ASI (Advertising Specialty Institute)
www.asicentral.com Feasterville Trevose, PA 150 to 499 Employees

ASI (Advertising Specialty Institute) Reviews

Updated Apr 10, 2014

Timothy M. Andrews

Sales Account Executive

I have been working at ASI (Advertising Specialty Institute) full-time for more than 5 years

ProsProvides onsite daycare for parents and other amenities such as dry cleaning and cafe, competitive salary, flexible, PTO, and good benefits package.

ConsOpportunity for growth diminishing. Transitioning into call center. Management ignores any input for marketing and technology.

ASI ranks top of my list of employers

Foot Soldier (Current Employee)
Trevose, PA

I have been working at ASI (Advertising Specialty Institute) full-time for less than a year

ProsI enjoy working at ASI because the company is very generous to it's employees especially during the holidays. Everyone in my department (including my supervisor) works hard and they share information which is a huge problem in most companies. I am challenged and appreciated all the time. Everything that they promised me during the interview came true. I am encouraged to think outside of the box and there are plenty of projects to go around. When I was going through a family members illness they were very accommodating and emphatic which really helped while I was going through a real difficult time. My supervisor is cool, easy to talk to and he manages our group well. I hear that there is a lot of office drama but I don't know anything about that, I just come to work everyday, work hard and go home with a great sense of accomplishment. I've been around for a long time and I have worked for a few company's and although no company is perfect ASI comes pretty close. If I have it my way this is be my last place of employment.

ConsIn my opinion it's hard to find any issues with ASI but if I have to put something down it would to have more PTO.

Advice to Senior ManagementHow about "Profit Sharing." Let the employee's have a stake in the company and see the productivity soar.

Beware of the claims made by these reviewers such as “ASI truly rewards hard work” and “Like having a little Silicon..."

Trevose, PA

I have been working at ASI (Advertising Specialty Institute) full-time for more than 3 years

ProsThe location is superb for tri-state commuters. The office campus is safe and the commute is short.

ConsI believe it's very unethical to submit positive reviews just to inflate their dismal ratings submitted by their former and current employees. It’s one thing to boast that this company offers many benefits, but writing one sentences for a con? Com’on,…. It’s just to show how this company undermines a individual or prospect employee looking to apply for this company. By the way, for any prospect employees looking to apply for this company, don't be misguided by the "attractive" benefits they offer, there are not that special from any privately own company.

Advice to Senior ManagementHR management, instead of trying to win “Best Places to Work” award, why don't you spend more time listening to employees for needs, wants and concerns. Like most employees, their job statuses are a major concern because your company has a quick turnover.

Mar 7, 2014

ASI offers a comprehensive benefits package including Blue Cross Blue Shield Medical, Express/Medco Rx, Delta Dental, Aetna Life and Disability coverage, 17 days of PTO for new hires, 22 days for ... More

Very Stressful.

Feasterville Trevose, PA

I worked at ASI (Advertising Specialty Institute) full-time for more than 10 years

ProsSome nice people and interesting vendors.

ConsStress filled environment. Anyone here over 7-10 years is in constant fear of losing their jobs. The days of employees being here 10, 15, 20 or more years are dwindling, unless you are family or otherwise connected. Most people will not go to HR with complaints for fear of being fired on the spot or other retaliation, despite HR's claims to the contrary that there will not be any retaliation. Employees reviews are fairly ridiculous, you will get good reviews until you are being set up to be fired then suddenly you no longer know your job and cannot perform properly. They promise assistance to help you "get back on track", but you do not get promised assistance.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou have some good people there, respect them. You have some good management, listen to them and support them. Give comprehensive training by people who actually know the material and be consistent with your whole staff. Fair treatment for all.

ASI truly rewards hard work.

Feasterville Trevose, PA

Prosfriendly, positive personalities; genuine care and reward given by the Cohn family (owners); Casual atmosphere- jeans 5 days a week; awesome perks: Starbucks, full-service cafeteria, weekly retail vendors, day-care, on-site fitness classes, gym membership reimbursement, over-the-top parties/events; Diversity Committee; volunteer/charity opportunities; tuition reimbursement; matching 401k; paid day-care after birth/adoption; convenient location

ConsJobs can be demanding- must have a strong work ethic to reap the rewards

Advice to Senior ManagementBe sure to hire for personality and trainability over experience when possible. A strong work ethic and positive attitude cannot be trained!

Started good, ended bad

I worked at ASI (Advertising Specialty Institute) full-time

ProsStarbucks is the only good thing I can think of.

ConsHigh school politics, managers who do not have the experience or skills for the position, unclear goals. They will make up a reason to get rid of you to hire cheaper employment. The quarterly meetings with the CEO are just to pump up certain depts. Most people do not like going but are forced to. Despite comments to the contrary, there is no back up for employees having problems in their own departments. You are left to flounder until they can get enough "reason" to terminate you.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen assistance is promised, deliver. Give clear guidelines, especially on supposed problems. Be consistent. Be aware.

Like having a little Silicon Valley in Bucks County.

Manager (Current Employee)
Trevose, PA

I have been working at ASI (Advertising Specialty Institute) full-time for more than 10 years

ProsGreat jobs including technology, multi media, marketing, editorial, web and graphic design, finance, etc in a location convenient to the Turnpike, 95 and Rte 1. Offer great perks like onsite daycare, Starbucks Cafe, free fitness and yoga classes, tuition reimbursement and family friendly environment. Great for new grads to get started in a career. This is a profitable business model and stable workplace.

ConsYou need to be a team player. Lone wolf personalities have difficulty being successful.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure employees are engaged and growing. Share opportunities to try new things, make mistakes and learn.

Very bad choice for people who want meaningful work and normal treatment

Feasterville Trevose, PA

I worked at ASI (Advertising Specialty Institute) full-time for more than a year

ProsUsed to have some good professionals before management got rid of them

ConsTotal incompetence of upper and middle management, very bad treatment of employees, dirty politics which control everybody and everything

Advice to Senior ManagementQuit

Feb 6, 2014

I'm not clear on the reference to "dirty polictics." ASI has over 450 employees in creative, technical, marketing and financial positions. Managers are open to discussing any issue as well as the ... More

I enjoyed my time and learned a lot, but had to leave to move up.

I worked at ASI (Advertising Specialty Institute) full-time

ProsASI is loaded with great and hard working people. There is a family environment that starts with the ownership. The company itself is constantly pushing forward with innovative business solutions for it's customers.

ConsInternal talent and leadership is taken for granted by senior management, in favor of the external unknown. This makes it difficult to move up.

Feb 6, 2014

ASI offers tuition reimbursement for training including; certifications, Bachelor and Master degrees. Pays up to $2,000 per course. ASI promotes employee success through learning and growth on the ... More

Middle Management

Database Architect (Former Employee)
Trevose, PA

I worked at ASI (Advertising Specialty Institute) full-time for less than a year

ProsPlease read Cons. In a short period of time working here and bad experience, I really could not focus on any pros of the company. Good luck to you if you would like to try. I heard later the manager was no longer work there.

ConsWorked there as Sr. IT. I was hired after I took a pay cut. In reaching my 3 months, I was asked to be separated. When I asked the middle manager for a reason in front of HR. He gave no answer. I was suspected if it was due to my salary too high at the time. When I check the Glassdoor, my salary was in par with Sr. Director of the company. That proved that my salary could be more than the manager's at the time. By doing so, he really screw me up with financials and my next job opportunity. If you could not overcome your ego, don't hire those who deserves more.

Advice to Senior ManagementC level management should hire the middle tier managers with good judgement.

Feb 6, 2014

I'm sorry we don't have a Sr IT that was exited after 3 months. Our IS team is solid and growing. We are searching for a Sr. Systems Administrative, Desktop Support Specialist, Sr. Web Developer ... More

Worked for ASI (Advertising Specialty Institute)? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at ASI (Advertising Specialty Institute) reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for ASI (Advertising Specialty Institute) CEO Timothy M. Andrews. All 28 reviews posted anonymously by ASI (Advertising Specialty Institute) employees.