ARM Holdings

www.arm.com

ARM Holdings Reviews

Updated Jul 21, 2014

Simon Segars

Pros
  • A well designed work life balance and trusts the employees to do their job(in 13 reviews)

• Really smart people to work with, high learning scope for interns(in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Lot of politics as the company is growing(in 6 reviews)

• It has lost a lot of its small company startup appeal(in 6 reviews)

Excellent company. Great benefits, a lot of growth opportunites and the chance to make a real difference in Technology

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe company is a true technology enabler. Their business model and products are all focused on providing chip designs, tools and software that equip a broad ecosystem of partners to build innovative consumer devices. The company is very collaborative, intelligent and innovative. You have the chance to influence the direction of technology. Strong team spirit and a broad array of expertise amongst all employees.

ConsIt is all about contributing and delivering on time. You are measured on what you bring to the game and once you get involved in something you have to follow through and deliver. Everything is controlled by the Exec Mgt in Cambridge. At times it can be frustrating. Long hours and the expectation that you are available 24/7

Best company to work for

ProsTechnically challenging work, some great people to work with and excellent compensation with stock

ConsSome travel required across multiple sites

Good company, perks are good

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood company with good benefits. Most of people stay their for its benefits.

ConsOverworked with no direction from management. Lot of politics as the company is growing.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to communicate with the employees and be connected with them.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great company

Senior SQA Engineer (Current Employee)

ProsSuperb company to work for, good peer group with challenging work which keeps you think and evolving

ConsTends to be a environment where you can spend a lot of time working on projects to meet tough deadlines

Pleasant

Staff Engineer (Current Employee) San Jose, CA

ProsExcellent benefits and work environment

ConsWork life balance could be an issue.

Advice to Senior ManagementLong term planning & goals for employees

Great place to start your career...

Engineering Intern (Former Employee) Austin, TX

ProsCompany works in latest technology, so lot of stuff to learn with the experience people there.
    Work environment is friendly and encouraging...
    Companies market is in fast growth phase...

Consnothing much except for their limited infrastructure.

excellent but...

Unspecified (Current Employee) Santa Clara, CA

Prosvery successful in all aspects, design innovation, customer infrastructure support, plenty more

how do you not recommend this co. to a friend. It is a train, can not be stopped, at the moment.

Consmany friends ask what we are doing different, to them we are walking text book OOE pipeline same as those that came before, intel, sparc, mips, etc. In their view eventually we look like pentium 4.

penny pinchers: two monitor maximum, your lap top counts as one, lol

IT infrastructure is awful, unable to connect to LSF, still using eXceed (not kidding), some attributable to fast growth, mostly not.

Big company infrastructure overhead without the benefits: SAP, time sheets, IT ticket system (file a ticket, get ignored, call your buddy in IT, get it fixed, pure hell when you are trying to hit schedule commits)

Great place to work, but.....

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) San Jose, CA

ProsMarket leader - innovative products. Interesting and smart people. Good salary and compensation structure. Good work/life balance. Having an ARM business card opens doors. Executives easily accessible.

ConsSmall company, but getting a big company bureaucracy. Best and brightest not always retained or promoted if bringing viewpoints contrary to what is wanted to be heard.

Advice to Senior ManagementCulture is changing in the US. Remember what got you here - don't lose that. Don't read your own headlines about how great you are. Or at least, don't believe them. Continue to innovate - continue to dig for the best, and find those bright minds and listen to those crazy ideas - from wherever they may come.

Former Employee

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat company with some amazing people and technology.

ConsNo, this is a great company!!

Amazing career opportunity

Design Engineer (Former Employee) Austin, TX

ProsYou have a chance to work on cutting edge technology
    Best benefits and compensation
    small company relative to other semiconductor companies

ConsI did not find any cons

Worked for ARM Holdings? Contribute to the Community!