ASUREA Reviews

Updated July 31, 2014
Updated July 31, 2014
4.2

Brian Pope

A company that treats their employees like they are family & ALWAYS willing to help you in anyway possible!

Current Employee - Mortgage Protection Specialist  in  Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Mortgage Protection Specialist in Orlando, FL

I have been working at ASUREA full-time for less than a year

Pros

The family environment at Asurea makes me wake up every morning and can't wait to get started helping all of the families I come in contact with!

Cons

In my eyes there isn't any cons with Asurea. Hands down the best company I have EVER worked for!

Keep doing what you're doing because it's working!! :)

Life Insurance Broker

Current Employee - Life Insurance Broker  in  Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Life Insurance Broker in Portland, OR

I have been working at ASUREA full-time for more than a year

Pros

Company feels much like a family...you can access anyone at any level and they genuinely care to give you good feedback. Schedule is flexible, you choose when you want to work...though you must be very self-motivated for this.

Cons

It is difficult to really make good money. You need to be ready to put in a lot of hours and deal with a lot of rejection to make it to the top, though it is doable. Hours are mostly in the evenings and weekend mornings so this is not a 9-5.

I think the pay structure could use some work, but it seems that they are making efforts to improve this.

Family atmosphere and very motivating!

Current Employee - Director  in  Roseville, CA
    Current Employee - Director in Roseville, CA

I have been working at ASUREA full-time for more than a year

Pros

The work environment is warm and much like a family. I can trust those around me and look forward to going to work every day.

Cons

The insurance industry changes often as well as technology. Staying on top of it can be difficult but making sure it's all communicated appropriately is a challenge.

Communicate. Communicate. Communicate.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great opportunity with a specific focus

I have been working at ASUREA full-time

Pros

very friendly work environment. There's no micro-management and a very relaxed company for being in sales. Some great personalities and i've made a lot of friends here.

Cons

need to be on your toes and ready to handle a lot of new ideas. There's a handful of owners so there are new, creative ideas that need to get implemented from time to time.

communicate and trust your workers.

Great place to work!

I have been working at ASUREA full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

ASUREA has a fun culture and great working environment! I enjoy the energy and sense of family.

Cons

Better communication would be great and a better website, which I know we are diligently working on so that is forthcoming.

I think it would be great to have more company events, we always have so much fun and it is really helpful in team buliding.

Great place to achieve my goals with like-minded people

I have been working at ASUREA full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I've worked for ASUREA for more than four years. We are average, everyday people who work hard and play hard.

ASUREA's executives work hard to share their vision with the team and promote teamwork, fairness and a "roll up your sleeves and get the job done" attitude. Every executive is willing to help with the task at hand.

Cons

We are a large company and communication is a challenge. It's not for a lack or want, but the message doesn't always get to every player; something we're all working on.

Keep the lines of communication open and depend on the team that you've built to implement your vision.

After being laid off in 2009 I needed a new job, and found a home.

Current Employee - Director Programming  in  Roseville, CA
    Current Employee - Director Programming in Roseville, CA

I have been working at ASUREA full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The work is challenging and exciting. I have worked in the IT department and support some of the hardest working, dedicated people I have ever had the good fortune to know. I have worked for over twenty five years on the distribution side of insurance and ASUREA is special. Life insurance distribution in the US has been changing over the last twenty years, and in ways much different from other financial services. Working with a group of like minded people focused on driving that change rather than becoming a victim to it, is what gets me up early everyday. Protecting families and building customer relationships comes first here and I'm proud of that. I'm proud to be a part of it.

Cons

If you haven't heard, the life insurance industry is changing, and experts from organizations like LIMRA will tell you they don't have the answers yet. A lot of life sales organizations are in their sunset years running out the clock, waiting for the gold watch, which is comfortable, which is predictable, which is routine. ASUREA isn't one of the places. ASUREA is a high energy environment and it's not for everyone. It takes the right kind of person that is willing to put in the hard work it takes to build something, knowing that each step allows you to take another. To be successful here, I think you also need to be flexible and willing to pitch in regardless of your title or position. Some people crave structure and depend on adhering to procedures, and such a person probably isn't a good fit for this company. While ASUREA does have policies, it is people ahead of procedures.

Continue to build on the bright spots. Continue to let us know what we need to do differently. I'm a big fan a management by walking around. More of that would be great.

High Expectations. Great culture.

I have been working at ASUREA full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

A driven and success-oriented company in the tradition of "work hard, play hard." New ideas and plans are always in the works. People work together well to ensure we achieve our goals.

Cons

In this fast paced environment a breakdown in communication quickly reverberates through the entire organization causing a short term misalignment of goals.

Keep stakeholders aware of changes in course.

Great place to work

I have been working at ASUREA full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great People. Management listens and is open.

Cons

Fast pace and pressure is on to perform, but is reasonable.

Keep up the communication!

Stay far, far, far away!

I worked at ASUREA full-time

Pros

I had the opportunity to call a marvelous pile of 5+ year old "leads"--aggressive and disgruntled "prospects" who had already been endlessly harassed by Asurea for years--and get yelled at once again. Somehow, it was my fault that they didn't want to buy life insurance.

Oops, was this supposed to be the "pros" section? Well, there are no pros.

Cons

Of all the insurance/brokerage related companies I have been involved with, Asurea is far and away the biggest scam. This Craigslist-advertising racket has the nerve to charge agents *steep* rates for their terrible, worthless, laughable "leads" that are no better than dialing randomly from a phone book.

Their goal is to coerce new hires into quitting within two weeks (or outright fire them), so they don't have to be paid. The idea here is to have the new victim..er, agent..write just a few policies as he spends his own time, talent, and gas money into lining the company's pockets. After that, the employee is axed while the next round of suckers is hired (soon to be fired).

What a fortune to be made! Most of the work is done by people who are never paid a nickel.

If you are planning on quitting your job to work for these swindlers, you are a total buffoon. You would be better off working at McDonald's.

Stay far, far away. Don't take any risk with this scam. Just my two cents!

Move on to honest work.

Worked for ASUREA? Contribute to the Community!