ASI System Integration

Updated Jun 20, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Chris Mammano

Make sure you know your stuff.

Field Technician (Former Employee)

ProsGreat experience in a short amount of time.As soon as your feet touch the ground and you are out on the road responding to sites-you will encounter a vast supply of technical issues.

ConsThe pressure of meeting SLA time frames and you can sometimes feel as though your work isn't really rewarded. It's higher than minimum wage but doesn't pay the bills and by the end of the work week you have spent on gas and carfare. It is reimbursed to you, but you can still feel as though you are broke.

Advice to Senior ManagementUpper management seriously needs to become a lot more personable.

HORRIBLE COMPANY TO WORK FOR

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsI dont have no pros!!!

ConsRacist and selffish management... No room for growth...

Run while you're ahead...

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThere are no pros for working for this company...Not one!! You lose money when you're supposed to be making money.

ConsToo many to list. No travel reimbursement, managers are liars, never 40 hour work week. Managers are liars. Disorganized.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe so called director "tries" to intimidate you with his wanna be Tony Soprano act. This company is a joke!!!

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Useful learning experience but unsatisfying pay and stressful environments at times.

DOE Field Tech (Former Employee)
    New York, NY

Pros- Reimbursements for travel and vendor certification expenses.
    - A wealth of experience and knowledge from encountering new problems on a daily basis.

Cons- The Field Technician's income is very poor. Hundreds of dollars has to be spent at the beginning to achieve the required tools and devices to perform the work. Now add rent, other bills and utilities. At the end of the day, technicians are broke individuals with very little to save or spend.
    - The environment can get quite stressful at times due to time constraints or running into a new issue during a fix and then having to figure out how to repair it.
    - Doing tasks that are not entirely part of the job description is an annoyance. It's best not to state "Capable of lifting heavy equipment, up to 50 pounds, on a periodic basis" since there are moments where Technicians lift equipment over 100 pounds (servers, huge printers) by themselves to get the work done.
    - Research is common and necessary to succeed at this job since there are hundreds of different models of printers, laptops, desktops, servers and the like that may need replacements of specific parts to resolve the issues. Won't gripe about this one too much since it is to be expected but it can be tiring and sleep is lost at times.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter compensation for the Technicians who put in the effort to make sure that the customers are satisfied. It is an important consideration because most would eventually leave in search of better opportunities especially the highly adept ones. Give raises because it helps to boost the moral of your employees. Many technicians feel as if they are not cared about for their accomplishments. No motivation and rarely any genuine job praising.

Not Female Friendly At All

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsI guess there's a few, let me think for a minute. Oh yeah - the benefits are OK, training and certification. Good place to get some experience, just don't stay there too long.

ConsThis has to be one of the worst places to work if you're a woman. At best you're patronized and ignored. At worst, you're publicly made to feel like a worthless, idot. And don't even think about going to HR. They're all in the same club with management.

Advice to Senior ManagementWake up. In the US, we have laws that are supposed to protect people from discrimination and harassment. And it's not the 1960's and 70's anymore when men could get away with treating women like dirt in the workplace.

Management?

Sales (Former Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsThere really weren't many pro's to working here. Getting some good sales certs to put on your resume maybe?

ConsUpper management is utterly clueless and are so far disconnected from the sales team it's borderline comical. The pay wasn't good at all. Job was constantly being threatened. No room for advancement as they keep bringing in outside sales managers and don't even give you the option to apply for a managerial positiom from within. Was threatened with my job for "socializing" too much (even though most companies call this "collaboration" or "working in a team environment").

There is no company culture. There's no training for employees and they just threaten you to get certs from the manufacturers they try to forge relationships with.

They value no one but their top 3 or 4 performers. One time they presented the top salesman (who already made $150k+) with another $2k bonus. I understand rewarding top performers, but no "rookie of the year", no "most improved", no Presidents Club to strive for...a simple, "here you go, salesman who already makes more money than 99% of the company" award.

Looking back on my time at ASI, I have to say, it made me miserable. Leaving was the best thing I could have done.

I try not to write negative reviews on a lot of things, but I don't want to see a salesperson fall into this company under the wrong pretenses.

Advice to Senior ManagementCompletely need to revamp upper management which will NEVER happen.

Currently working employee for over 4 years..Looking for a direct hire position

Desktop Support Tech (Current Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsYou get experience..If you are lucky enough to go to different sites and get promoted to better positions. Not everyone is fortunate though.. I was one of the fortunates to have gotten a great position but being under paid about $10,000 for the position.

ConsPure lies starting from the hiring phase. HR promised raises every few months. This company is the cheapest, low balling, every excuse giving company i have ever seen. It takes threats to leave, to sometimes get paid your fair share. Raises are extinct and sweated under the rug. They expect you to give it your all but, don't give you any incentive. Feels like a slave shift. From the first day i came into the company, people was complaining about their wages and they all warned me about ASI lying and making empty promises. After 4 years, i have become one of those people and its pathetic.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone...I actually like some managers..I thing its more on the Executives and ruin it for everyone. Just for a raise, you need everyone starting from the top, to approve it.

Clueless On How To Treat People

(Current Employee)

ProsMany education and training Opportunities. You will be encouraged to obtain a number of vendor certifications.
    Benefits are OK, 401K is good.

ConsManagers constantly play games with people. It's one big power play for them. Depending on the manager, there's little or no recognition for a good job, and little or no communication. You have to guess at what you're supposed to be doing.
    They wait until the last minute to ask you to do something, then get very impatient if you don't get the task done quickly. They are very rigid, very black and white. They just don't see any gray area at all.
    At least everyone gets treated the same - poorly.

There is a lot of in-fighting between executives and managers. A very dysfunctional hornet's nest.

Advice to Senior ManagementWake up and try treating everyone as valued professional - you might get a better result.

Company is Unprofessional, Discriminate Against Women, Egotistical CEO, President, Vice President

ProsBest reason to work there is where the company is located.

ConsLow pay, management give raises to themselves while they pay employees poverty hourly rates. They hire non-experienced Management employees who knows nothing about laws and what governs employees. They believe lies before listening to truthful comments. The company patronizes employees who has been working with them a long time and feel they can do no wrong. What they do is fire you and keep the bad seeds.

Advice to Senior ManagementRestructure your management team. Make sure you really meet the criteria for hiring all backgrounds. If you recall some of your old employees, maybe your business will last.

One Star is being nice. They have a contract for half of NY City Schools and better keep it cause ASI is horrible!

Account Executive (Former Employee)
    Cherry Hill, NJ

ProsYou have a job kind of

ConsI would say they are out right thieves in my eyes. But wait I can back it up. What would you call a company that once you left to work for a so called competitor out of Florida did the following....

Last direct deposit into my bank account for my salary was taken back out and they refused to pay it back. I even got an email from their legal council out right telling me I would not see that or any commissions owed to me, or as he said another cent from ASI. (further explained at end)

Purchased a company I worked for that I had customers for over 10 years. Made us sign non compete contract and after my pay plan caused my pay to drop to just over 30k I obviously had to leave as I had a sick wife and 2 kids. Was served with papers threatening to sue me for breaking the non compete over customers as far away as California that I had for 10 years before my 1.5 year nightmare working there. Also threatened to sue the company that hired me which ended that job in order to protect their accounts!?

Little stuff like getting emails inviting out satellite office in Cherry Hill NJ to the Christmas Party in NY, just to get another email saying that invitation was sent to us by mistake.

More little stuff like, being written up for not doing my job during a period my dad was at home on hospice and my siblings and I were taking turns taking care of him and I missed time because he had several tia's before he passed. And of course no card or any acknowledgement of his death.

Back to the thieves explanation, I figure out they owed me over 3k for the direct deposit they took out and commissions owed. It took me a year of working with Wages in Hours (you the state department that stops thieves like ASI for doing this to people) and the day before their so called legal council had to show up for court to explain why ASI were would not pay.... The sleeze bag legal council emailed me and the Dept of Wages and Hours a copy of a certified check they were over knighting to me and there was no reason to go to court!

I DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU CALL A BAD COMPANY BUT I ASSUME ASI WOULD FIT THE BILL.

This all happened over 3-4 years ago and I still get furious when I think of how much money they have cost me and how much my family suffered just so some blow hard legal council could flex his muscles against a guy that just barely made 30k under a non compete to protect their company from financial harm. You know what ASI I hope you lose your NY School Contract (maybe do to your very questionable pay ethics). Until then be very proud of yourself you ruin a man and his family to prove how powerful your were. Bravo, good show and I bet your mother's are sooo proud of the way they brought you up!

Advice to Senior ManagementHold your money close cause you have nothing else that would make you anyone to be proud of.

Worked for ASI System Integration? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at ASI System Integration reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for ASI System Integration CEO Chris Mammano. All 41 reviews posted anonymously by ASI System Integration employees.