ARC Document Solutions

Updated February 25, 2015
2.6

ARC Document Solutions CEO and Director Suri Suriyakumar
Suri Suriyakumar

Pros
  • Very little mandatory overtime--good work/life balance (in 5 reviews)

• Flexible work environment, very pleasant co-workers (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Not many projects, laid-back atmosphere, contacts with the upper management works in huge favor (in 5 reviews)

• It seems like upper management has no idea what is going on in the field and does not know how to run a sales organization (in 2 reviews)

More Highlights

Place Sucks

Former Employee - Account Executive in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Chicago, IL

I worked at ARC Document Solutions full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I can't name one. I felt like I worked in a silo. Operations, Sales and IT do not talk to oneanother. Most everyone is stressed and annoyed.

Cons

I was an AE. I had 3 Managers and all 3 had different objectives. The experience was horrifying. Very sad situation. I have no doubt that this company is destined for bankruptcy. No doubt in my mind.

Find another organization to join

No Visionary Leaders - Process Over People Mentality Poor Morale.

I worked at ARC Document Solutions

Pros

Market niche in A/E industry that can be built upon.

Cons

Trying to become a professional service company in technology with management expertise limited to regional printing and reprographics. No employee reviews, no pay increases; lucky to have a job mentality.

Directors should recruit new leadership to replace current management; new executives who can transform company and inspire employees. Empower employees, provide performance reviews and pay raises based on performance. Completely revamp HR; currently of no value to organization.

A public company that still acts like a sole proprietorship

I worked at ARC Document Solutions full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The company is trying to reinvent itself from a print company to a true document solutions provider for Architects, Engineers, and Construction companies.

Cons

There is not a formalized merit increase policy, so raises and performance reviews are non-existent. Career paths are dead ends. The company operates as if it is back in time. New technology is not utilized to improve processes. The CEO talks about change, but often references the good old days, so clearly he is not adopting his own message.

The current C suite needs to be changed. With the exception of the CFO, there is too much baggage in long term tenure and thought to truly take this company to where it can go. The CEO needs to understand he runs a public company not a family business, and run it as such.

Employment and salary

Current Employee - Human Resources in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Human Resources in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at ARC Document Solutions full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Local office celebrates holidays with cookout or parties.

Cons

Poor management, insufficient pay for work performed. Office management ìs inexperienced resulting in pushing work off on employees to make themselves look good. No pay increases for years for staff, not so for management. Too much favoritism, clicks.

Hire and maintain staff with experience and pay fairly with at least cost of living increase in pay. Eliminate favoritism and clicks.

In one sentence my experience with ARC is disenchanting.

Current Employee - Technology in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Technology in New York, NY

I have been working at ARC Document Solutions full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

The best reasons to work at ARC is if you're a male and can "get along to go along," you'll go very far. If you can sell yourself as the ultra professional and go getter, you're the right man for ARC.

Cons

If you're a female professional with years of experience and a real go getter, don't even think about employment at ARC. You'll go no where but obscurity. The office culture is usually professional, time off depends on wether you've earned enough points. And the benefits are you get to watch you benefits get cut each year.

My advice to upper management is look at successful businesses with high moral among employees and pick one or two as a model. Corporate seems a little out of touch with what's happening throughout the regions.

Lacks a Vision of Development for Employees

Current Employee - Production Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Production Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at ARC Document Solutions full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Open door policy. Great great co-workers!

Cons

Poor leadership. Absolutely no training. Company culture equals nepotism and favoritism.

Hire an experienced HR team trained to develop a plan to help the current employees advance into other roles. The company has been downsizing and closing branches for a number of years. Former employees are still unemployed. We need an HR department who can move the company forward to keep our skills current in the event that we are met with a layoff. Our employees need to remain competitive so that they can compete for jobs since we are continuing to close branches. We need to foster a culture of "caring" and "developing" our employees. Some employees have dedicated many years at ARC and deserve to develop their skills, therefore it is the HR department's job to make sure this happens. My advice to management is to take a good, close look at the Corporate HR leadership to see if it is doing it's job over the years to move the company in the right direction when it comes to developing our employees? OR should you be laying off, or making a complete overhall and change in the corporate human resources area?

Very bad company for employees

Former Employee - Software Lead in Calcutta (India)
    Former Employee - Software Lead in Calcutta (India)

I worked at ARC Document Solutions full-time (less than a year)

Pros

- Less employees, so everyone knows everyone
    - Keeps people busy with some work or the other

Cons

- No good work (all old and obsolete product)
    - No good policy (environment is bad)
    - Poor software dev culture (they keep office environment like some old shop)
    - Bad treatment to employees (management treats employees like servants and scolds all the time)
    - No direction of products (suddenly they decide to do something and hire some people then suddenly deciding something else and terminating employees)
    - Quickly and silently firing (they are firing people quickly by giving little compensation.false reasons is given)
    - Work policies are very exploiting (anyone gets frustrated very fast)

By the current 'go nowhere' thinking, company is not going to succeed. Should respect the employee and make company policies better

Very Bad Management

Former Employee - Business Development Manager
    Former Employee - Business Development Manager

I worked at ARC Document Solutions full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Prior to the recession you were able to make decent base plus commission.

Cons

Horrible management! The worst place I ever worked. No direction, did not value the Business development Managers, treated sales people like children.

Take a look at your employees backgrounds and treat them with respect. Know you audience, humble yourselves.

Not a good company to work for

Current Employee - Software Developer in Calcutta (India)
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Calcutta (India)

I have been working at ARC Document Solutions full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Not much in terms of pros, except the fact that being a super small technology company you get to know most of the people and salaries are decent (not very good, just normal). There are always abundant requirements as most people leave (or decide to leave in the first few months they join). Technology growth is decent.

Cons

The company believes in wringing the last drop of blood from the employees. Working here means you cannot have a family or any other responsibilities. Work or no work you have to come to office on Saturdays, national holidays, Sundays and other holidays. And there is no copm-off or pay for these extra days ... Just work for free. On week days even working 10-14 hours a day is not enough.

The office space is too crampy, they make 6 people sit in place of 2, there is no place to move your leg. Other terms, no medical insurance for family, no life insurance, no parking in the building, toilets dont work many times, no bonus, the roof drips when it rains heavily.

There are no appraisal cycles, they only listen to you after shouting/crying out for many months. No employee portal even. All applications have to be written on paper and then run behind someone for many days

Management has to make it a better place to work in terms of work-life balance, a decent office place and some very basic corporate policies like family insurance, parking and proper perks and bonus.

Weak management and poor pay--go elsewhere

Former Employee - MPS Production Center Specialist in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - MPS Production Center Specialist in Seattle, WA

I worked at ARC Document Solutions full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

CEO and VP are highly responsive to low level workers' ideas.
    Very little mandatory overtime--good work/life balance.
    Coworkers were great (until they ran off/dismissed all of the high performing ones).
    Used to be a fun yet productive environment.

Cons

-"Temporary" pay cut three years ago that they still haven't given back to us.
    -It takes the company a very long time to accomplish anything.

There's been a lot of talk about adapting to change and becoming more agile, so I think it's time you did just that. It's incredibly disheartening to work for a company that is all talk.