ARRIS

www.arrisi.com

ARRIS Reviews

Updated Jul 23, 2014

Robert J. Stanzione

Pros
  • There is a good work life balance at this company which is great and a lot of the employees are great(in 7 reviews)

• Most of the other contractors are good people and down to earth(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Demotivation, lack of vision, lack of direction, lack of professional skills handicap the talent in the field(in 3 reviews)

• Despite the fact of making your own working hours, one is still expected to work long hours(in 3 reviews)

Good , could be better

ProsInteresting technical challenges, helpful people, smart developers and QA engineers

ConsUnderstaffed, head count expansion occurs overseas most of the time, where as issues are worked on in the US.

Advice to Senior ManagementAdd resources where needed, a total headcount never paints the whole picture

Jul 9, 2014

Thank you for your candid feedback we appreciate it. We appreciate your optimism and are always looking for ways to improve.

Solid leader in its industry but slowly fading in future technologies.

Sales Director (Current Employee) Horsham, PA

ProsLeader in the industry, long standing relationship with customers, lots of experts in the company willing to share their knowledge and contribute to its success. Solid reputation in the market: ARRIS can deliver and will be around for a while. Lots of trust with customer base.

ConsNo top talent retention programs, careers are self-built. A few Sr. leaders make most decisions, mid-level management has little empowerment.

Advice to Senior ManagementGo up a notch in innovation.

Nowhere to go.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Kirkland, WA

Pros1. Hard-working and friendly coworkers.
    2. Decent benefits.
    3. Lots of recognition for work. Regular raises and bonuses.

Cons1. Very little room to move up within the company.
    2. Takes longer to be promoted compared to a much larger company.
    3. The company moves very slowly when making decisions.
    4. Teams are often understaffed.

Advice to Senior ManagementSpeed up the decision-making process. Find a balance between quick decisions and recklessness.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Relax, laid-back work environment. good benefits for full-time employment

Accounting (Current Employee) Suwanee, GA

Prosflex hours, nice people. result-oriented

ConsInnovation on Technology, but not so innovated on management and marketing.

Advice to Senior Managementas one of the biggest company in industry, Arris should put more efforts on marketing and advertisement.

Jul 9, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. We are always looking for ways to improve and we value your honest comments.

Not the Best-and no longer in the area. Doors were closed and business moved to Philly.

Cusomer Service (Former Employee) State College, PA

ProsCasual dress code. We did have the ice cream truck come once a month during the summer.

ConsSupervisor not a "people person" (in their own words). No real room to move up. Management wanted to keep you where you were.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop insulting your employees with a smile on your face. It's still an insult.

Working at ARRIS

ProsGood methodology and processes, the benefits are above average, good people

ConsThey do not reward high performers, above director level they lack diversity. At the executive level they lack diversity.

Advice to Senior ManagementChange the performance review process, it is demotivating. Reward people from diverse background.

Great Experience, But Frugal Company

ProsI like the people. Benefits are industry norm.

ConsIt is difficult to get a promotion, even when my work and experience should be rewarded with one. Additionally, appreciation and cheerleading for a job well done is lacking.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you can't give people money, get them appreciation for their hard work.

Great technology company

ProsOpportunity to work with latest technologies and multiple projects. Travel all over the world and interact with different teams. Ability to chose career paths.

ConsSchedules are always challenging and very place a high demand on personal life. Working weekends and holidays is the norm. Vacations are seldom email free and usually require constant checking of programs.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to find a better balance of resourcing projects versus bottom line profits. Teams are pushed to the limits with no room for unplanned surprises or opportunities.

Jul 9, 2014

Thank you for your feedback. We too are extremely optimistic about the future of ARRIS and thanks to you for all you are doing during work hours and your personal time too!

Great Company

ProsChallenging, Good Managers, Flexibility to work from home

ConsVery bad in promoting, Expect to work long hours

As a contract technician, you are there to serve generally temporary needs and expect no loyalty in treatment.

Network Technician (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsGaining experience in broadcast facilities.

Can stay busy if willing to travel.

Most of the other contractors are good people and down to earth.

ConsArris boasts about their future and appreciation for their support techs, but provide no professional appreciation.

No benefits.

Tell you on Friday you don't have work next week.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you're installation side is of importance to you, try treating your contractors better and you will keep the optimum talent around.

Worked for ARRIS? Contribute to the Community!