ARYZTA Reviews

Updated October 1, 2014
Updated October 1, 2014
2.1

Denis Lucey

nice perks for employees, not really any room to grow, management actively seeks feedback. Satisfaction depends on dept

Former Employee - Fundraising Support in Ogden, UT
    Former Employee - Fundraising Support in Ogden, UT

I worked at ARYZTA full-time (more than an year)

Pros

(Ogden, Utah sub company Otis Spunkmeyer) Nice perks for employees, they have freebies of products in the lunch room like their cookies and muffins they also include fruit. Good spectrum of benefits that were affordable. The latest I ever worked was until 6. If you are just looking for a company to chill with and don't care to move up it is a good place to be. Overrall good environment

Cons

Company going through a lot of change. Felt like cloak and dagger. Tried to put employees at ease so they would not quit, but it just backfired. No real room to grow.

allowing favored employees to "run the show" and not giving enough positive attention to employees that are actually working hard

Review if the company

Former Employee - Receptionist
    Former Employee - Receptionist

I worked at ARYZTA

Pros

After 90 days your vacation kicks in

Cons

They don't pay there employees enough, they do everything at the last minute and expect you to drop over hoops, employee moral is very low I can go on and on

Perfect employer for those willing to sacrifice life for work!

I worked at ARYZTA full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Allows one to work 24/7 without any regard to life! Perfect for those expecting minimal raises. Perfect for single individuals or those who can afford a nanny to provide care for your family.

Cons

Inexperienced management, lack of life/balance, lack of cross-functional teamwork, unachievable financial targets, expat management that lacks family values, 2 weeks vacation and 7 company holidays, inefficient processes, motivated by bakery closures, lack of empathy for the "common citizens of the U.S.", value in profit before human values, lack of understanding of industry, and many more!

Understand that work is not the most important thing in life. Working individuals to the point at which they break is not healthy for an individual or the company! It's time for ARYZTA to value their employees and not just expecting them to give up life for ARYZTA! If you desire to work 24/7, I truly feel sad for you, and especially your family!

Needs a culture change

I have been working at ARYZTA full-time

Pros

Very good pay and benefits

Cons

Work life balance not so good.

aggravating

Current Employee - Mixer in Vinita, OK
    Current Employee - Mixer in Vinita, OK

I have been working at ARYZTA full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

the people in production are good hardworking people

Cons

management sets rules and procedures and then they don't follow them themselves under trained staff and this place relies on the buddy system too much. plus worked there almost 4 years only one raise

get a clue and tell corporate what we need

This Place is Terrible

I have been working at ARYZTA full-time

Pros

There are no pros about working here. I have never experienced such terrible leadership, policies, and Human Resource personnel in my life.

Cons

I do not even know where to begin. Lazy workers, gossip, clicks, mandatory overtime, no work life balance, no continuous improvement; this is a company that is stuck in the 90's.

Get a clue. Do a better job retaining the true talent instead of letting them walk out the door.

Just "OKAY."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ontario, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ontario, CA

I worked at ARYZTA part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Free soda and water. Some of the people in the office are friendly and appreciate your hard work. They train you enough to get by.

Cons

Down times, sometimes you feel like you're not needed, gossipy work environment, takes over a year to get hired on from a temp agency, lay offs with a slight of their hand.

Need a little bit more encouraging.

Solid, reputable company. Proud to say I worked their

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative

I worked at ARYZTA full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I enjoyed working for Otis Spunkmeyer. My immediate supervisor and managers were some of the best I ever worked for.

Cons

Due to company re-alignments the entire structure of our office changed for the worse and my position became just a "job". The work atmosphere ceased being enjoyable anymore. Too many VP's, too much empire building.

Remember when you grow, you need to take your soul with you

Going down hill fast, the Irishmen leading the way!

Former Employee - Management
    Former Employee - Management

I worked at ARYZTA full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Used to be a good Company, no going through re-org fanaticism trying to increase profits and asking everyone to do their job and 3 others.

Cons

Horribly led, blind leading the blind. I think there are literally 500 people with "DVP" or "SVP" titles. Too many chiefs and not enough Indians and they seem to have no idea what they are doing at the top. The Company is organized in to little silo's or fiefdoms and every silo does it's own thing without regard for any centralized strategy. Maybe I'm wrong and there is a strategy, but they keep it to themselves, making sure no-one knows what that strategy is. It's starting to get comical.

Get a refund from your Irish management school, they ripped you off.

A work in progress

I have been working at ARYZTA

Pros

A great place to gain experience in the field you enjoy to start building your resume.

Cons

Probably not the place if you are looking for high compensation or training programs.

Training should be a focus for employees and better HR/Employee relationship building. Company needs to remember to place focus on team building as well.