ARINC Reviews

1. nice co-workers, horrid bosses and management

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carrollton, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carrollton, TX

I worked at ARINC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I worked with some very nice people, and made a couple of friends that will be friends for life.

Cons

the management lies, HR lies, some of the people are just horrid, and oh, by the way, the good old boy network is the ONLY way to move up in the company. If you aren't part of their little clique, forget it. If you are, who cares if you are qualified for the job! Pass over the qualified people, and give the job to the pet. I have never seen such a thing in a large company. In a small family company, sure, you can get away with that, but in a large corporation, there are supposed to be rules against that.

Advice to Management

Get rid of the incompetent managers. Pay attention when problems are brought to your attention - don't fire the people that tell you about it and hope the problem goes away.

2. Great staff, poor leadership from vps & CEO

Former Employee - Department Director in Annapolis, MD
    Former Employee - Department Director in Annapolis, MD

I worked at ARINC full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good place to get exposure to latest technology. Has okay benefits. A good stepping stone to a better opportunity.

Cons

Constant infighting among higher level executives. Not truthful about future of company to employees.

Advice to Management

Youn would not listen if I gave it.

3. Sr. Staff Engineer

Current Employee - Senior Staff Engineer
    Current Employee - Senior Staff Engineer

I have been working at ARINC full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The majority of people I have worked with are extremely bright and very personable. The benefits are actually pretty good here compared to other places I have worked. Management is pretty flexible with taking time off.

Cons

The company was purchased by a company who has sold off a portion of the company and is planning to sell the remaining portion very soon. They have squeezed the company dry and have not invested anything. There is an air of uncertainty about the future at the time I am writing this review.

Advice to Management

Management needs to better communicate with its employees. I should not have to find out about the important changes via word of mouth from other employees. Even my direct supervisor is kept in the dark about many things.

5. Overall, I enjoy my work at ARINC.

Current Employee - Project Controller in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Project Controller in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at ARINC full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Learning environment, competitive jobs, room for advancement

Cons

Not many corporate benefits but nothing major

Advice to Management

Take some time to visit with employees of all levels to see how the cultar affects everyone.

6. Great place to work with

Pros

It is a nice place to work. There are different departments in the firm which serve clients from different industries and you have more options available (if there is an opening)

Cons

Some wonderful directors and managers have moved on or are almost retirement age.

7. Sell Out

Former Employee - Senior Director in Annapolis, MD
    Former Employee - Senior Director in Annapolis, MD

I worked at ARINC full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

It's a job, and in this day and age, that's important

Cons

Toxic environment where the good old boys are just waiting for the company sale and their chance to cash out. Senior management at this company - if you want to call them that, is a complete clown show. This is the most poorly managed large company I have ever been associated with. Everything has been reduced to money today, and the future and the employees have been mortgaged for the gain of the few at the top. Meanwhile, projects and departments are going to hell and they are trying to hold things together until they can sell the company and unload the shambles of this turd on the next guy. At that point the clean-up and rehabilitation will hopefully begin. Just about anyone worth their salt has left or is trying to leave. My advice would be to stay away until the situation is clearer once the new owner is announced. Then things can get better or worse.

Advice to Management

Move on, you owe your employees better. Let someone come in that actually cares about the people and the future of the business.

8. Great Place To Work!

Pros

Great atmosphere, coworkers, hours, and benefits!

Cons

Nothing to complain about now.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

9. Executive management disgraceful

Former Employee - Senior Director
    Former Employee - Senior Director

I worked at ARINC full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

- 70+ year history of corporate pride and accomplishment (except for last several) - Career diversity and some great employees still remaining

Cons

- Executive management unethical and motivated only by self interest. - Catastrophic loss of 10+ year employees last several years and steep decline in business and moral - Nepotism throughout upper management - Many of the strongest leaders and leadership candidates no longer with company - Future unknown as company needs to rebuild from the top down

Advice to Management

Retire!

10. Interview process and work experience

I worked at ARINC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

ARINC compensates their employees well.

Cons

Management does with hold very important information from their employees.

Advice to Management

Be more upfront with your employees.

11. It's time for some management changes

Former Employee - Principal Engineer in Annapolis, MD
    Former Employee - Principal Engineer in Annapolis, MD

I worked at ARINC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

1) Commuting can be very pleasant if you live on this side of MD. Some departments are better to work in. At least so I'm told. 2) Flexible hours. Alternative Work Schedule (AWS)

Cons

ARINC is currently waiting for a buyer, and it seems like the only employees that are hanging around are the ones that were just hired and/or the ones that still draw a pension. Here is what I observed in my time there: 1) Nepotism - : favoritism (as in appointment to a job) based on kinship This is ramped at ARINC. You will most likely not have a good career advancement due to this practice. Many employees (family members) are getting positions they are not qualified for. It has completely undermined the moral. 2) Signs of Corporate Pathology? - I've found that many (expensive) decisions are made based on private personal agendas no matter if it's good for the company or not. In my department as an example, the clients weren't even consulted on buy in for major changes to make sure they were ok with the ongoing cost. 3) Work Place Diversity - I also noticed there are VERY FEW minorities in leadership roles. I have not seen this to this extent in other work environments. I just thought it might be worth mentioning. 4) No Management Meetings - The employees NEVER get updates with management on what's going on. No management meetings with the employees, performance goals and bonus have diminished to non-existent for those that are on the front line and are reserved for the middle to upper managers. 5) Uneven Workload - I frequently ran into situations where there is one employee that is doing the majority of the work in their departments. When that employee is out, there are severe gaps in the productivity due to the single threaded nature of the organization. 6) Frequent re-organizations - It seems to be about 1 to 2 re-orgs per year. The entire department anxiously awaits to see who your new boss will be for that part of the year to see how your ongoing projects are affected.

Advice to Management

Properly train the staff OR hire competent managers to lead the organization's department. I'd most likely favor the latter. Stop the nepotism. It's really tearing the company apart. It's no secret that investing in good people will take the company further in the long run. ARINC seems to not understand that, or just plain doesn't care anymore! Many of the CONS has grown from inexperienced management.

RSS Feed </> Embed