ARM Holdings Reviews

• Part-time
Employment Status

Reset

1. Innovative company with cutting edge Silicon architecture

Pros

The company has leading edge technologies for Silicon Design Companies and the TOP management have vision and focus. Friendly environment and dedicated professionals.

Cons

Surprisingly fort a silicon architect company their IT systems need update as they run very old versions of SW platforms and it is amazing they can deliver IP given their systems need a $300M upgrade.

Advice to Management

Upgrade your IT systems into the 21st Century.

A unique company in the industry

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at ARM Holdings full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great company culture, everybody believes in ARM and wants it succeed. Engineers given freedom to innovate. Fantastic work/life balance, with great benefits, tons of vacation, and a sabbatical.

Cons

IT is second-rate for a company of this size. Terrible support, reliability, equipment, budgets. New CEO is bringing some of what is bad in other tech companies into ARM - major reorgs, trying to force common methodologies, penny-pinching.

Advice to Management

Don't forget what made ARM so unique and fun to work at. Invest in proper IT and give engineers the best tools available to do their job.

Great place to work. Relevant technology. Opportunity to move up. Extremely customer focused which makes me feel good about the future.

Current Employee - Principal Design Engineer in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Principal Design Engineer in Austin, TX

I have been working at ARM Holdings full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I like my boss. Interesting problems to solve. Pay is good IMO. Suggestions and ideas are welcomed and you feel you are contributing

Cons

Depending on the project/customer hours can be long. Dealing with other design centers is not always smooth, but an interesting experience nonetheless.

Advice to Management

I feel management is doing well at the personal level. We had staffing issues (not enough people) in the past and they have responded. At the macro business level I don't think I'm qualified to know if they are doing a good job, but I do know they are very cognizant of keeping our top position as well as trying to grow the markets we are in.

Great place to work with awesome staff and benefits

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at ARM Holdings full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The atmosphere is an interesting blend between serious and fun, with everyone here super smart.. It's very much a "work hard, play hard" type group here in the office. YMMV regarding working remotely, but my director is quite accommodating and flexible in this regard.

Cons

There's only one way in or out of the building/area in the Austin office, and not a lot of food options unless you want to drive at least 5-10 minutes. We do have food trucks and group orders from local eateries, but it's pretty much the same thing every week then.

Excellent company. Great benefits, a lot of growth opportunites and the chance to make a real difference in Technology

I worked at ARM Holdings full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The company is a true technology enabler. Their business model and products are all focused on providing chip designs, tools and software that equip a broad ecosystem of partners to build innovative consumer devices. The company is very collaborative, intelligent and innovative. You have the chance to influence the direction of technology. Strong team spirit and a broad array of expertise amongst all employees.

Cons

It is all about contributing and delivering on time. You are measured on what you bring to the game and once you get involved in something you have to follow through and deliver. Everything is controlled by the Exec Mgt in Cambridge. At times it can be frustrating. Long hours and the expectation that you are available 24/7

7. Best company to work for

Pros

Technically challenging work, some great people to work with and excellent compensation with stock

Cons

Some travel required across multiple sites

Good company, perks are good

I worked at ARM Holdings full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good company with good benefits. Most of people stay their for its benefits.

Cons

Overworked with no direction from management. Lot of politics as the company is growing.

Advice to Management

Need to communicate with the employees and be connected with them.

ARM Holdings Response

Aug 7, 2014 – Social Recruiting Manager

Thanks for the feedback and advice. Is there any one area of communications that you think we can address immediately?

9. Great company

Current Employee - Senior SQA Engineer
    Current Employee - Senior SQA Engineer

I have been working at ARM Holdings full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Superb company to work for, good peer group with challenging work which keeps you think and evolving

Cons

Tends to be a environment where you can spend a lot of time working on projects to meet tough deadlines

10. Pleasant

Current Employee - Staff Engineer in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Staff Engineer in San Jose, CA

I have been working at ARM Holdings full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Excellent benefits and work environment

Cons

Work life balance could be an issue.

Advice to Management

Long term planning & goals for employees

excellent but...

Current Employee - Unspecified in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Unspecified in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at ARM Holdings full-time (More than a year)

Pros

very successful in all aspects, design innovation, customer infrastructure support, plenty more how do you not recommend this co. to a friend. It is a train, can not be stopped, at the moment.

Cons

many friends ask what we are doing different, to them we are walking text book OOE pipeline same as those that came before, intel, sparc, mips, etc. In their view eventually we look like pentium 4. penny pinchers: two monitor maximum, your lap top counts as one, lol IT infrastructure is awful, unable to connect to LSF, still using eXceed (not kidding), some attributable to fast growth, mostly not. Big company infrastructure overhead without the benefits: SAP, time sheets, IT ticket system (file a ticket, get ignored, call your buddy in IT, get it fixed, pure hell when you are trying to hit schedule commits)

ARM Holdings Response

Aug 7, 2014 – Social Recruiting Manager

Thanks for the feedback. We're addressing the IT infrastructure by hiring over 100 IT staff across all of our regions in 2014, which should make growing at the rate we are a bit more manageable.

RSS Feed </> Embed