ASOS

Add Photos

ASOS CEO Nick Robertson

Nick Robertson

5 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

fast paced, reasonable staff perks but retail function undervalued/overworked

Buying (Current Employee) London, England (UK)

Prossummer fridays - the option to finish at 3pm from june-sept is amazing. sometimes hard to get away if you work in certain functions.

summer social was good fun - free flowing drink and great food and entertainment

great discount - 40% off clothing, 20% off beauty and pretty much next day delivery to HQ - it's pretty great!

approachable and easy to talk to retail management - open to new ideas which is positive and refreshing

Consretail function seems undervalued - product/buying aren't overly valued - lack of representation of product at brand strategy. we could be selling credit cards the way the business strategy was presented. it's disappointing coming from Arcadia (TS) where product is king.

remuneration is merely ok - in line with competition but feel the pace of work is much faster and there's a lot more pressure

lack of bonus despite making 45m PROFIT due to not making forecasts set by EXEC BOARD. sales are up double digits on the year so most of the functions have more than over performed

not very inspirational location - morning ton crescent has nothing really going on other than sainsburys/pret for lunch.

Advice to Senior Managementget to know the retail functions - find out what buying, design and merch do and listen to input/create more forums for feedback and facilitate REAL change. taken pay/promotion models etc. from the ancient arcadia system but could think about structuring in a new, more relevant and fair way to reflect other parts of the business.

we're doing really well, but i feel like lack of bnous despite double figure millions profits seems a little greedy. m&s exec board went without to show employees how much they valued their hard work.

lip service and 'we're all in the together' emails don't suffice when some junior members of retail staff barely make minimum wage when you break it down by the hours they work.

look more into making flexitime a real, workable option for all employees - we're a company founded on tech - why not embrace remote/new ways of working. research has proven, people will enjoy better quality of life but output will be the same if not more. more hot desking?

Amazing

Freelance Photohgrapher (Current Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsThe company has a great working environment with people from very diverse professional backgrounds. It is a fun and exciting environment to work in.

ConsTight deadlines, but the team was always very well connected and in sync with communication and everybody pushed hard to achieve goals.

Advice to Senior ManagementThis is a great company, I think management have done their best effort to keep employees satisfied and interested in succeeding within the company.

Great people shame about the politics

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsReally good bunch of people and great if you like a work hard play hard culture. GLH office is a great place to work and summer hours and the 40% discount are brilliant perks.

ConsPolitics and blame culture means that if you are not in with the right people then you won't have career progression or be rewarded for your hard work. Management seems to favor people with a more aggressive hard nosed style rather than friendly and outgoing which is seen as a weakness.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Excellent work life balance and benefits.

QA Engineer (Current Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsExcellent work life balance and benefits package, good pension scheme, shares and bonuses, good salaries. Summer working hours, huge discount (more than other fashion retailers), weekly sample sales, quirky and well equipped office, free fruit. Very intelligent colleagues and inspiring, passionate people. Young and vibrant. Small company culture. Good support and training but you have to be a 'go-getter' to succeed and fit in. CEO and directors approachable.

ConsSometimes feels a little clique-y perhaps due to the average age of 27 and the industry. A lot of contractors come and go. Hard to get up to speed because of the fast pace and sheer size of the technology department with a lot of projects ongoing simultaneously.

Very social, great team, treated like a 'resource'

Senior Developer (Former Employee) London, England (UK)

Pros40% discount
    Generous benefits package
    Very social

ConsHard to create change
    Too much management
    Poor salaries

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your developers better and you'll have a team that can deliver real value, not just another project.

Worked for ASOS? Contribute to the Community!