ARMA Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
CEO

Pompous and Arrogant

Pros

I have no pros to submit

Cons

Too stuck on themselves to even comprehend what they are doing

Advice to Management

Get you head out...

Grew Fast, Stopped Caring, looking for another job

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I have been working at ARMA full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Knowledge obtained, Contributions to families that lost a loved one in the war

Cons

Treatment of employees. Some departments of company not worth walking into. A lot of upper management has no clue what they are doing, but because they are a friend of someone else they get to remain employed making big money. Overworked, unappreciated

Advice to Management

Too many chiefs and not enough indians. Most of the chiefs don't do half of what you think they do.

Ain't Really Making Alot

Pros

Swag bag with a Nike Play-Dry polo shirt

Cons

Cronyism over credentials - the latest good old boys club to get work at SOCOM

Advice to Management

Sooner or latter its going to come crashing down.

Terrible Management / Company has an Ethics Issue

Former Employee - Systems Administrator in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Systems Administrator in Tampa, FL

I worked at ARMA full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay is good. If you're chasing money and don't care about anything else like integrity or ethics, this is the company for you.

Cons

Management is the good 'ole boy network where the most unqualified people get hired to pretend they are managers. The end result is unsatisfied employees, unethical business practices and abusive management. The place is run just like the military--same moronic decisions all because I said so. Very frustrating to sit back and watch the idiocy, especially if you're a seasoned professional. Good talented people bail because the of the unqualified managers. People are berated and treated like tools. Communication from management is nonexistent, but really that's a good thing because otherwise you'd have to listen to some idiot dribble on and on.

Advice to Management

None. Really though, why bother to help a company that doesn't care about it's people. Get rid of the owners and fire all the current management staff--that's a start.

Not So Good

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Bragg, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Bragg, NC

Pros

You receive decent benefits, decent pay, and a casual environment. I think it’s good that they help out families who have lost loved ones in the military.

Cons

Still a new company and they don’t have everything worked out. Management is not very knowledgeable at times. No training is provided. You get the feeling like you are just another paycheck working and not a member of a team. Doesn’t really take care of their employees.

Advice to Management

Take care of your members and they’ll work hard for you.

Very bad experience

Former Employee - Systems Administrator

I worked at ARMA full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The customer was great, but I can't say the same for my former management and co-workers.

Cons

Very bad experience at an overseas site. Found it impossible to succeed in the living and work environment ARMA provided. On-site and conus management were little help. First job I was ever terminated from in thirty years of work. Management kept allowing unprofessional employee behavior to continue. The customer recognized my performance. I know that they had nothing to do with my dismissal. It was my co-workers and a very weak on-site supervisor who permitted situation to persist. I would never consider another position from this company.

Advice to Management

Take control of the work and living conditions, and don't allow the inmates to run the asylum. Establish rules and enforce them, so everyone gets a chance to succeed. I know that no one is listening at ARMA. .

Worst Defense Contractor to work for and very DISCRIMINATING Employer

Pros

There is nothing pros to talk about this organization after my experience.

Cons

I worked for Arma for sometime. After couple of months they demoted me to another group as I was not Subject Matter Expert in the position I was hired into. I was hired by the company after a thorough interview by the Tech Lead and Manager. After 3months, without saying a word about my job performance demoted me and cut my salary of $25,000 because I was not prior military or veteran. Their excuse was that I was not SME in the subject but the reality is that they take care of only people with military backgrounds and move them up. I knew this after I started working with the other group they moved one person to the Data Center into a position that was required to be a SME. The person that they moved had no IT background whatsoever. I believe that ARMA discriminates against non-veterans and against minorities. They also didn't give my vacation pay as I had so many hours and was taxed at a high rate. Management is terrible. They smile when you are hired, but when it was time to save the organization they become different human beings. The sad reality they don't realize is that one day they will be let go. They also report to someone higher up. I am glad I moved on from ARMA.

Advice to Management

Show some respect and equal treatment to people of minority backgrounds and non-veterans. Otherwise tomorrow the Company will go bankrupt.

ARMA Global Systems Admin

Former Employee - Systems Administrator

Pros

Awesome co workers. Friendly environment

Cons

Poor Management. Lots of he say/she say.

Advice to Management

Take classes and learn how to deal with people. Can't hire a monkey to train lions.

ARMA

Former Employee - Project Manager in Fort Bragg, NC
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Fort Bragg, NC

I worked at ARMA full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very new company, so there are plenty of opportunities to move up.

Cons

Allows government representatives to abuse their employees.

Advice to Management

They need to listen to their employees and their complaints.

Bad management

Former Employee - Systems Engineer
    Former Employee - Systems Engineer

I worked at ARMA full-time

Pros

Benefits are good pay is bad.

Cons

They bring in military people and under pay them. Not good for a company owned by retired military.

Advice to Management

Pay people what they are worth for the area they are in

RSS Feed </> Embed