ASC Process Systems

www.aschome.com

ASC Process Systems Reviews

3.4

David Mason

A good company for my first job

Current Employee - Mechanical Engineer in Valencia, CA
    Current Employee - Mechanical Engineer in Valencia, CA

I have been working at ASC Process Systems full-time (more than an year)

Pros

- Good pay and good raises (at least for me)
    - Lots of responsibility for a new engineer (my first real job)
    - Interesting and challenging projects (autoclaves and ovens)
    - Good co-workers. A fairly young group of engineers.
    - Use newest software (CFD, FEA, Inventor, Compress)
    - Friendly manager
    - Company is growing (they're hiring more engineers constantly)

Cons

- Bottleneck getting your drawings and calculations approved.
    - Can be stressful when deadlines are coming up.
    - Sometimes tough to get the shop to work on your project
    - Have to work with some difficult personalities in the shop
    - Often a time-crunch to get drawings out to the shop

Streamline the approval process for drawings and calculations.

Too many chiefs not enough Indians.

I worked at ASC Process Systems full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Hardly any, unless you KNOW someone (in which if you are related to someone) or kiss ass to higher management will you succeed in this company.

Cons

There are so many things that I can say about this company but I'm going to sum it up for anyone out there looking for a career. Management will put you down as if you can find another company like ASC (FALSE). They will brain wash to believe anything, things as change rules are always broken they make up rules as they go. HR favors supervisors (FLIRTING, BETTING ON GAMES, CHATTING), you will see it for yourself, NOISES company I know, Women be careful what you wear, OWNER of the Company Gudrun Mason will stare at you up and down (NO SHAME), Dave Mason talks to you like your no one, he knows best and that's that he makes no mistakes (FALSE). Most of the Engineers are lazy and will do anything to make himself look like the victim. Safety was just added (2012 I believe) so beware Field regulations are still not up to date. Some production workers are asked to travel last minute or even during holidays (NO MONEY IS WORTH LOSING YOUR FAMILY) they have caused a lot of break ups and cheating husbands caught during field work. IF YOU ARE SINGLE THEN ASC IS PERFECT FOR YOU! that's the truth if you have family it will not work in your favor. They may give you small raises like 10 cents just to shut you up until next year. Shipments are always late, customers complain on a daily basis, field personnel always missing drawings. They also have once a week meeting to talk about all the bad things everyone does during working hours. ALL supervisors are noisy there are no secrets no privacy. ASC STANDS FOR ALWAYS SOMETHING CHANGING.

Learn to be honest and have integrity.

ASC Process Systems Response

Aug 25, 2013President

We are surprised that someone who worked at our company for more than 3 years disliked the experience as much as this employee says he/she did. They certainly didn't voice their concerns prior to ... More

They have their act together

Current Employee - Electrician in Valencia, CA
    Current Employee - Electrician in Valencia, CA

I have been working at ASC Process Systems full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I've worked at a dozen other companies and ASC is the first one that seems to have their act together. They have a nice facility, outfit it with lots of new equipment, and they have a high focus on safety. ASC is a medium sized company but still has a small company feel. Nice cafeteria with flat screen TVs. There is mandatory overtime (10 hr per day), but I and most of my co-workers like that, especially near Christmas time. Every month they bring free pizza in for all employees. As I said, safety seems like it's the most important thing here, which is much different than my last jobs. My pay is good and benefits are also good. They also pay bonuses to shop guys for working on successful projects.

Cons

Some guys here complain too much. I think they need to quit and see what other companies look like. Shop supervisors and managers are ok but they tend to get a bit exited some times. Engineers can be annoying when they come out and ask stupid questions about their Econoclaves. They should teach us more about the Econoclave especially the plumbing and what the parts do.

Thanks for the job. Get rid of the complainers and bad apples. Spread the bonuses to more people. That's it.

Very motivating

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Valencia, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Valencia, CA

I have been working at ASC Process Systems full-time

Pros

ASC is a company that is fast paced and challenging. ASC rewards their employees as a whole, with random pizza lunches and company picnics. This company provides a decent medical and 401K package along with a few other benefit packages. I have been with ASC for some time now and have seen many changes throughout the years coming from a small hole in the wall this this 100,000 sq. ft. bldg. I am impressed yearly as to how fast and large The owners have built this company and still managed to keep the a little of the mom and pop feel. I left and then came back just like many others have in the past, and I must say the second go round has been even better so far.

Cons

Being here for some time now and have seen many many changes and growth with ASC some good some bad. I had left and came back just like a lot of others have done as well. There are managers and supervisors that could use a little help with their managing skills although I have seemed to get mine too learn to like me.. Some managers really need to work on being a team player instead of throwing people under the bus and stop using their position to their advantage of being right. Dave and Gudrun have a pretty good grasp on how their business should be ran although at times a little quick to snap but with the help from some of these reviews they have been making changes that are noticeable. I was one of those who "put egg on their face" but knew I was wrong. This company does give you the tools to succeed it's up to you on how you use them, However I think more appreciation to those who deserve it and acknowledgement of a good job would be helpful. Now I am not speaking for myself just things I have noticed. and it would be nice if the owners were a little more approachable.

Manage not Micro-manage

Great company to be a part of, challenging (just like any other) and rewarding.

Current Employee - Management in Valencia, CA
    Current Employee - Management in Valencia, CA

I have been working at ASC Process Systems full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The company has grown tremendously within the last 4 years and has been an excellent experience just to be a part of this success. ASC has focused on acquiring the right personnel to fill key positions (management, quality, engineering and fabrication personnel) in order to provide the necessary resources for the well-being of its employees and success business.
    Throughout the growth of ASC, the work environment (both office and shop) has always been one of the cleanest, most comfortable and professional environments I have ever worked in throughout my career. My colleagues as well as I, constantly receive compliments from visitors, contractors and customers regarding the positive impression made by the cleanliness and professional appearance of the facility, products and employees.
    Upper management actively listens to individual’s concerns and ideas on how to improve processes, work environment and rewards them for contributing.

Cons

Cons have been and are being addressed by the company in a timely manner (in my opinion).
    However, I am very disappointed that individuals (previously or actively employed by the company), choose to make negative comments and allegations about the company and it’s employees, through the use of postings in the internet rather than “taking the bull by it’s horn” and addressing those concerns themselves.

Continue focusing on creating a positive environment for employees. Most employees are proud to be a part of the organization but are intimidated by others (senior). The intimidation is fading with time and those others who are not adapting to the change will eventually buy in (with time).

Great Company for Those Motivated to Succeed

Current Employee - Private in Valencia, CA
    Current Employee - Private in Valencia, CA

I have been working at ASC Process Systems full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Remuneration is competitive
    401k matching is 6%. This is considerably higher than I have received at other companies.
    Vacation plan is aggressive. You earn at a faster rate than most companies.
    Employee parties and nice end of the year gifts
    Nice building
    The company is growing quickly and is dominating an emerging market.
    Employees have plenty of room to move up the ladder
    Employees are encouraged to think outside the box and generate solutions to problems
    Small business feel with big company projects
    Job security for consistent performers
    President will take time to listen to you if you have issues
    Great opportunity to learn several systems and programs

Cons

Company is running lean in engineering and management. This leads to high workloads
    Engineers and managers are in high stress positions
    Safety is paramount but, it is overbearing at times and can cause frustration
    President is blunt and aggressive at times
    Hours can stack up quickly with the workloads
    Salaried employees are still required to punch a time clock
    No training or professional development programs in place

Allow managers time to actively manage their team and encourage talent development.

This is a very challenging job, which means success here is also very rewarding professionally and also pay-wise.

Current Employee - Office Staff Member in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Office Staff Member in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at ASC Process Systems full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits of working start with the experience gained working within a medium-scale worldwide business, the basics are great w/health coverage, 401k (company kicks in additional 6%), vacation weeks per year by tenure, company also offers to pay higher education costs for relevant experience, and the workspace in Valencia is a pleasant, open environment. The people are all pleasant and professional and share a common work ethic in that each of them is facing the challenges of our labor collectively. Annual reviews, pay commensurate with performance, and clearly defined goals for growth have all been great. Management puts a lot of trust into employees to get things done right, which is also good for those of us with initiative.

Cons

Many days seem like there are not enough hours in the day to get everything done. Really would like better work/life balance but I accept that sacrifice given the perks of the job.

I'll tell them in person.

Non-stop action at ASC Process Systems

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clarita, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clarita, CA

I have been working at ASC Process Systems full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good compensation and benefit package
    Standard day shift hours
    Good core of Engineers,office staff, and fabricators working with one common goal
    Company is ISO certified which brings a higher level of expectations for productivity
    Company in thriving and continually growing
    Random pizza and doughnut days for FREE!
    Owners respond to employees suggestions to implement positive changes were identified.
    Great summer picnics and winter holiday parties
    New facility with nice lunchroom and associated amenities
    Small company feel

Cons

Work load at times may require long days (typical with growing companies)

Keep the core values that have helped the company grow to its current state
    Continue to absorb feedback from employees to make positive changes for the better
    Administer an "Employee of the Month" incentive program
    Build a culture of trust along with employee appreciation

Great Internship

Former Employee - Engineering Intern in Valencia, CA
    Former Employee - Engineering Intern in Valencia, CA

I worked at ASC Process Systems as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

All internships are paid, and all interns are able to work on actual projects. It's real working experience, and not just something to add to the resume. The product the company sells is very large, unique equipment, and I learned a great deal while working there. They design and manufacture the equipment at their headquarters, which makes it an interesting place to work at because you get to see the machines being built right there. My supervisor was a super-nice guy who was genuinely interested in me. I met with the president of the company when I interviewed, and he took a lot of time telling me about the company and the products they built. He seemed like a good guy, and I appreciated that he took so much time. The facility is brand-new and everything, including the computers and software I was using, was new. I made some good friends while working there, and overall everyone was really nice and helpful. The company is always growing, and they usually have job openings, which is good to see in this economy.

Cons

If you like things nice and slow, this may not be the place for you. I liked that I was able to design a very expensive machine, but it could be intimidating for some.

Advertise your internships more. Work with more universities to get the word out. There are lots of students out there looking for experience.

Great learning experience, challenging, great company to build a career with and grow within the organization.

I have been working at ASC Process Systems full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

ASC constantly focuses on standardizing and continually improving processes in all aspects of the business. Everyone understands the vision, but all take the lead to initiate this process.

Cons

Lack of empowerment and communication. Communication barriers exist just like any other company would have, from management down to the shop level or visa versa.

Continue to focus on empowering employees to make decisions and improve communication throughout departments.

ASC Process Systems Photos