ARINC

ARINC Reviews

Updated Jul 10, 2014

ARINC Chairman and CEO John M. Belcher

John M. Belcher

Pros:
  • "Encourages Work/Life Balance with Alternate Work Schedule (if manager approves)"
    in 7 reviews
  • "For the most part people are friendly"
    in 3 reviews
Cons:
  • "Senior management at this company - if you want to call them that, is a complete clown show"
    in 4 reviews
  • "If you're in the wrong career area, career advancement can be stagnant and discouraging"
    in 3 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Excellent Opportunities

Oklahoma City, OK

ProsGood benefits, fair compensation, flexible work schedule, good 401k match, generous vacation accrual policy, above average opportunities for advancement

ConsJob Insecurity, inequitable benefits for employees, low salary increases

A good experience so far barring management incompetence and too much process oriented culture.

Software Engineer (Current Employee)
    Annapolis, MD

Pros1. Teams are generally very supportive. For any technical or aviation related questions there are a lot of people who are happy to help and answer any question.
    2. As a software developer one learns a lot about aviation and how to solve aviation problems. A lot of thought goes behind any product and software developers are an integral part of that. In essence, a software developer's work is greatly appreciated.
    3. Developers are allowed to spend 20% of their time every week on interesting projects which they feel can be important to the company.

Cons1. Management doesn't bother to solve the problems faced by the teams many times. Sometimes the problems are not addressed in time and hence leads to low morale and exodus of talented engineers.
    2. The environment in some of the company's divisions is structured around military values and hence there is less flexibility and transparency. Suggestions by some of the young employees aren't always implemented or considered. Major areas include no jeans policy(strict dress code), no gym facilities/game rooms(for recreation) etc.
    3. There's too much process oriented culture which makes it harder and longer to implement good projects. Because of this it leads to frustration in the team and competitive advantage is lost.

Advice to Senior ManagementIntroduce some measures which leads to better work culture such as gym facilities, flexible time and dress code policy. Listen to the problems of the employees which will help in talent retention.

Was ok

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsBenefits, Flexible hours with alternative work schedule. Cafeteria. Good location.

ConsNepotism
    Managers have favorites they share information with.
    HR is not truthful

Advice to Senior ManagementBe fair to and honest to all employees.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

nice co-workers, horrid bosses and management

Carrollton, TX

ProsI worked with some very nice people, and made a couple of friends that will be friends for life.

Consthe management lies, HR lies, some of the people are just horrid, and oh, by the way, the good old boy network is the ONLY way to move up in the company. If you aren't part of their little clique, forget it. If you are, who cares if you are qualified for the job! Pass over the qualified people, and give the job to the pet. I have never seen such a thing in a large company. In a small family company, sure, you can get away with that, but in a large corporation, there are supposed to be rules against that.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of the incompetent managers. Pay attention when problems are brought to your attention - don't fire the people that tell you about it and hope the problem goes away.

Great staff, poor leadership from vps & CEO

Department Director (Former Employee)
    Annapolis, MD

ProsGood place to get exposure to latest technology. Has okay benefits. A good stepping stone to a better opportunity.

ConsConstant infighting among higher level executives. Not truthful about future of company to employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementYoun would not listen if I gave it.

Sr. Staff Engineer

Senior Staff Engineer (Current Employee)

ProsThe majority of people I have worked with are extremely bright and very personable. The benefits are actually pretty good here compared to other places I have worked. Management is pretty flexible with taking time off.

ConsThe company was purchased by a company who has sold off a portion of the company and is planning to sell the remaining portion very soon. They have squeezed the company dry and have not invested anything. There is an air of uncertainty about the future at the time I am writing this review.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement needs to better communicate with its employees. I should not have to find out about the important changes via word of mouth from other employees. Even my direct supervisor is kept in the dark about many things.

Overall, I enjoy my work at ARINC.

Project Controller (Current Employee)
    Oklahoma City, OK

ProsLearning environment, competitive jobs, room for advancement

ConsNot many corporate benefits but nothing major

Advice to Senior ManagementTake some time to visit with employees of all levels to see how the cultar affects everyone.

Maybe RC will make it better - but it does not look like it will happen anytime soon

Senior Manager (Current Employee)
    Annapolis, MD

ProsNice location and still some very good people remain
    Some areas have exciting projects
    Alternate work schedule (AWS) to get every other Friday off
    decent pay for the area

ConsToo many to list......
    cash sucked out by by Carlyle
    morale very low
    too many employees making more than their market value (as new employee you will be frustrated by this)
    everyone in a wait and see approach for what Rockwell Collins will do, so no one working
    AWS abused to the point no work happens on Fridays
    service/products, having had no capital investment the past 6yrs, are suffering.

Advice to Senior Managementget out - take your 'parachutes' and go
    give back to the world and stop gaining at the expense of others.

Great place to work with

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsIt is a nice place to work. There are different departments in the firm which serve clients from different industries and you have more options available (if there is an opening)

ConsSome wonderful directors and managers have moved on or are almost retirement age.

Sell Out

Senior Director (Former Employee)
    Annapolis, MD

ProsIt's a job, and in this day and age, that's important

ConsToxic environment where the good old boys are just waiting for the company sale and their chance to cash out. Senior management at this company - if you want to call them that, is a complete clown show. This is the most poorly managed large company I have ever been associated with. Everything has been reduced to money today, and the future and the employees have been mortgaged for the gain of the few at the top. Meanwhile, projects and departments are going to hell and they are trying to hold things together until they can sell the company and unload the shambles of this turd on the next guy. At that point the clean-up and rehabilitation will hopefully begin. Just about anyone worth their salt has left or is trying to leave. My advice would be to stay away until the situation is clearer once the new owner is announced. Then things can get better or worse.

Advice to Senior ManagementMove on, you owe your employees better. Let someone come in that actually cares about the people and the future of the business.

Worked for ARINC? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at ARINC reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for ARINC CEO John M. Belcher. All 62 reviews posted anonymously by ARINC employees.