AS Hospitality

The Best Job I ever Had.

Current Employee - Human Resources in Memphis, TN
    Current Employee - Human Resources in Memphis, TN

I have been working at AS Hospitality

Pros

A S Hospitality is a great place to work. The Values and Committments of the company are upheld in all aspects. Employees are treated fairly and with respect.

Cons

I really don't have anything bad to say about the company other than it would be great if all employees were striving to build the company into the best that it can be.

Listen to the employees. Everyone has ideas that are worth listening to. Encourage employees to perform to the best of their ability and proudly pat people on the back when they have done well.

New management working to improve interdepartmental communication.

I have been working at AS Hospitality full-time

Pros

Most of the people are very nice. Several shifts available so some flexibility with schedule. Ample opportunities for overtime work at times.

Cons

Pay is below market value. Benefits are expensive. Lack of communication between departments causes mistakes / loss of revenue / wasted work. Overtime often required on very short notice. No sick days / emergency vacation. If you don't schedule time off at least three days in advance, policy indicates manager may give you an infraction. 3 infractions in 90 days is termination justification, so maybe not a good fit if you have small children.

Improve communication between departments and hold each person accountable for doing their jobs properly. If they can't, get someone who can. You came up with a great new set of vision and values, and you should really use them.

AS Hospitality is a place to avoid.

Former Employee - Key Operator in Memphis, TN
    Former Employee - Key Operator in Memphis, TN

I worked at AS Hospitality

Pros

The pay is decent and the benefits are good. Some of the co-workers were a pleasure to work with. They have normal business hours for most employees, although they also have a second shift. They sometimes give free lunches to the employees and have a yearly staff picnic.

Cons

The middle management is incompetent and rude, the location is a horrible crime-ridden part of Memphis, and many of the co-workers are hard to work with. They also promote the wrong people. I think it is incompetently organized. Some managers complained about my work to other managers instead of to me directly.

Think before you hire middle managers. Do not just take their word as the gospel truth. If they make a bad decision, review it and use your own judgment.

AS Hospitality Photos