ASARCO

Add Photos

Manuel E. Ramos

Very good company

Intern Electrical Engineer (Current Employee) Tucson, AZ

Prosvery nice people, I worked as an intern last summer

ConsI don't think that there are cons in this company

Good Place to Work & Good Pay

Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) Hayden, AZ

ProsGreat schedule and vaction allowance, pay is good but not the top in the industry. There is a mix of great managers and some not so great just as in any large corporation.

ConsUpper mamgement is stuck in old thinking and much of the eqipment is very outdated.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat you salary employees better they are the ones making it happen for you. Promote you employess from within and stop hiring peole that don't have a clue about what they are doing simply becuase they are willing to work for cheap.

Disappointing, over and over again.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Kearny, AZ

ProsSome really great people work there, but they wouldn't if the small community nearby wasn't held ransom by lack of jobs nearby.

ConsPenny wise, pound foolish. There are example after example of decisions that make employees stop caring, stop going extra mile, and finally quit.

Advice to Senior ManagementLocal mgmt.: Stop being "yes" men, stand up for what is right. As long as you allow this culture, it will remain.
    Corporate mgmt.: Get a clue... you are so out of touch, it's just silly.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Learning experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosexcellent benefits and working environment

Consrigid procedures and not open to new ideas or methods

ASARCO is disorganized, wasteful, and promotes incompetence.

Engineering Intern (Former Employee) Ray, AZ

ProsSome of the largest mining equipment in the world is employed there. It is really neat to see and you may get a chance to ride in a haul truck if someone likes you.

ConsCommunication between personnel is poor, which often leads to confusion on various projects. ASARCO is wasteful in the sense that there is much reusable/recyclable materials, such as HDPE piping, that is strewn across the property. The company does not use their energy efficiently. For example, the company allows liquid sumps to overflow back to the bottom of the pit where energy is wasted on pumping the fluids a second or third time. ASARCO also has many supervisors that are unqualified for the positions they fulfill, which leads to inefficiencies in the workplace.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would advise the management to clean up the property, rethink how energy is being wasted across the mine, as well as get rid of incompetent supervisors. ASARCO should stop allowing people to be hired to a position simply because the applicant is related to a current employee. Hire based on merit, not on personal connections.

Has been a good learning experience.

Intern (Current Employee) Sahuarita, AZ

ProsMining is very interesting, and the scope of the process is huge. Lots of things to learn and see. Most people are great to work with.

ConsCan be dangerous and dirty. Never know what will go on with the unions; it seems to be a territorial culture sometimes.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay bonuses!

Good work place

Metallurgical Engineer (Current Employee)

ProsGood pay, excellent benefits, and vacation

ConsDangerous job sit , work out side

Advice to Senior Managementkeep up good work

Great company to work for

Security (Former Employee)

ProsGreat benefits, great pay, excellent retirement plan.

ConsCompany has changed ownership, gone thru bankruptcy, etc. A little bit scary sometimes.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou're doing a great job!

Worked for ASARCO? Contribute to the Community!