ASI (Accessible Space, Inc.)

www.accessiblespace.org
Profile Unclaimed

ASI (Accessible Space, Inc.) Reviews

Updated February 26, 2015
Updated February 26, 2015
1.8

CEO

Absolutely rewarding experience

I worked at ASI (Accessible Space, Inc.)

Pros

Good benefits and company values

Cons

Not enough collaboration with corporate management

NCEP very rewarding work but management is horrible.

Former Employee - Employer
    Former Employee - Employer

I worked at ASI (Accessible Space, Inc.) full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Working with the clients and seeing their inspirational progress.
    Fellow direct care staff supportive to each other.
    Providing a great service and changing lives.

Cons

MANAGMENT
    No employee support or praise
    Quick to reprimand
    Management does things they yell at staff for
    Interact with your employees and clients
    Supposedly no money for improvements and supplies

You should value and praise your employees not just yell. If you are going to reprimand staff for something than don't do it yourself. Lead by example not by fear, criticism and punishment. Listen to your employees they have some great ideas and then follow through. Talk to your employees and clients not just walk through and ignore everybody. Maybe do something to promote NCEP and show some pride. Coming to work and/or working a full day might help. Emphasis on the word WORK. It might not hurt to take some management classes to learn some team building and positive management styles.

Good learning experience. Treat employees like crap.

Current Employee - Resident Assistant in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Resident Assistant in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at ASI (Accessible Space, Inc.) part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Helping people who can't help themselves.

Cons

Supervisors are mean and rude.

Learn how to smile and how to communicate with respect.

I worked in this place, I never seen a place so messed in my entire life.

Former Employee - ASI in Silver Lake, WI
    Former Employee - ASI in Silver Lake, WI

I worked at ASI (Accessible Space, Inc.)

Pros

You learned in a very fast way how to survive in a jungle, with real snakes dressed like
    Managers and Supervisors .

Cons

Usually they are "Nuts" and they like to humiliate the employees.
    Most of the times they not have any degree or a basic knowledge about how to guide a business with respect and dignity. I will never let on of my relatives living in such a mess.

Get out there.

No support unless big issues arise.

Current Employee - Site Supervisor in Saint Paul, MN
    Current Employee - Site Supervisor in Saint Paul, MN

I have been working at ASI (Accessible Space, Inc.) full-time

Pros

It's very flexible. As a site supervisor, I am not at the main office and can work independently to create my own schedule and run things as I see fit.
    It's also very rewarding to help people in need, I thoroughly enjoy it.

Cons

You get very little support from the main office unless a huge issues arises.
    It is also hard to get any timely follow up on anything you need from the main office. You need to stay on top of them and send follow up emails, which is a huge waste of time.
    A pro for me is that I can work independently, but this is ultimately a con as some supervisors take advantage of this and are rarely at the sites. Thus, running them into the ground.
    They also promote internally based on seniority, which is fine. Except you don't know how someone works because you never go out there to see them. They run the site into the ground, then get promoted to the main office, and then a new supervisor is hired to clean up the mess.
    On-call 24/7, 365 days a year.
    Lastly, they pay horrible for PCA staff. It's hard to retain any good employees when they could just go to a hospital and make almost double per hour.

Stop promoting internally based solely on seniority.
    Get organized so that follow up emails and phone calls aren't necessary in order to get things done.
    Try to be more supportive to everyone that isn't at the main office.
    Pay resident assistants more money to retain good employees.
    Create a rotating on-call schedule, instead of expecting supervisors to be on call at ALL TIMES.

Good benefits, too much middle man turnover!

Former Employee - Caretaker
    Former Employee - Caretaker

I worked at ASI (Accessible Space, Inc.) full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Some very competent heads of office... (some)
    Benefits are good

Cons

Way too much turnover in middle management, makes it too hard to relate & solve issues. Thus making lower end jobs issues, which creates even more turnovers & firings !
    Pay is FAR below the areas average!

I believe if the pay was compensatory with the job, there would be less firing & a more skilled & happier working environment !

No care for employee or residents in Spokane

Current Employee - Property Caretaker in Spokane, WA
    Current Employee - Property Caretaker in Spokane, WA

I have been working at ASI (Accessible Space, Inc.) part-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Flexible work schedule to start

Cons

Fair Housing violations pending, vacant and ready units sitting to long, hurry up and wait, redundancy in direction, low wages for area, mishandling residents reasonable accomadation requests, required to post back dated notices to prior to federal REACT inspections, changing instructions without letting you know , then disiplining for not following unclear directions, double standereds letting some employees email others may not, residents can e mail caretaker may not at Spokane location, allowing some residents without vehicles to have parking space and others have been tiold"we"ll take care of it"

get a good lawyer

NCEP. Absolutely horrible management.

Former Employee - Tech in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Tech in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at ASI (Accessible Space, Inc.) full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

It's a job. You won't get fired because it's too much work for management to want to do.

Cons

Low pay and no appreciation. No budget to spend because management won't allow anyone to purchase needed supplies. The 2 ladies who run the clinic are best friends and have no idea how to professionally supervise employees. The 1 lady who is the director collects the only decent salary, delegates everything, takes credit for everyone else's hard work and doesn't even consistently show up to work. She has never worked a full work day since I've been there and leaves daily between 10:00am and 2:00pm. The clinical manager, and best friend, covers her butt while busting everyone else's and showing little to no appreciation for jobs well done. Don't work for these people! You'll be miserable. Lowest employee morale I've ever seen.

Start showing up for a whole work day, learn what being supportive to your staff means, and if you're at work, work. Do something productive rather than delegate everything to everyone else. You should demand no more than what you yourself are willing to deliver. Dictatorship has never been a successful form of leadership.

Resident Assistant

Current Employee - Resident Assistant in Duluth, MN
    Current Employee - Resident Assistant in Duluth, MN

I have been working at ASI (Accessible Space, Inc.) part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

There are not many... some nice client's. Clean building. Money coming in to pay bills. Not far to travel to work site.

Cons

Low pay. No full time in Duluth, MN. Insecure Management and Staff with Paranoia. Very high turn over rate. Would not put my family member there. Gossip is terrible.

Get new Management at work sites. Bad reputations travel fast.

very low pay wage for the position & poor managment

Current Employee - Caretaker in Reno, NV
    Current Employee - Caretaker in Reno, NV

I have been working at ASI (Accessible Space, Inc.) full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Some very helpful and knowlegable people at the front office. Benefits are very good and on the lower payment end. They are, generally, very caring of their tenants.

Cons

They seem to have a "do it or else" attitude.....Site managers seem to be over worked or are not up on policies.The pay rate is ridiculous and below even normal standards, not sure how they get away with such a low end pay scale!!

Pay your people to the indusrty standards !!