ARI (New Jersey)

Updated Jun 29, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Carl A. Ortell

Good first experience, very friendly atmosphere

Supply Chain (Current Employee)
    Mount Laurel, NJ

ProsGreat people who are willing to help interns, family atmosphere that focuses on people, special events and projects especially for interns, opportunities internationally, generous pay, huge intern program.

ConsSmaller company and limited growth, male-dominated industry (automotive), often stagnant individual growth, suburban location.

Worst company I've ever worked for!

Senior Accountant - Internal Control Department (Current Employee)
    Mount Laurel, NJ

ProsEnd of year bonuses, PIE awards, departments other than accounting seem to have a good work life balance.

ConsSupervisors and Managers only promote people who are friends or prior Holman employees, no matter how good your work is or how many mistakes those Holman employees make you will never get ahead. The amount of favoritism is unbelievable. It doesn't matter how hard you work you will never get a promotion or appropriate raise if you don't kiss up to the right people. Supervisor micromanage everyone and expect ridiculous amounts of overtime with no appreciation for the hard work.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop only promoting based on friendships, promote on good work and professionalism. Show more appreciation of your good employees and all of the work they do.

Difficult to accomplish things in the environment - lots of threatened people

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsSome very nice employees and onsite amenities. Small company feel.

ConsPoor leadership; out of touch, with very poor communication. Frenetic direction, leading to confused managers and employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe willing to listen to those who give constructive input and feedback, and champion change.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Salary is not consistent with other employees doing same job.

ProsEmployee engagement perks throughout year.

ConsCan be very hard to get promoted. Hire outside more.

The Truth about ARI

ProsOne review states “Management only promotes friends and former acquaintances. Working hard and exceeding expectations don't matter. This was a great company that took care of its employees. With recent change in upper management, things have slowly deteriorated. Benefits were great but have slowly been shrinking. Management is hostile and only cares about personal motives and profitability”. I say WRONG! This company provides excellent benefits including tuition reimbursement. If I add up the value of the various benefits I receive each year, it is well over $15K. Another reviewer said “The raises are poop. Literally, dog poop and a disappointment to the staff who work their tails off throughout the course of the year. A lot of people feel stuck here and it's sad.” This is absolutely untrue. Even during the last recession most employees were averaging better than a 4% merit increase every year. Someone made the statement “Anyone over 30 can't make supervisor. Older guys don't stsnd a chance. Management only wants people that look just like rhem.” First off, I was over 40 when initially hired and have been promoted twice in the last 5 years (been here 8). Secondly, maybe not being promoted stems from not being proficient enough to proof read one’s own writing. The truth is, ARI is a fantastic company to work for and many employees will tell you that same thing. ARI offers excellent benefits including staggered shifts, work from home programs, employee discounts on numerous items including cars, tuition reimbursement, various healthcare plans at extremely reasonable pricing, company-wide job posting and transfer opportunity and a host of other benefits.

ConsHQ location. The traffic is tough around headquarters, but not a lot the company can do about that, although they were instrumental in getting a left turn lane added at the highway.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work!

Self-Serving Management

(Current Employee)

ProsThe technicians who work here are a great bunch of guys. We get along really well and we learn from each other when we are allowed to talk. The building is easy to get to.

ConsManagement only care about themselves. They are always trying to convince us how great it is here. They wouldn't have to work so hard at it if it really was a good place. Look at the review about the "truth" at ARI. Obvious, this was written by upper management. Who else would even have a guess at what the average pay raise is. I thought Glassdoor was for working Joes, not upper management propaganda. Pathetic.

The benefits used to be affordable but it is going WAY UP . The owners have $ millions and can afford to treat us better. This place is starting to remind me of Wal Mart. We need a union.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet real.

Avoid this company!!!

Mount Laurel, NJ

ProsVery profitable company to date.

ConsManagement only promotes friends and former acquaintances. Working hard and exceeding expectations don't matter. This was a great company that took care of its employees. With recent change in upper management, things have slowly deteriorated. Benefits were great but have slowly been shrinking. Management is hostile and only cares about personal motives and profitability.

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote workers that deserve it! Stop handing new management positions to friends and instead concentrate on hiring talented individuals that will treat workers fairly and promote from within.

It's all about who the bosses like. Company politics at its finest

Mount Laurel, NJ

ProsYou're able to network with a bunch of people because it's a large company.

ConsMost of the managers (if not all) are male. You will rarely see a woman in a higher up position in this company. It's all about who you know and which managers like you that will pretty much dictate if you'll be promoted to a different position in another dept within the company. The raises are poop. Literally, dog poop and a disappointment to the staff who work their tails off throughout the course of the year. A lot of people feel stuck here and it's sad.

Advice to Senior ManagementShow your diversity and place women and minorities in more of the upper management positions.

Call Center is a Sweat Shop

Call Center Service Advisor (Current Employee)
    Mount Laurel, NJ

ProsOther departments seem ok. I'd like to transfer and try a different part of the company. People there seem a lot better taken care of. HQ has a nice gym, but it is not for everyone.

ConsThe Call Center is very unfriendly. We are like robots. We can't move without asking permission. People get written up for everything. I mean, if you are one minute late, you get written up.Management has no sympathy. There are two classes of workers in this company. the call center and everyone else. The pay in the call center is very low. I made a lot more at other jobs, but with the recession, this is all I could get.

Advice to Senior ManagementTeach managers how to treat people like human beings. We keep changing managers. No one is there long enough to really care.

Older Guys Can't Get Ahead

Technician (Current Employee)
    Mount Laurel, NJ

ProsDecent pay, good benefits, good Christmas bonus, nice office.

ConsAnyone over 30 can't make supervisor. Older guys don't stsnd a chance. Management only wants people that look just like rhem.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive someone different a try.

Worked for ARI (New Jersey)? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at ARI (New Jersey) reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for ARI (New Jersey) CEO Carl A. Ortell. All 12 reviews posted anonymously by ARI (New Jersey) employees.