ASI Government

ASI Government Reviews

Updated Jun 30, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Great Place to Gain Responsibility and Grow Your Career!

ProsI have been with ASI for approx. five years. Previously, I worked for a large defense contractor where, to be honest, I felt like a number, rather than a valued employee. So when I joined ASI, I was delighted by the culture I found there! The organization was big enough to operate in a sophisticated manner, but small enough to foster collaboration and even friendship at every level.

Even better, I found that the more enthusiasm I expressed, the more responsibility I was given. Suddenly, I had a portfolio of work that rivaled professionals with 10 additional years in the workforce. Over time, I took various leaps of faith, cross-training with other departments and taking on new roles.

Today, I have a role, a set of experiences and a group of colleagues I never could have imagined at my previous employer – or really anywhere else. In addition to great work, I truly enjoy my co-workers and manager and am delighted that my journey brought me to ASI all those years ago.

ConsIt's a challenging time generally to be in the professional services industry, but we've fared well, particularly in relation to other firms.

ASI Government

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood people dedicated to customer satisfaction and strong teamwork

ConsBusiness Development and Proposal Management group extremely difficult to work with -- very poor interpersonal skills. The executive leadership is more focused on making money than taking care of its people, especially where proposal development is concerned.

Advice to Senior ManagementReplace the Director of Business Development

On a roll!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Arlington, VA

ProsDeep capability in acquisition from transnational to strategic solutions...and the greatest people! Engaged, open, honest communications across the company. Just won largest contract in ASI history with a huge pipeline that will provide growth in the future. I'm pumped. Love my team. Excited about the prospects.

ConsTough industry environment with sequester and a shutdown in 2013 which had far reaching impacts. Finally looking like things are moving in government again.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Work here if you are looking for your second career.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Arlington, VA

ProsGood place to work as a second career. The company loves to hire based on years experience and looks for at least 15 plus years. Most employees have 25 to 30 years experience.

ConsAwful place to work if you are starting your career or are looking to enhance your career or want to exercise professional consulting skills.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe company does more staff augmentation than expert acquisition management consulting, which is what grow the company. ASI management should decide what value it wants to provide the federal government and then either stick with staff augmentation or go back to being acquisition management experts.

Worked for ASI Government? Contribute to the Community!