. Some employees have dedicated many years at ARC and deserve to develop their skills, therefore it is the HR department's job to make sure this happens. My advice to management is to take a good, close look at the Corporate HR leadership to see if it is doing it's job over the years to move the company in the right direction when it comes to developing our employees? OR should you be laying off, or making a complete overhall and change in the corporate human resources area?

Good stepping stone

Account Executive (Current Employee)

ProsCompensation is competitive for similar positions.

ConsCompany culture is not progressive, virtually no training, little opportunity for promotion.

Advice to Senior ManagementConcentrate more on company culture, perfect products before releasing them, review modern business practices and move away from "old-school' business.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

ARC sales

ProsGreat coworkers who really care

ConsARC is a high-pressure, public company

Great company to work for before downsizing started.

Production Manager (Former Employee) Irvine, CA

ProsThere are opportunities for advancement

ConsThe reprographics industry is slowly disappearing

Very Bad Management

Business Development Manager (Former Employee)

ProsPrior to the recession you were able to make decent base plus commission.

ConsHorrible management! The worst place I ever worked. No direction, did not value the Business development Managers, treated sales people like children.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a look at your employees backgrounds and treat them with respect. Know you audience, humble yourselves.

Stuck in a rut

Manager (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsFlexible with hours and good work/life balance. Upper management does not micromanage.

ConsNot very competitive with salaries. They haven't given a raise in years, but have pushed more and more work on the employees. The moral is horrible and upper management doesn't do anything to try and correct it. 4 years ago, they took 5% pay from each employee and hasn't done anything to give it back or even make it worth it.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus more on making your employees happy instead of having the midset that we are just 'lucky to have a job". The moral is low on the operational level and doesn't seem to be getting better. Eventually the customers will feel the moral since the employees are caring less about the job they do.

Weak management and poor pay--go elsewhere

MPS Production Center Specialist (Former Employee) Seattle, WA

ProsCEO and VP are highly responsive to low level workers' ideas.
    Very little mandatory overtime--good work/life balance.
    Coworkers were great (until they ran off/dismissed all of the high performing ones).
    Used to be a fun yet productive environment.

Cons-"Temporary" pay cut three years ago that they still haven't given back to us.
    -It takes the company a very long time to accomplish anything.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere's been a lot of talk about adapting to change and becoming more agile, so I think it's time you did just that. It's incredibly disheartening to work for a company that is all talk.

Horrible Place to Work - Not Competitive with Today's Saavy Work Environment

Management (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsFlexible work environment, very pleasant co-workers.

ConsPoor leadership and lots of nepotism. Even though it is a large employer, and the smaller companies have merged, ARC Document Solutions still operates with a "mom-and-pop" mentality. Lacks modern day, tech saavy leadership. If you work here too long you will loose your competitive edge when searching for work elsewhere.

Advice to Senior ManagementSell the company to someone more qualified to run a professional operation, and who will promote a coach-like environment.

Employees are extremely unhappy, company frequently performs lay offs, and compensation is low.

Sales Consultant (Former Employee) Santa Monica, CA

ProsSome of the pros include: CEO, COO, CTO, and CFO is proactive and engaged, ample locations, and some really great support staff and people in production.

ConsEmployee satisfaction is low
    Senior sales consultants (there are a handful of really great ones)
    Production jobs get cut on a regular basis and physical output of projects are therefor never done quite right for clients.
    Pay is low
    Promises are never kept

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your subordinates and consultants more respectfully, we are working as hard as we can to gain productivity.

Worked for ARC Document Solutions? Contribute to the Community!