ARM Holdings Reviews

Reset
3.8
ARM Holdings Chief Executive Officer Simon Segars
Simon Segars

Pros
  • Work-life balance ok - rare to come in on a weekend (in 16 reviews)

• In these divisions it did seem like there is a system of recognising smart people and engineering is respected (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Company is growing up and getting far more corporate, with less emphasis on getting the job done vs (in 6 reviews)

• It has lost a lot of its small company startup appeal (in 6 reviews)

1. Hardware Engineer

I worked at ARM Holdings

Pros

work life balance is good

Cons

salary not the highest in industry

2. Great place to work!

Current Employee - Design Engineer Intern in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Design Engineer Intern in Austin, TX

I have been working at ARM Holdings

Pros

People are generally friendly and helpful. Small-company culture means there's only minimal bureaucracy. People work hard, but there's a good work/life balance. Meetings are used sparingly and for big-picture tasks. When you need to talk to someone, you walk to their desk or IM them, which means problems can be solved faster. Free soda and coffee.

Cons

Nothing I can think of.

3. ARM continues to get better

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I have been working at ARM Holdings full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

ARM remains uniquely positioned in the industry to provide technologies that underpin nearly every exciting new market in the electronics industry. ARM technologies are used in mobile phones, tablets, TV, set top box, enterprise networking, servers, cars, smart embedded devices and a myriad of others. Even if you don't know the ARM name, dozens of your favorite electronic devices are powered by ARM technology via our extensive network of silicon partners who incorporate ARM designs into their chips and systems. In fact, as ARM is growing, it is expanding product lines to cover more areas and make the company more relevant to more markets. As a company, ARM has a culture of collaboration, innovation, a commitment to diversity, and a passion for progress. I cannot imagine a company I'd like to work for more than ARM. ARM has offices all around the world, allowing us to offer opportunities in many of the major technology hubs. ARM is committed to leading the industry and have leaders in many fields among the staff. I've recently introduced ARM to a number of my former colleagues at prior companies. After joining ARM they have come by to thank me for bringing them to this unique environment

Cons

We work hard and are committed to success. It's a fun environment, but as an international company you need to be prepared to interact with different time zones and cultures.

5. New Starter First Impressions

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I have been working at ARM Holdings full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The place feels like a start up, at least in the part of the business I've joined. IT and HR support were excellent for this new starter. Leadership at the company is clear and values based. There has been a great emphasis on ensuring that new employees understand the business model that supports the company, the values by which the company operates and the goals. Sufficient time has been allocated for training and peers in the work environment have been quite supportive.

Cons

Not many. It is a global company, so we west coasters enjoy some early morning meetings over a cup of coffee.

6. "Amazing Place to Work"

Current Employee - Intern in Austin, TX

I have been working at ARM Holdings (Less than a year)

Pros

- Good Projects and learning experience for interns - laidback environment - Amazing teams and people

Cons

- Below par IT and infrastructure services, quite a lot of times cluster is slow which reduces the efficiency. - Benefits and perks are lower compared to competitors.

7. Great Place to Work

Current Employee - Operations Manager in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Operations Manager in San Jose, CA

I have been working at ARM Holdings full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent work environment, strong team efforts, great, supportive management and leaders who promote independent thought, decision making, an career advancement. Great benefits and salary, perks include excellent time off policy which strongly supports work-life balance. All together the best place I have worked in my 20 years of professional employment.

Cons

Sometime tough to get quick decisions as the HQ is in the UK and the operations teams are in the US. Time zone challenges.

Advice to Management

Continue to strongly support the effort of the teams. Manage growth in new areas with support from the expertise in house to vette and resolve issues before they become challenges.

8. Internship review

I have been working at ARM Holdings

Pros

ARM takes great care of their employees. It is a laid back, open atmosphere, and I absolutely love working here.

Cons

The worst part about working at ARM has nothing to do with the company, but most people outside of tech don't know who we are, even though our tech is so pervasive.

Jul 24, 2015 – Social Recruiting Manager

Thanks for leaving a review! We're really happy to read that you're enjoying your internship with ARM, and hope to see you as a full time employee in one of our many Graduate positions once you ... More

9. Intern Engineering

I have been working at ARM Holdings

Pros

The people here are extremely kind and friendly. They have a great rotational grad program that allows new hires to move around the company and see were they belong most. Great opportunity for growth.

Cons

Their is not too many bad things to say about ARM. You can feel the pressure come on some of the groups as the demand for their products rise, however they are hiring more and more people to help with this!

Advice to Management

As an intern I would have liked more feedback as to what the expectations are. Over all it was nice to be working on something and learning alot at the same time :)

10. Good work life balance

I have been working at ARM Holdings

Pros

Good vacation policy. Stress is on working smart than working long hours.

Cons

Health insurance is less competitive compared to competition.

Jul 15, 2015 – Social Recruiting Manager

Thanks for leaving a review! We're hoping that with a great vacation policy and less stress on working long hours, that it will lead to healthier, happier employees! That being said, a ... More

11. Talent Aquisition

Current Employee - Talent Acquisition Advisor in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Talent Acquisition Advisor in Austin, TX

I have been working at ARM Holdings

Pros

great atmosphere, really like my team, challenging work

Cons

working on building up processes to help streamline

Jul 6, 2015 – Social Recruiting Manager

Thanks for leaving a review! As a company, we've grown quite big in such a short amount of time. As a result, our IT and HR departments are trying their best to keep up with the growth, which ... More

RSS Feed </> Embed