ARS Rescue Rooter

Lack luster management

Plumber (Current Employee)
San Jose, CA

I have been working at ARS Rescue Rooter full-time for more than 3 years

ProsProvides truck with gas card

ConsManagement has very low ethical standards they place sells above plumbing skills.
There is a lot of favoritism at this company. If you have a mind and can think on your
Feet it is frowned upon. The General managers do not follow the employee hand book
for rules infractions for all employees.They have a us vs them mind set instead of team building

Advice to Senior ManagementTake some management courses don't live in a echo chamber

My experience

Service Technician (Former Employee)
San Diego, CA

I worked at ARS Rescue Rooter full-time

ProsWork with a good group of guys

ConsToo much pressure to sell

Advice to Senior ManagementYour workers bring in the revenue. Treat them fairly

Lackluster pushy sales techniques

Plumber (Current Employee)
Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at ARS Rescue Rooter full-time for more than a year

ProsVery good pay. Gives you the tools to succeed

ConsSet unrealistic goals and constantly pushing too much product on the customers.

Advice to Senior ManagementRelax on goals and focus more on quality work rather than sales.

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

home depot program manager

I have been working at ARS Rescue Rooter

ProsI enjoyed the white collier friendly environment.

ConsHigh level of politicking going on throughout the company

Corona Call Center

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Corona, CA

I worked at ARS Rescue Rooter full-time for more than a year

ProsThis is a great way to gain call center experience. You will learn a lot about customer service and most employees are nice.

ConsTo begin with first I want to say that I really cared about my employees but there are reasons it did not work out. First there is a lot of favoritism from long term management. You are working in a 24 hour office environment and you work holidays and rarely get pay raises. In fact you have to put your holiday request in a year early as only 2-3 people can have the holiday off. High turn-over as it’s a call center, it is what it is. Best advice is if you are going to work there just stay as a customer service representative as the higher up you go they will load you with responsibilities with minimal instruction and if they do not get the results they like they will tell you that you are not performing your job properly and it’s your fault. If other people are not doing their job properly it’s your fault and if you bring it to their attention nothing gets done as there is so much favoritism there. Then they will bring another person on you’re your title and work side by side with them and ignore you and play the blame game. There really are not a lot of other areas to move or advance in the company. And there is a lot of drama. The write up process is pretty extensive and there are a lot of closed door meetings and they really enjoy terminating employees. It’s a hostile work environment. They are military structured and there is no flexibility if you are sick or even a minute late to work. You show up to work when you are sick and if you are late too many days in a 6 month period you get written up or terminated. If your child is not feeling well and you try to call out this is considered an occurrence and goes on your employment record. So it’s best just to show up to work sick and send you kids to school sick and ignore the schools calls. Not a family friendly work environment. This is my experience with the long term management; however they have brought on a new manager so things may turn around. Best of luck to them!

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease take a moment to review your long term management there and do something about it.

Would never work here again

Costa Mesa, CA

I have been working at ARS Rescue Rooter full-time

ProsTruck, gas card, and toll car provided are really the only pros I can come up with. Also, most of the techs are pretty good guys.

ConsNo home life and management doesn't care since it doesn't affect them. Management plays favorites. Excessive amount of overtime required. No growth opportunities even if you have the right qualifications. Don't have enough techs to handle all of the jobs and no wants to come work for the company. Prices cut for late night and weekend calls and management no longer filters calls for it to be emergency only, so you work 24/7 when working on call and don't get paid well for it. Management is not there to support you when needed on nights and weekends.

Advice to Senior ManagementHigher intelligent management and maybe some that don't drink when they are "on call" to handle emergency calls. Techs and management should be held to the same standards. Evenings and weekends should be emergency only calls. The rest should be scheduled for standard week business hours.

Liars and Thieves... NO ETHICS AT ALL

Sales (Former Employee)
Orlando, FL

I worked at ARS Rescue Rooter full-time for less than a year

ProsGood Sales Incentives as a Nationwide Company. As far as locally, there really aren't any pros. I loved our Direct Sales Associate Manager, who cared about us, but was played like a puppet by upper management.

ConsWas hired as a full time person with benefits, and within a few months all of us were taken down to less than 20 hours. They knew this would be the case, because the summer is busy, and the winter it's not as busy.

No Teamwork encouraged. Never met staff that we walked by every Thursday. No training. No communication. When we would call to follow up on a clients status for a client, they would say "we don't have time to talk". This was what I would swear was their Motto. We felt that it was easier for us to tell the client to call the company, because then they would talk to them. Us as employees, were told, "we're too busy, we don't have time to talk on a constant. We were even told NOT to call in with any questions.

One that was in charge of posting our commissions was getting $50 kickbacks from the Comfort Advisors when a sale occurred and then posted as a LOST acct., hence we weren't getting paid on it. She quit and then was just re-hired even after they found out about it. Sales Staff were never introduced to the rest of the management that was in the office or the inside staff, that we all walked by every Thursday which did work on our accounts.

Advice to Senior ManagementEncourage Teamwork, and hold inside office staff accountable, by having their work be proofed. This avoids theft from you as a company, and us as hard working sales people.

Management is reactive rather than proactive and creates unnecessary competition within company.

Sales (Current Employee)
San Diego, CA

I have been working at ARS Rescue Rooter full-time for more than a year

ProsGood benefits overall, provides company vehicle and gas card. Some on-the-job training available.

ConsNot enough technical training. Company teaches technicians how to sell rather than plumbing techniques. Horrible local management. General manager was not a leader. Reacted out of fear rather than planning ahead and leading local office with confidence. Employees treated with disrespect, mistrust and like bad little children.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat employees with more respect. Trust them, give them the necessary tools to be successful and they will be trustworthy and succeed.

Terrible

Dispatcher (Former Employee)
Saint Louis, MO

I worked at ARS Rescue Rooter full-time for less than a year

ProsThe office was always cool and clean. I don't really have too much positive to say.

ConsNo help when you run into a problem or need help. Look over your shoulder kind of work atmosphere. Hired me and put me in a position that they knew I didn't belong in. Over powering and sneaky. The General Manager fired me on one of my most productive days. Then demanded I resign and I told him under the conditions that he write me a letter of recommendation, they fired me and it took two weeks to get the letter. I also stated that my fiancee was pregnant at the time. The GM looked me dead in the eye and shrugged his shoulders.

Advice to Senior Managementno comment

Learned a lot

I have been working at ARS Rescue Rooter for more than 5 years

ProsGood place to start and learn the Trade

ConsMust get along with right click to become a top performer. Some are too aggresive with homeowners and use scare tactics to make a sale.

Advice to Senior Managementinstill better ethics to techs

Worked for ARS Rescue Rooter? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at ARS Rescue Rooter reviews and ratings. All 10 reviews posted anonymously by ARS Rescue Rooter employees.