ARINC Reviews

Updated March 7, 2015
72 reviews filtered by

1. A good experience so far barring management incompetence and too much process oriented culture.

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Annapolis, MD
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Annapolis, MD

I have been working at ARINC full-time (more than a year)

Pros

1. Teams are generally very supportive. For any technical or aviation related questions there are a lot of people who are happy to help and answer any question.
    2. As a software developer one learns a lot about aviation and how to solve aviation problems. A lot of thought goes behind any product and software developers are an integral part of that. In essence, a software developer's work is greatly appreciated.
    3. Developers are allowed to spend 20% of their time every week on interesting projects which they feel can be important to the company.

Cons

1. Management doesn't bother to solve the problems faced by the teams many times. Sometimes the problems are not addressed in time and hence leads to low morale and exodus of talented engineers.
    2. The environment in some of the company's divisions is structured around military values and hence there is less flexibility and transparency. Suggestions by some of the young employees aren't always implemented or considered. Major areas include no jeans policy(strict dress code), no gym facilities/game rooms(for recreation) etc.
    3. There's too much process oriented culture which makes it harder and longer to implement good projects. Because of this it leads to frustration in the team and competitive advantage is lost.

Introduce some measures which leads to better work culture such as gym facilities, flexible time and dress code policy. Listen to the problems of the employees which will help in talent retention.

2. Was ok

I worked at ARINC

Pros

Benefits, Flexible hours with alternative work schedule. Cafeteria. Good location.

Cons

Nepotism
    Managers have favorites they share information with.
    HR is not truthful

Be fair to and honest to all employees.

3. nice co-workers, horrid bosses and management

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carrollton, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carrollton, TX

I worked at ARINC full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I worked with some very nice people, and made a couple of friends that will be friends for life.

Cons

the management lies, HR lies, some of the people are just horrid, and oh, by the way, the good old boy network is the ONLY way to move up in the company. If you aren't part of their little clique, forget it. If you are, who cares if you are qualified for the job! Pass over the qualified people, and give the job to the pet. I have never seen such a thing in a large company. In a small family company, sure, you can get away with that, but in a large corporation, there are supposed to be rules against that.

Get rid of the incompetent managers. Pay attention when problems are brought to your attention - don't fire the people that tell you about it and hope the problem goes away.

5. Great staff, poor leadership from vps & CEO

Former Employee - Department Director in Annapolis, MD
    Former Employee - Department Director in Annapolis, MD

I worked at ARINC full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Good place to get exposure to latest technology. Has okay benefits. A good stepping stone to a better opportunity.

Cons

Constant infighting among higher level executives. Not truthful about future of company to employees.

Youn would not listen if I gave it.

6. Sr. Staff Engineer

Current Employee - Senior Staff Engineer
    Current Employee - Senior Staff Engineer

I have been working at ARINC full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The majority of people I have worked with are extremely bright and very personable. The benefits are actually pretty good here compared to other places I have worked. Management is pretty flexible with taking time off.

Cons

The company was purchased by a company who has sold off a portion of the company and is planning to sell the remaining portion very soon. They have squeezed the company dry and have not invested anything. There is an air of uncertainty about the future at the time I am writing this review.

Management needs to better communicate with its employees. I should not have to find out about the important changes via word of mouth from other employees. Even my direct supervisor is kept in the dark about many things.

7. Maybe RC will make it better - but it does not look like it will happen anytime soon

Current Contractor - Senior Manager in Annapolis, MD
    Current Contractor - Senior Manager in Annapolis, MD

I have been working at ARINC as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

Nice location and still some very good people remain
    Some areas have exciting projects
    Alternate work schedule (AWS) to get every other Friday off
    decent pay for the area

Cons

Too many to list......
    cash sucked out by by Carlyle
    morale very low
    too many employees making more than their market value (as new employee you will be frustrated by this)
    everyone in a wait and see approach for what Rockwell Collins will do, so no one working
    AWS abused to the point no work happens on Fridays
    service/products, having had no capital investment the past 6yrs, are suffering.

get out - take your 'parachutes' and go
    give back to the world and stop gaining at the expense of others.

8. Overall, I enjoy my work at ARINC.

Current Employee - Project Controller in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Project Controller in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at ARINC full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Learning environment, competitive jobs, room for advancement

Cons

Not many corporate benefits but nothing major

Take some time to visit with employees of all levels to see how the cultar affects everyone.

9. Great place to work with

I worked at ARINC

Pros

It is a nice place to work. There are different departments in the firm which serve clients from different industries and you have more options available (if there is an opening)

Cons

Some wonderful directors and managers have moved on or are almost retirement age.

10. Sell Out

Former Employee - Senior Director in Annapolis, MD
    Former Employee - Senior Director in Annapolis, MD

I worked at ARINC full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

It's a job, and in this day and age, that's important

Cons

Toxic environment where the good old boys are just waiting for the company sale and their chance to cash out. Senior management at this company - if you want to call them that, is a complete clown show. This is the most poorly managed large company I have ever been associated with. Everything has been reduced to money today, and the future and the employees have been mortgaged for the gain of the few at the top. Meanwhile, projects and departments are going to hell and they are trying to hold things together until they can sell the company and unload the shambles of this turd on the next guy. At that point the clean-up and rehabilitation will hopefully begin. Just about anyone worth their salt has left or is trying to leave. My advice would be to stay away until the situation is clearer once the new owner is announced. Then things can get better or worse.

Move on, you owe your employees better. Let someone come in that actually cares about the people and the future of the business.

11. Great Place To Work!

I have been working at ARINC

Pros

Great atmosphere, coworkers, hours, and benefits!

Cons

Nothing to complain about now.

Keep up the good work