ARRI

Add Photos

Not yet rated.

Volker Bahnemann

Great and Generous

3D Generalist (Former Employee)
Los Angeles, CA

I worked at ARRI as a contractor for more than a year

ProsThey provide you with anything you need including equipment.

ConsThey have been known to interrupt and make certain changes to designs at the last minute.

ok place

Private (Current Employee)
Chicago, IL

I have been working at ARRI as a contractor for more than 8 years

Prosits a job that i need to have

Consvery little advancement available to its employees

Advice to Senior Managementneed to get organized better

Excellent!

Columbus, OH

I have been working at ARRI

ProsGreat exposure to outside world. Travelling (even international to Canada, Europe and Asia) opportunities for conferences. Excellent research facilities and great minds.

ConsAs with most places, politics is sometimes an issue. This is not as bad as in most other places. Just know your stuff.

Low Pay / Long Day

Floor Technician (Former Employee)
Secaucus, NJ

I worked at ARRI

ProsA great place to learn about cameras if you want to be a freelance camera assistant. It is a specific path to get into the camera department in the film industry.

ConsLow pay as a floor technician. Very hard to move up. It seems to take a long time to really learn everything about the cameras. Very long hours and a extremely physical job. If you do not want a physical job, this is not for you.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay your interns some kind of wage. Internship process with out pay is hard.

Great place to be

Burbank, CA

I have been working at ARRI

ProsOpportunity for growth, knowledge, and advancement are abundant if you have the initiative and desire for growth. Management is understanding of time off and personal issues that need to be taken care of. Arri is extremely well respected in the industry and that respect is transfered to it's employees for the most part. Generous benefits packages. It is really a place where you can go from the stock room to the board room. There's no pretentiousness and very little ego.

ConsI can't really think of many. There are a few people that I'd rather not work with, but it's not so bad that I'm thinking I need to quit. I'd like the company to recognize more holidays, but I can imagine that that is a complaint that can be made against most companies and isn't really specific to Arri.

Advice to Senior ManagementI think that for the most part, management is doing as well, if not better, then any other company that I've been at. If I had any advice that could lead us in an idealized direction, it would be to facilitate a more team oriented atmosphere. Sometimes it can feel as if we are compartmentalized into our divisions and it is hard to get to the place of being one whole company as opposed to a different groups acting independently. But it's really a minor thing and I know that most other sizable companies suffer from the same or similar shortcomings. To be fair, there is a feeling currently that this is changing for the better and we are becoming a more cohesive unit.

Worked for ARRI? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at ARRI reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for ARRI CEO Volker Bahnemann. All 5 reviews posted anonymously by ARRI employees.