ASI Government

Updated July 28, 2014
Updated July 28, 2014
3.1

CEO

Great Place to Gain Responsibility and Grow Your Career!

I have been working at ASI Government full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I have been with ASI for approx. five years. Previously, I worked for a large defense contractor where, to be honest, I felt like a number, rather than a valued employee. So when I joined ASI, I was delighted by the culture I found there! The organization was big enough to operate in a sophisticated manner, but small enough to foster collaboration and even friendship at every level.

Even better, I found that the more enthusiasm I expressed, the more responsibility I was given. Suddenly, I had a portfolio of work that rivaled professionals with 10 additional years in the workforce. Over time, I took various leaps of faith, cross-training with other departments and taking on new roles.

Today, I have a role, a set of experiences and a group of colleagues I never could have imagined at my previous employer – or really anywhere else. In addition to great work, I truly enjoy my co-workers and manager and am delighted that my journey brought me to ASI all those years ago.

Cons

It's a challenging time generally to be in the professional services industry, but we've fared well, particularly in relation to other firms.

Company does great work. Awful at work/life balance.

I worked at ASI Government full-time

Pros

office culture, innovative, creative, diverse workforce

Cons

unrealistic work/life balance. Company structure and organization is confusing at times.

ASI Government

I worked at ASI Government full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good people dedicated to customer satisfaction and strong teamwork

Cons

Business Development and Proposal Management group extremely difficult to work with -- very poor interpersonal skills. The executive leadership is more focused on making money than taking care of its people, especially where proposal development is concerned.

Replace the Director of Business Development

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

On a roll!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

I have been working at ASI Government full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Deep capability in acquisition from transnational to strategic solutions...and the greatest people! Engaged, open, honest communications across the company. Just won largest contract in ASI history with a huge pipeline that will provide growth in the future. I'm pumped. Love my team. Excited about the prospects.

Cons

Tough industry environment with sequester and a shutdown in 2013 which had far reaching impacts. Finally looking like things are moving in government again.

Work here if you are looking for your second career.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Arlington, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

I worked at ASI Government full-time

Pros

Good place to work as a second career. The company loves to hire based on years experience and looks for at least 15 plus years. Most employees have 25 to 30 years experience.

Cons

Awful place to work if you are starting your career or are looking to enhance your career or want to exercise professional consulting skills.

The company does more staff augmentation than expert acquisition management consulting, which is what grow the company. ASI management should decide what value it wants to provide the federal government and then either stick with staff augmentation or go back to being acquisition management experts.

Worked for ASI Government? Contribute to the Community!