ARINC

ARINC Reviews

Updated Jun 25, 2014

ARINC Chairman and CEO John M. Belcher

John M. Belcher

Pros:
  • "Encourages Work/Life Balance with Alternate Work Schedule (if manager approves)"
    in 7 reviews
  • "For the most part people are friendly"
    in 3 reviews
Cons:
  • "Senior management at this company - if you want to call them that, is a complete clown show"
    in 4 reviews
  • "If you're in the wrong career area, career advancement can be stagnant and discouraging"
    in 3 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Great work environment, people are friendly.

Annapolis, MD

ProsThe company was recently purchased by Rockwell Collins. The senior management has made some welcome changes to benefits and the bonus program.

ConsCommunication between departments could be better. The buildings are in need of remodeling. Overall not too much to complain about.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up.

During my time at ARINC, I gained invaluable knowledge and experience from some AMAZING people.

El Segundo, CA

ProsEveryone is very knowledgable in their field and willing to help you succeed. ARINC encouraged advancement to other departments for new and continued growth opportunities. Work-life balance was wonderful! If I had any issues to tend to at home, my mangers understood and worked with me. The pay was pretty good for all employment levels too.

ConsThere really aren't any cons from my side. I have had a couple bad experiences with other companies that make me appreciate ARINC as a whole even more.

Good company

ProsGrowth, benefits, time off, every other Friday off

ConsPolitics, training, promotion, personal growth

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Enjoyable place to work....but....

Radio Operator (Former Employee)
    Livermore, CA

ProsThe work is can be challenging and fun, especially when it is busy. Above average benefits, medical plan is good, plenty of time off.

ConsMany of the managers worked on the floor prior to becoming managers. Most of them were mediocre employees while on the floor, and are poor managers. This job requires membership in a union. Unfortunately a person's seniority carries more weight than their job performance. Management chooses to ignore issues when it is convenient. Preserving their jobs (mgmt.) , is more important than raising morale and holding people accountable for their work and behavior. 24/7 operation, never closes. Scheduling is based on seniority (again that 9-letter word)!!.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire managers from outside or other areas of the company. Cater to those employees who choose to act professionally and responsibly. Raise the standards!!!! Do not "rubber-stamp" the yearly evaluations. Replace employees who don't want to be here or simply cannot do the job, they are a "cancer"; they lower morale and frustrate those who choose to conduct themselves in a professional manner. Management needs to spend more time in the building. Some of the managers are out of the building by 4pm, Fridays, weekends and holiday. Management needs to be more visible and accountable.

Stressful

ProsLocation. Flexible work schedule. Most of the people are friendly

ConsThe Engineering group does what ever they feel like. They ignore BusOps processes and procedures.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet the Engineering Group out of the Procurement business.

Once a great company before the sale to Carlyle Group

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsBest company I ever worked for before the sale. Having every others Friday off was a great perk. Outstanding benefits.

ConsAfter the sale to Carlyle they squeezed out so much money, they squeezed the life out of the business. Raises we're small, benefits slashed, and moral low. Communication was also not their strong suit.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart to value your employees as capable professionals again, and not data on a spreadsheet.

Middle of the road defense contractor in San Diego.

Engineer (Former Employee)
    San Diego, CA

ProsVery nice and friendly people. Getting every other Friday off is a great perk. Decent salary and benefits. A specialist in defense communications and computer networks.

ConsWork was very dull and uninteresting. There was way too much documentation involved in the projects. Projects lacked some sense of direction. There is also a lack of job security and stability. Being bought by Carlye Group is a big mistake for this company.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep engineers better informed on the status of projects and contracts.

If you can bear the toxic environment, the experience gained from ARINC is decent on a résumé.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFast-paced projects with ever-changing technologies along with difficult personalities allowed me to understand my ability to persevere through almost anything. Customers made the job rewarding when they were satisfied with the progression or results of a project. The fact that you have to pick up so many responsibilities along the way really pad your résumé for a more fulfilling career elsewhere.

ConsSatellite locations do not operate within the same guidelines as the corporate headquarters, meaning HR presence or policies are virtually non-existent. This results in employees not able to report to HR without fear of a hostile work environment, thus being abused without any repercussions.

There is a lot of sexual harassment and sexist views that make an uncomfortable environment for women. General bullying is rampant and felt as if it were rewarded since it often came from a huge amount of program managers and general upper management.

Long hours are expected and seldom rewarded or acknowledged. Satellite locations have had lay-offs as recent as mid-2013 and the general environment seems to be shaky.

Advice to Senior ManagementRequire HR presence in all satellite locations and general ethics/management classes for managers (or a formal orientation) run by HR staff. Follow up with HR policies regularly.

Be more transparent about the culture and expectation of extended hours (along with the difficult personalities).

An ARINC Career Experience

Senior Staff Analyst (Former Employee)

ProsGreat People, great benefits and great atmosphere with a competitive salary. Able to interface with a variety of customers that appreciated our work and were not afraid to express it to us and ARINC

ConsNot having the ability to interface with the customer as a cognizant team in all situations.

Advice to Senior ManagementPrepare positions for transitioning employees when contracts are depleated

I loved working for ARINC

Program Manager (Former Employee)
    Annapolis, MD

ProsThe mission was important, the work significant, and opportunities to try different departments was encouraged.

ConsThe sense of community that existed dissipated with the many lay-offs.

Worked for ARINC? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at ARINC reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for ARINC CEO John M. Belcher. All 61 reviews posted anonymously by ARINC employees.