ARRIS
www.arrisi.com Suwanee, GA 5000+ Employees

ARRIS Reviews

Updated Jun 30, 2014

Robert J. Stanzione

Pros:
  • "There is a good work life balance at this company which is great and a lot of the employees are great"
    in 7 reviews
  • "Flexible work schedule environment"
    in 5 reviews
Cons:
  • "Demotivation, lack of vision, lack of direction, lack of professional skills handicap the talent in the field"
    in 3 reviews
  • "Despite the fact of making your own working hours, one is still expected to work long hours"
    in 3 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Good , could be better

ProsInteresting technical challenges, helpful people, smart developers and QA engineers

ConsUnderstaffed, head count expansion occurs overseas most of the time, where as issues are worked on in the US.

Advice to Senior ManagementAdd resources where needed, a total headcount never paints the whole picture

ARRIS Director of HR, TA responded to this review Jul 9, 2014 EditDelete
    Thank you for your candid feedback we appreciate it. We appreciate your optimism and are always looking for ways to improve.

Relax, laid-back work environment. good benefits for full-time employment

Accounting (Current Employee)
    Suwanee, GA

Prosflex hours, nice people. result-oriented

ConsInnovation on Technology, but not so innovated on management and marketing.

Advice to Senior Managementas one of the biggest company in industry, Arris should put more efforts on marketing and advertisement.

ARRIS Director of HR, TA responded to this review Jul 9, 2014 EditDelete
    Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. We are always looking for ways to improve and we value your honest comments.

Nowhere to go.

Kirkland, WA

Pros1. Hard-working and friendly coworkers.
    2. Decent benefits.
    3. Lots of recognition for work. Regular raises and bonuses.

Cons1. Very little room to move up within the company.
    2. Takes longer to be promoted compared to a much larger company.
    3. The company moves very slowly when making decisions.
    4. Teams are often understaffed.

Advice to Senior ManagementSpeed up the decision-making process. Find a balance between quick decisions and recklessness.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Working at ARRIS

ProsGood methodology and processes, the benefits are above average, good people

ConsThey do not reward high performers, above director level they lack diversity. At the executive level they lack diversity.

Advice to Senior ManagementChange the performance review process, it is demotivating. Reward people from diverse background.

Great Experience, But Frugal Company

ProsI like the people. Benefits are industry norm.

ConsIt is difficult to get a promotion, even when my work and experience should be rewarded with one. Additionally, appreciation and cheerleading for a job well done is lacking.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you can't give people money, get them appreciation for their hard work.

As a contract technician, you are there to serve generally temporary needs and expect no loyalty in treatment.

Network Technician (Former Employee)
    Los Angeles, CA

ProsGaining experience in broadcast facilities.

Can stay busy if willing to travel.

Most of the other contractors are good people and down to earth.

ConsArris boasts about their future and appreciation for their support techs, but provide no professional appreciation.

No benefits.

Tell you on Friday you don't have work next week.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you're installation side is of importance to you, try treating your contractors better and you will keep the optimum talent around.

Steady Employment

ProsGreat Co-Workers. Most are very knowledgeable in their field. ARRIS has most of the typical Employee Benefits - 401k, Education Reimbursement, Health.

ConsLittle chance of advancement. It is a good place to be employed but not a great long term career choice. Most of the management that I have met are skilled negotiators. If you would like to stay for five years you should get what you would expect to be paid in five years going in because chances are you will not get to that point otherwise.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider advancements from within the company.

Great technology company

ProsOpportunity to work with latest technologies and multiple projects. Travel all over the world and interact with different teams. Ability to chose career paths.

ConsSchedules are always challenging and very place a high demand on personal life. Working weekends and holidays is the norm. Vacations are seldom email free and usually require constant checking of programs.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to find a better balance of resourcing projects versus bottom line profits. Teams are pushed to the limits with no room for unplanned surprises or opportunities.

ARRIS Director of HR, TA responded to this review Jul 9, 2014 EditDelete
    Thank you for your feedback. We too are extremely optimistic about the future of ARRIS and thanks to you for all you are doing during work hours and your personal time too!

Great Company

ProsChallenging, Good Managers, Flexibility to work from home

ConsVery bad in promoting, Expect to work long hours

Not a very challenging place to work at.

Senior Manager (Current Employee)
    Horsham, PA

ProsIs very people friendly. Very relaxed work hours. Most managers are open to discuss flexible work schedules

ConsPromotions are very hard to come and totally depends upon your manager. You might find folks under different managers at a higher grade than you but with lower skills and experience. Not a very motivating place to work. Management does not truly know how to reward high performers or take action on low performers. Very top heavy. More mangers than actual worker bees. No clear product or solution strategy.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement should try to get the product or solution strategy across to all employees as soon as possible.

Worked for ARRIS? Contribute to the Community!

ARRIS Videos

ARRIS – Why Work for Us?

ARRIS is a global innovator in IP, video and broadband technology. We have continually worked with our customers to transform the experience of entertainment and communications for millions of people across the world… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at ARRIS reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for ARRIS CEO Robert J. Stanzione. All 89 reviews posted anonymously by ARRIS employees.