ASI Gymnastics

Updated September 24, 2014
Updated September 24, 2014
3.5

David Holley

ASI Gymnastics is an amazing place to work!

Current Employee - Gymnastics Coach in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Gymnastics Coach in Dallas, TX

I have been working at ASI Gymnastics full-time (more than a year)

Pros

You get what you put into it! You are able to coach full time and receive benefits, which is very rare in this sport. It is a fun atmosphere to work in. The management is great! They listen to what you have to say and provide an incentive program to encourage personal and economic growth

Cons

Not the typical hours, due to kids being in school during the day.

Good pay, great coworkers, family atmosphere

Current Employee - Gymnastics Coach
    Current Employee - Gymnastics Coach

I have been working at ASI Gymnastics full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Best job in the world, great pay

Cons

Short shifts, have to work 4-6 days a week to be important employee.

Great Place to work if you love kids

Former Employee - Customer Service Manager in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Customer Service Manager in Dallas, TX

I worked at ASI Gymnastics full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great fun atmosphere, working with kids and parents. Relaxed work environment (coaching with bare feet, or closed toed shoes) good middle management.

Cons

Not a whole lot, hours are a bit unconventional, but pay is decent, you are rewarded for good work in both Customer Service and Coaching.

Haven't been here in a few years so not sure.

Working at ASI is like walking on egg shells with the big lion (David holly) watching the monitors.

Current Employee - Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at ASI Gymnastics

Pros

No pros to enter here

Cons

The management is horrible and if you give them what they want they are happy. If you ASK for anything they punish you. I know a couple of people that are working 45+hours here and management will not let them become full time because they don't want to give them benefits. The "higher ups" don't want to deal with anyone and even when there are complaints within the gym they can care less. They are very unappreciative but great at buying your employment!

Budget cuts? You earned about 10.1mil and you need budget cuts. Disgrace to hard workers. You should really learn to appreciate your workers before you're business goes down.

Fun Fun Fun

I have been working at ASI Gymnastics full-time

Pros

-Have fun with children!
    -Flexibility
    -Support from management
    -Training
    -Benefits
    -Maintain a weekend life!

Cons

Cannot think of any cons.

Keep up the great work!

Forever Young

I worked at ASI Gymnastics

Pros

Awesome environment if you love kids

Cons

Need to know gymnastics if looking to work a lot.

Some of the best managers I've ever worked with

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Conroe, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Conroe, TX

I worked at ASI Gymnastics part-time (less than a year)

Pros

-Is really busy, then theres downtime. So you have time to calm down from the stress
    -They make sure you know what you're doing before they throw you into it
    -There's always someone available to answer your questions
    -You get to decorate for Parent's Night Outs!

Cons

-Parents are entertaining, but not the most positive at times to deal with
    -Children can interrupt your work, so you have to be able to really focus
    -Drama among co-workers

Keep doing what you're doing, it's a great company.

Under appreciated and under paid

Former Employee - Coach
    Former Employee - Coach

I worked at ASI Gymnastics part-time (more than a year)

Pros

there are very little pros about working for ASI. The only pro that immediatley comes to mind is being able to work with kids and the joy that comes with with exceling.

Cons

Management does not appreciate their workers. I had over 13 years of gymnastics experience between competition, coaching and Judging. I was maxed out on their pay scale and it was not enough to deal with the headache that management likes to bring upon the coaches. This place does not encourage gymnastics performance. You are paid extra for the number of beginner classes you coach but are not compensated for the advanced classes you teach. If you are serious about gymnastics, then this is not a place for you to work. It is discouraged to actually condition your kids, and encouraged to hinder the progress of your kids.

I have also seen the owner behave very unprofessionaly to female coaches at ASI celebrations.

restructure your company and realize that you need to take better care of all your coaches not just the ones with the highest student counts.

Not a friendly place to work

I have been working at ASI Gymnastics part-time

Pros

Working in the gymnastics field

Cons

You are very resricted..the pay is horrible and everyone is so scared to speak up about anything. Everyone walks around with the fear of losing their job.

Get a real chain of command to allow employess a place to take their concerns

Questionable...

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Dallas, TX

I worked at ASI Gymnastics

Pros

-Many of my coworkers were very nice
    -I had the opportunity to do administrative work and work with children
    -Casual atmosphere
    -Great part-time work, especially if schedule boundaries are set from the start
    -At times a best it is a fun work environment

Cons

To be fair, I worked at ASI a few years ago so, with hope, they've improved since then... They are really great at hiring people who aren't great, just ok, at what they do (coaches, camp staff, etc.) and paying them just enough to stick around for a while. I was actually treated pretty well during my time there and had a great manager for a while but senior management is terrible. They come in and demand changes but don't offer the support that each gym and its staff needs. For the most part, employees are completely overworked but ASI magically figures out a way to get out of paying overtime. I have actually seen a gym manager go over timesheets and cut hours (in other words, fail to pay employees for time that they've already worked) because the extra time was unauthorized. (In most cases, this was an extra twenty or thirty minutes that the employee got stuck staying after their shift for one reason or another.) We were also required to work "charity" events (for free) that were widely publicized as charity by the gym... yet the gym kept a hefty chunk of the proceeds for "operating costs" and what not... so the employees could take the hit, but the company couldn't. We were also often required to work Saturday night events with the promise that "everyone had to" but mangers and senior management would never show and, if they did, it was only to drop their kids off. One really great thing about this company is that they train their employees very well. I have been able to take my skills and experience from ASI to several other positions. Also, for high school and college students, the pay is usually better than most other part-time jobs.

Be fair to your employees. Don't ask for things that you would never do yourself (i.e. donating your time/money).