ARS Rescue Rooter Reviews

1. Great company

Current Employee - Comfort Advisor
    Current Employee - Comfort Advisor

I have been working at ARS Rescue Rooter

Pros

The pay is pretty good as long as you can sell.

Cons

They own you as far as your hours are concerned

Pay the on call tech just to clear his day and hold the radio.

2. I've had a mostly positive experience with this branch. There's definitely room for improvement.

Former Employee - Accountant in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Accountant in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at ARS Rescue Rooter full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Friendly people and a pretty laid-back environment. If you focus on your job and are accountable you won't have any issues. Benefits are decent and they offer yearly raises.

Cons

A fair amount of petty office drama and micro-managing. Also not too much room for advancement both inside the branch or into the divisional or national offices. Lack of understanding between the corporate office and branch needs.

Look for talent in your current employees and give them opportunities to succeed.

3. Dishonest

Current Employee - Home Depot Lead Generator in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Home Depot Lead Generator in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at ARS Rescue Rooter

Pros

People will learn how not to be by watching these folks

Cons

They do not pay for their spiffs that they promise too, They tell lies to there Lead Generators so they will spread the lies to potential customers. They promote dishonesty

Repent!

5. immediate hire

I have been working at ARS Rescue Rooter part-time (less than a year)

Pros

It's a quick interview process the pay is great if you are a great to decent sales person.
    the job is relatively easy once you get past the fear of not making your first two weeks quota.
    They have a very friendly work environment.
    meetings are fun and exciting.
    I also got to make my own hours with the note I had a hour limit and I had to work just about every weekend.

Cons

The training process isn't really a training process at all they just plopped me in a home depot store and told me to go get some leads after one day of orientation. they had a supervisor watching for a little while but all he did I was give a few pointers and leave me hanging with little to any previous sales experience.
    They are overruled by corporate which is a bit cutthroat when you don't make them any money for even a short amount of time even when their product is off seasoned.

Great job wish I didn't have to leave.

6. I hated every day!

Former Employee - Service Technician in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Service Technician in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at ARS Rescue Rooter full-time (more than a year)

Pros

They had work for you everyday.
    Commission split is the best in the industry.

Cons

Because they still use PAPER tickets you have to go to the shop every morning.
    You don't get paid while you are waiting around the shop in the morning.
    You are required to work every other Saturday.
    You don't get paid while waiting for dispatch (sometimes it takes more than 30 minutes).
    Depending on whose dispatching, you could end up driving more than an hour between jobs.
    You don't get paid drive time, unless you go outside of the magic circle. Then you only get paid ONE WAY.
    Most of the jobs are tune ups.
    The tune ups are less than $40. This means most of the customers don't have money and many of them expect you to fix their unit for $40.
    They have weekly production meetings where they pass out a sheet with everyone's numbers. They belittle and threaten the people on the bottom of the list.
    They expect you to sell a NEW system if the existing one is older than 5 years old.
    They don't want you to really fix anything, just sell new systems.
    If your numbers were low they would send you home before you got to 40 hrs (usually on Thursday.) Then they still expect you to come in on to work on Saturday.
    The three stooges get all of the good calls. Everyone else gets scraps.

Treat people with respect.
    At least listen to the suggestions your current employees have. They might surprise you with some good ideas.

7. Excavator & backhoe in underground utilities

Former Employee - Backhoe Operator in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Backhoe Operator in San Diego, CA

I worked at ARS Rescue Rooter

Pros

I need a job today

Cons

No challenge at 20 years experience

Good environment

8. Sales Associate

I have been working at ARS Rescue Rooter part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I worked for ARS Rescue for almost 3 years. I was a sales associate and walked around Home Depot generating sales for the company. I loved the store I was in they treated me like i was one of there own . the only thing i liked about the job was the pay and commission.

Cons

I hated this company they didn't appericate there employees espically the ones out n the field. We had to work Christmas eve and holidays while the office was closed. There was a lot of favoritism going on.

Management is oblivious to hvac operation and obsessed with selling equipment

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at ARS Rescue Rooter

Pros

Pay and commissions for selling

Cons

management cares mostly about techs selling or turning over equipment 10 yrs old or older. They prefer to have techs sell equipment than repair it. Was chastised by management in Lafayette Indiana branch repeatedly for fixing equipment and not turning the customer over to sales dept. I have to sleep at night and cannot see the benefit in selling new furnaces when a 200.00 repair is all that is really needed.

Hire managers that understand hvac equipment and dump the "sell it or move on" attitude. Being honest with the customer will garner more respect and trust from the community you serve and build a better workplace

Good company, with horrible management.

Former Employee - Install Help in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Install Help in Nashville, TN

I worked at ARS Rescue Rooter full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great pay with good benefits. Plenty of business opportunity to get training if needed. You work in pairs which is good.

Cons

High turn around rate. Mostly due to unfair practices. Lots of favoring. Stop showing difference Between workers and be honest about a person's skills.

Stop favoring and judge on a person's skill.

11. Great company to work for, but the management isn't open to front line employee suggestions.

Former Employee - Dispatcher in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Dispatcher in Nashville, TN

I worked at ARS Rescue Rooter full-time (less than a year)

Pros

At the Nashville office, there is great company morale for the most part. They reward often for a job well done.

Cons

Unfortunately in Nashville, there was no room for advancement in the office side.

Be open to the front line employee recommendations. They are there and see what is really working and what is not. If you are sitting in an office all day and not doing the dispatching or call center positions on a daily basis, you really do not understand what is needed for improvement like the front line employee is.