ASPire Financial

Be The First To
Add Photos

Pete Kirtland

Overworked and under paid

ProsGood hours, good location, family oriented management, hard working employees

Conssmall overworked teams, low pay

The team is great, everything else is not

Client Services (Current Employee)

ProsMy team members are 90% great people and I like working with them.
    There is free covered parking.

ConsLeadership, from the immediate manager to the CEO is lacking. The philosophy is do more with less, having 5 people doing the job of 8. That is prevalent throughout the company not just my department.
    The benefits are the worst I've had at any company.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou can't keep good people by paying nothing and offering these benefits. The do more with less may work in situations where you have a very engaged workforce, but that is not the case at Aspire.

Keep looking

ProsNice coworkers, good location, nice professional building, gym on site open mon-sat. Cafe on site, covered parking.

ConsNo 401k match, no option for overtime, one 30 minute lunch break, garbage benefits, HIGH deductible health insurance, terrible training process, old and slow operating systems, bad structure, miserable work day

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Bigger isn't always better

Billing (Former Employee) Tampa, FL

ProsMany years ago, this was a fabulous place to work. I enjoyed every single day that I was there. The original owners really cared about the employees and we were all a part of making this growing company successful. Over the past couple years, this has really changed.

ConsThe current line up of middle and upper management doesn't fit the culture that was originally what made ASPire so great. Many employees that added great value have left because the company has lost it's way. Employees that were there a very long time and who cared about it were not rewarded with overdue promotions. Instead many outsiders were brought in as directors, but are a terrible fit.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy advice to the CEO would be to bring back the ones that added great value and try to restore the internal culture to the way it was when the employees truly cared about the success of the business. Many people work there because once upon a time we made a difference, despite the non-existent benefits package and marginal pay. When you have a staff that cares about your company, that is relayed in an organic way to your clients.

Current Employee

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Denver, CO

ProsHands down the worst place I have ever worked for.

ConsThis company has upper management issues. The turn over is incredibly high around 70%. They over work their employees and are constantly letting good employees go because of terrible managers. This company does not offer a match on their own 401k plan which is our industry. They do not care about the employees needs. Horrible place to come to everyday!

Advice to Senior ManagementYou need to get some management staff that cares about the employees. Not just managers who are only concerned with their own year end bonus!

Sr Loan Officer

Senior Loan Officer (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

Prosteam oriented, positive atmosphere, great leads

Consslow underwriting, funding lines of credit

Advice to Senior Managementcommunication

Aspire....to move on

(Current Employee) Tampa, FL

ProsThe people that work there are all dedicated and really go the extra mile. Some of the managers are really knowledgeable and are the best. They put in the blood sweat & tears to grow the company.

ConsSome of the managers have no experience in the industry and only were promoted because they were at the right place at the right time. Also, we work in the retirement industry and you don't provide a 401k match to employees? Employees have more work then we know what to do with and they don't hire anyone-a team of 5 can be doing the work of 16-it's pathetic and this mentality will backfire. When you can't service your clients, they will find someone who can.
    The worst part? Being part of the fastest growing companies in 2011-you didn't even give out raises to people you promoted.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire some people who have leadership abilities and experience or just hire... People are burned out

Worked for ASPire Financial? Contribute to the Community!