ARMA

Updated January 22, 2015

CEO

Great Company

Current Employee - Contractor in Tampa, FL

I have been working at ARMA

Pros

Benefits, pay, and backend support are all fantastic. Whenever I need something from HR, they are very responsive. My manager has been very supportive of my desire for career progression and the money has been right from the start.

Cons

Typical defense contractor shortfalls. There are always going to be obstacles set in place by contract limitations and customer demands. Hopefully, as this company matures, they will become more adaptive to these types of challenges.

Keep up the good work and be sure to maintain communication with your employees. The best managers do not wish for their employees to remain in the same position long term, but have a desire for those individuals to move up the chain and forward in their career. Keep an active dialogue open with your employees to ensure that they will not jump ship simply for upward mobility. That has to be available to them here at ARMA.

Great company, fast growing corporation but without the typical office politics

I have been working at ARMA full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Employee benefit costs are unmatched in Tampa Bay, company pays majority of cost. Above average compensation and excellent work/life balance. Very refreshing environment. No micro management.

Cons

None to report at this time.

Concentrate on employee retention. Listen to your employees and retain your top performers.

Great Company!!

Current Employee - Tampa Office in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Tampa Office in Tampa, FL

I have been working at ARMA full-time (more than a year)

Pros

People are great. ARMA treats their employees well. Relaxed environment with a lot of hard working people.

Cons

I have no Cons to report

Keep doing what you are doing.

Excellent Growing Company, Great Healthcare Options, not many around like this anymore!

Current Employee - Manager in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Manager in Tampa, FL

I have been working at ARMA full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Flexible company that listens to your concerns, not corporate and rigid

Cons

None to report at this time

Continue to listen and support employees

Excellent company I hope to grow with as they continue to build and expand globally ...

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I have been working at ARMA full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Growing company, vast opportunity, great benefits, fast paced, quick results, team oriented with exceptional culture which emphasizes giving back and honoring the military ...

Cons

None to report at this time.

Maintain careful growth planning, continue to invest in employees

Excellent

Former Employee - IT Specialist
    Former Employee - IT Specialist

I worked at ARMA full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

The best company that I have worked for. They take of there employes.

Cons

There is no cons. it was great

Superb

Current Employee - Contractor in Tampa, FL

I have been working at ARMA full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The company tries to be honest and up front. They do care about their employees. They pay very good and the company benefits are great. The company tries to be up front on the type of job and how the work schedule will be. They do their best to provide the employees with clothing and a great 401K plan. They are currently trying to set up training for school credit and also to help the employee if they want to go back to college. They will pay 100% of the tuition.

Cons

None that I can think of at this time.

Stay as you are. Don't let bad apples spoil the company's future. Keep growing and become a major company one day! Thanks!

Generally, things are good here. Like every company there are negatives. The grass is always greener.

Current Employee - Systems Administrator
    Current Employee - Systems Administrator

I have been working at ARMA as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

3 Weeks of annual leave is nice. Most benefits are good for a smaller company. The company is relatively open minded regarding future ops and staying current in technology.

Cons

Upper management is pretty disconnected from the workforce. This poses issues with making proper decisions regarding upgrade strategies. The company offers money towards education but is extremely difficult to take advantage of.

Good company, if you look at the constraints of doing business with the government

I worked at ARMA full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good pay, decent benefits, interesting work environments. I've seen many complain about pay, but that has a lot to do with what your position is billeted for and the government's compensation based on that position. I had the top pay for the area by far, but that doesn't necessarily mean that everyone will be compensated what they believe is fair.

Cons

Typical cons of working as a government contractor, which the company cannot mitigate. Their inflexibility to negotiate increased PTO. Annual performance review process can be improved and streamlined. Ultimately, the only reason I left was for a better opportunity elsewhere. Due to the constraints of working as a government contractor, my upward mobility was hindered if I wanted to stay in the same area.

Consider allowing employees and candidates to negotiate an extra week of leave. Your inflexibility in this area is indicative of a young company, but there should be some form of wiggle room when it comes to leave. Don't fall back on the "well it wouldn't be fair to everyone else" excuse.

Great working environment, Penny pinching company.

Current Employee - Network Administrator in Kabul (Afghanistan)
    Current Employee - Network Administrator in Kabul (Afghanistan)

I have been working at ARMA full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great working environment, Highly responsive management, Good pay.

Cons

Every part of the hiring and employee management process has a clear penny pinching feel to it. Everything from the hotel to the bonus and evaluation system designed to kind of resemble the military.

Getting employees ready for these jobs takes a considerable amount of up front investment on your part. Make sure you get the most out of your effort by reducing salary pay and introducing a sign on and/or contract completion bonus. This will keep people who are serious about staying and save some money on employees who bail early. the money recouped from something like this could be used for things like better hotels or even go directly back into everyone's salary.