ARM Holdings Reviews

Reset
4.5
ARM Holdings Chief Executive Officer Simon Segars
Simon Segars

Pros
  • Work-life balance ok - rare to come in on a weekend (in 16 reviews)

• In these divisions it did seem like there is a system of recognising smart people and engineering is respected (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Company is growing up and getting far more corporate, with less emphasis on getting the job done vs (in 6 reviews)

• It has lost a lot of its small company startup appeal (in 6 reviews)

1. Featured Review

Outstanding place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I have been working at ARM Holdings full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

ARM is uniquely positioned in the industry to provide technologies that underpin nearly every exciting new market in the electronics industry. ARM technologies are used in mobile phones, tablets, TV, set top box, enterprise networking, servers, cars, smart embedded devices and a myriad of others. Even if you don't know the ARM name, dozens of your favorite electronic devices are powered by ARM technology via our extensive network of silicon partners who incorporate our designs into their chips and systems.

As a company, ARM has a culture of collaboration, innovation, a commitment to diversity, and a passion for progress. I cannot imagine a company I'd like to work for more than ARM. We have offices all around the world, allowing us to offer opportunities in many of the major technology hubs. We are committed to leading our industry and have leaders in many fields among our staff.

Cons

There is little down side to ARM as I see it. We all work hard, but we do it as a team and the results show for it.

2. Amazing work environment

I have been working at ARM Holdings

Pros

Small engineering employee body thus great chance to meet seasoned engineers and HRs.
    Every experienced enigeer here is so helpful for an intern like me.

Cons

Nothing much to say about the cons for ARM Inc

Advice to Management

Keep encouraging University students and fresh graduates.

Jun 11, 2015Social Recruiting Manager

Thanks for leaving a review!

Glad to hear that you're having a great intern experience, and we're always looking for new ways to support the next generation of engineers. If you have any
    ... More

3. Design Engineer

Current Employee - Design Engineer in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Design Engineer in San Jose, CA

I have been working at ARM Holdings full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good company to work for.

Cons

For my case, very reluctant to even providing rental car for temporary use after relocation.

Advice to Management

Hold 1:1s regularly

Jan 13, 2015Social Recruiting Manager

Thanks for leaving a review. We do have the ARM Annual Employee Survey coming up soon, so make sure to leave your anonymous feedback there as well, so we can address any concerns you may have ... More

Start-up Atmosphere

I have been working at ARM Holdings full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Open door policy with upper management, start-up atmosphere allows room for growth and creativity, great benefits and plenty of PTO, good size gym in office, on-site and off-site activities

Cons

ARM is a worldwide company which means there are occasional early and late meetings with the UK and APAC. Staff is a bit short makes it hard to execute full potential on everything.

6. Pleasant

Current Employee - Staff Engineer in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Staff Engineer in San Jose, CA

I have been working at ARM Holdings full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Excellent benefits and work environment

Cons

Work life balance could be an issue.

Advice to Management

Long term planning & goals for employees

7. excellent but...

Current Employee - Unspecified in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Unspecified in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at ARM Holdings full-time (More than a year)

Pros

very successful in all aspects, design innovation, customer infrastructure support, plenty more

how do you not recommend this co. to a friend. It is a train, can not be stopped, at the moment.

Cons

many friends ask what we are doing different, to them we are walking text book OOE pipeline same as those that came before, intel, sparc, mips, etc. In their view eventually we look like pentium 4.

penny pinchers: two monitor maximum, your lap top counts as one, lol

IT infrastructure is awful, unable to connect to LSF, still using eXceed (not kidding), some attributable to fast growth, mostly not.

Big company infrastructure overhead without the benefits: SAP, time sheets, IT ticket system (file a ticket, get ignored, call your buddy in IT, get it fixed, pure hell when you are trying to hit schedule commits)

Aug 7, 2014Social Recruiting Manager

Thanks for the feedback. We're addressing the IT infrastructure by hiring over 100 IT staff across all of our regions in 2014, which should make growing at the rate we are a bit more manageable.

8. Great place to work, but.....

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I worked at ARM Holdings full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Market leader - innovative products. Interesting and smart people. Good salary and compensation structure. Good work/life balance. Having an ARM business card opens doors. Executives easily accessible.

Cons

Small company, but getting a big company bureaucracy. Best and brightest not always retained or promoted if bringing viewpoints contrary to what is wanted to be heard.

Advice to Management

Culture is changing in the US. Remember what got you here - don't lose that. Don't read your own headlines about how great you are. Or at least, don't believe them. Continue to innovate - continue to dig for the best, and find those bright minds and listen to those crazy ideas - from wherever they may come.

9. ARM was a friendly, supportive and professional place to work.

Former Employee - Product Usage Analyst in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Product Usage Analyst in San Jose, CA

I worked at ARM Holdings full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

ARM is a very balanced company in many ways. ARM has grown to be a mid-sized company, but retains the spirit and flexibility usually associated with start-ups. Upper management changed the structure of the business several times while I was there without replacing all the executives. This was done not in desperation, but to meet the needs of the changing economy by putting people in the best places to keep the company moving forward. It weathered the downturn better than most companies thanks to that kind of agility. The atmosphere is professional, but the doors to the VP's offices were most often open and they invited interaction. A look around the office any time would show signs of the company's fun side. Employees had a lot of latitude to get creative when celebrating holidays from around the world or engaging in spirited contests. Work-life balance is valued at ARM even while hard work is expected. The benefits package is generous in my opinion. I would recommend ARM highly as a great place to work.

Cons

Being a British owned company, ARM sometimes had difficulty bridging the gap between British and American business cultures. On several occasions upper management insisted upon doing things in the US offices the same way they do it in Cambridge when it didn't make sense or wasn't necessary. These kinds of decisions were met with grumbles which took a toll on morale. Upper management's loyalty to other management staff was admirable, but had a down side. They held on to people who were not a good fit for their positions which caused some very good people to leave the company.

Advice to Management

My advice to management is to keep on working to place everyone in the best position to use their talents to the full, and to be sensitive to the needs of the US employees.

10. Great

Current Employee - Principal Design Engineer in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Principal Design Engineer in San Jose, CA

I have been working at ARM Holdings full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Everything, great management, conservative growth, emphasis on top talent

Cons

Nothing. Great company, great people

Advice to Management

Keep it up.

11. Worked as a contract exhibitor

Former Contractor - Exhibitor in San Jose, CA
    Former Contractor - Exhibitor in San Jose, CA

I worked at ARM Holdings as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly & helpful employees, good salary, excellent experience.

Cons

Nothing I can think of.

Advice to Management

N/A

RSS Feed </> Embed