ARINC Reviews

Updated August 16, 2014

3.1

ARINC Chairman and CEO John M. Belcher
John M. Belcher

Pros
  • Encourages Work/Life Balance with Alternate Work Schedule (if manager approves) (in 7 reviews)

• For the most part people are friendly (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Senior management at this company - if you want to call them that, is a complete clown show (in 4 reviews)

• If you're in the wrong career area, career advancement can be stagnant and discouraging (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Overall, I enjoy my work at ARINC.

Current Employee - Project Controller  in  Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Project Controller in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at ARINC full-time for less than a year

Pros

Learning environment, competitive jobs, room for advancement

Cons

Not many corporate benefits but nothing major

Take some time to visit with employees of all levels to see how the cultar affects everyone.

Sell Out

Former Employee - Senior Director  in  Annapolis, MD
    Former Employee - Senior Director in Annapolis, MD

I worked at ARINC full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

It's a job, and in this day and age, that's important

Cons

Toxic environment where the good old boys are just waiting for the company sale and their chance to cash out. Senior management at this company - if you want to call them that, is a complete clown show. This is the most poorly managed large company I have ever been associated with. Everything has been reduced to money today, and the future and the employees have been mortgaged for the gain of the few at the top. Meanwhile, projects and departments are going to hell and they are trying to hold things together until they can sell the company and unload the shambles of this turd on the next guy. At that point the clean-up and rehabilitation will hopefully begin. Just about anyone worth their salt has left or is trying to leave. My advice would be to stay away until the situation is clearer once the new owner is announced. Then things can get better or worse.

Move on, you owe your employees better. Let someone come in that actually cares about the people and the future of the business.

Great place to work with

I worked at ARINC

Pros

It is a nice place to work. There are different departments in the firm which serve clients from different industries and you have more options available (if there is an opening)

Cons

Some wonderful directors and managers have moved on or are almost retirement age.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Place To Work!

I have been working at ARINC

Pros

Great atmosphere, coworkers, hours, and benefits!

Cons

Nothing to complain about now.

Keep up the good work

Executive management disgraceful

Former Employee - Senior Director
    Former Employee - Senior Director

I worked at ARINC full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

- 70+ year history of corporate pride and accomplishment (except for last several)
    - Career diversity and some great employees still remaining

Cons

- Executive management unethical and motivated only by self interest.
    - Catastrophic loss of 10+ year employees last several years and steep decline in business and moral
    - Nepotism throughout upper management
    - Many of the strongest leaders and leadership candidates no longer with company
    - Future unknown as company needs to rebuild from the top down

Retire!

It's time for some management changes

Former Employee - Principal Engineer  in  Annapolis, MD
    Former Employee - Principal Engineer in Annapolis, MD

I worked at ARINC full-time for more than a year

Pros

1) Commuting can be very pleasant if you live on this side of MD. Some departments are better to work in. At least so I'm told.

2) Flexible hours. Alternative Work Schedule (AWS)

Cons

ARINC is currently waiting for a buyer, and it seems like the only employees that are hanging around are the ones that were just hired and/or the ones that still draw a pension. Here is what I observed in my time there:

1) Nepotism - : favoritism (as in appointment to a job) based on kinship
    This is ramped at ARINC. You will most likely not have a good career advancement due to this practice. Many employees (family members) are getting positions they are not qualified for. It has completely undermined the moral.

2) Signs of Corporate Pathology? - I've found that many (expensive) decisions are made based on private personal agendas no matter if it's good for the company or not. In my department as an example, the clients weren't even consulted on buy in for major changes to make sure they were ok with the ongoing cost.

3) Work Place Diversity - I also noticed there are VERY FEW minorities in leadership roles. I have not seen this to this extent in other work environments. I just thought it might be worth mentioning.

4) No Management Meetings - The employees NEVER get updates with management on what's going on. No management meetings with the employees, performance goals and bonus have diminished to non-existent for those that are on the front line and are reserved for the middle to upper managers.

5) Uneven Workload - I frequently ran into situations where there is one employee that is doing the majority of the work in their departments. When that employee is out, there are severe gaps in the productivity due to the single threaded nature of the organization.

6) Frequent re-organizations - It seems to be about 1 to 2 re-orgs per year. The entire department anxiously awaits to see who your new boss will be for that part of the year to see how your ongoing projects are affected.

Properly train the staff OR hire competent managers to lead the organization's department. I'd most likely favor the latter. Stop the nepotism. It's really tearing the company apart. It's no secret that investing in good people will take the company further in the long run. ARINC seems to not understand that, or just plain doesn't care anymore! Many of the CONS has grown from inexperienced management.

Good company.

I have been working at ARINC full-time

Pros

Room for growth if you are willing to work for it. Many very good, caring, and kind people work here.

Cons

Large variance between senior leaders in different areas. Like any place else, some senior leaders cannot make decisions and are very poor leaders but some are excellent.

Great workers, executive leadership poor.

I worked at ARINC full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Used to be a great company that treated employees well until The Carlye Group purchased the company and it went down hill from there.

Cons

Executive leadership is very poor and is not honest with employees. There is no strategic outlook and the focus is EBIT and cash for stakeholders.

Sell the company as fast as you can

Interview process and work experience

I worked at ARINC full-time for more than a year

Pros

ARINC compensates their employees well.

Cons

Management does with hold very important information from their employees.

Be more upfront with your employees.

Director

Current Employee - Director  in  San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Director in San Diego, CA

I have been working at ARINC full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

great company and great people to work with

Cons

None that i know of

Keep supporting your line management

Worked for ARINC? Contribute to the Community!