ASUS Reviews

Updated September 15, 2014
2.6

ASUS President, CEO, and Director Jerry Shen
Jerry Shen

Pros
  • Great Colleges and working Environment (in 10 reviews)

• you can learn a lot in ASUS but without money (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Long working hours as compared to other companies (9 - 6 (in 4 reviews)

• Work life balance as product manager (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Growing company with inexperience sales and PM

Former Employee - Channel Account Manager  in  Fremont, CA
    Former Employee - Channel Account Manager in Fremont, CA

I worked at ASUS full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

like to use young graduate kids
    fun environment to work
    ok benefit with 401k match

Cons

politics in between two major teams
    very junior sales and PM, who just learn as they work
    no much market knowledge
    no bonus structure or keep on changing and you will never get a good bonus
    the longer you do, the higher chance to get promoted as director

Need to be Americanized to fit into local preference

Leading technology company

Former Employee - Product Marketing Analyst  in  Fremont, CA
    Former Employee - Product Marketing Analyst in Fremont, CA

I worked at ASUS full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

There isn't any advantages to working there...

Cons

Although very cool designed products.....they think they are Apple but they are not.....there is no work life balance and make sure you can speak Mandarin otherwise you are out of luck. I wonder where they hire their staff as most are right out of school who are both naive and willing to put up with the poor treatment of employees in exchange for experience.

They need to fire their entire management team as they are incompetent. They lack both leadership skills and compassion and typically terminate people by either phone or email as they have no guts and people skills.

Just a job not a career

Former Employee - Analyst  in  Fremont, CA
    Former Employee - Analyst in Fremont, CA

I worked at ASUS full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Stable employment - Unless you are terrible at your job, you will not get fired.

Teammates - For the most part, the people on any team are easy to get along with, however it does create a strong "Us vs Them" dynamic which is an issue.

Work Life - Full benefits for regular employees. Able to take time off as needed. You will not be fired for taking time off.

Products - If you can get hands of a new product, its pretty fun to play with before anyone else is able to.

Cons

Training - Learn as you go approach. No real training but preexisting habits you have to maintain for some reason.

Income - Not up to industry standards. Bonus entirely depends on your manager. Raises come very sparsely and in low volume.

Personal Growth - Limited mobility unless you have technical skills. Nominal funding for higher education.

Work - Entirely depends on your manager. Some require daily updates on what you do daily, some don't. Some people have meetings and high workload, others don't. Your manager has a vague idea of what they want you to do, then you're pretty much stuck there whether it is good or bad.

Work Life - High stress. Lots of products coming out, but no additional support to help, so a very strong 'do more with less' culture. Too many conflicting opinions coming from management and HQ. Very low communication between teams and management. High attrition and turnover rate. Company is very frugal in terms of spending for employee comforts and technology upgrades.

Culture - No one openly discusses the difference in cultures that exist here. There is a huge discrepancy between Asian and non-Asian lifestyles and its just assumed everyone can merge between the two easily.

Have more respect for your employees, both financially and professionally. There's a reason why turnover is so high and the fact that no one is addressing the issues is a serious problem. Please take more effort to have open communication with your employees and empathize with their needs.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

This company has absolutely shoddy corporate culture!

Current Employee - Service Analyst  in  Fremont, CA
    Current Employee - Service Analyst in Fremont, CA

I have been working at ASUS full-time for less than a year

Pros

Opportunity to learn logistics in the computer world.

Cons

Modern day electronics plantation work. Shoddy corporate culture, people do not talk to each other instead whisper in fear of retribution from managers. Absolutely horrendous office environment; think of a warehouse with some old furniture from the 80s, still being used till their useful life. Time off, and benefits do not start till a 90 introductory period for some reason. High turnover. In my very brief tenure there, I experienced a total of four employee departures.

There are two kinds of Asus workers; Taiwanese and the rest. Make sure you know Mandarin!

Wake up! Its 2014, you cannot run an electronics planation 80s style company in the modern day. Change the corporate culture to retain talent and get the company out of the archaic 1980s mindset.

Great products, nice people, but questionable long term career

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Fremont, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

I have been working at ASUS full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

- Friendly coworkers and management, I've never had a personal problem with anyone and untalented employee don't last long

- Willingness to listen/ change
    Depends on your team and manager, but I have made some changes that I did not think were going to be listened to. Sometimes you need to put a little extra effort in making the case.

- Good/ great products
    I'm excited whenever we come out with products, its an interesting company that makes really innovative products. Their is a dedicated fan base that I can relate to and enjoy

- Location
    traffic is also an issue in the South Bay, but it could definitely be worse, this building is in a good location

Cons

- IT infrastructure is a mess
    its bad, frequent server crashes, lack of response, they don't seem to have the resources they need to do their job adequately

- Too many out-dated systems
    our inventory is managed by a system older than I am, each system doesn't work with another, they aren't the most user friendly, desperately needs updating

- Average to low average pay
     believe that we would retain higher caliber employees if compensation was better, I consider if I can really make a long term career here 7 - 10 years out

- High turnover
    It seems too high and people here use ASUS as a stepping stone to somewhere else

- Old Building
    Nothing that exciting about the building, its not the worst either, but considering the size of the company, the facility should be larger and nicer

- Lack of training
    Our training process for each position is sparse at best, its definitely a sink or swim mentality, be better to have more structure in learning the specific roles and creating a shared database for referencing job functions and how to use the internal systems, left to your own devices much of the time, which builds your personally but hurts synergy

Invest more in IT infrastructure or exploring 3rd party services to fix the problems. Find the employees worth keeping and invest more in them so they won't leave. Formalize training processes and create a database where people can reference job functions.

Good company

Former Employee - Software Engineer
    Former Employee - Software Engineer

I worked at ASUS full-time for less than a year

Pros

Colleague and team members were nice.

Cons

Sometimes get bored when keep doing daily routines.

Share experiences with all team members and work smart

High Growth Company

Current Employee - Product Manager  in  Fremont, CA
    Current Employee - Product Manager in Fremont, CA

I have been working at ASUS full-time for more than a year

Pros

A rapidly growing company in an industry that is facing rapid decline and demise. You’ll get the opportunity to see very cool designed products.

Cons

This company has rapidly grown but processes have not caught up. Expect to be overworked with no resources. Not a bad company to join right out of school but might not be the place for the experienced professional.

Before you do anything; whether it be developing a new product, hiring for a new role, etc; insure the proper processes in place. Think Six Sigma.

A

I worked at ASUS

Pros

there are no pro here

Cons

Everything, management is corrupted, looks elsewhere

inside sales

Current Employee - Inside Sales  in  Fremont, CA
    Current Employee - Inside Sales in Fremont, CA

I have been working at ASUS full-time for more than a year

Pros

easy job, no sales goal

Cons

need a better management, salary is too low

better management

Review

I have been working at ASUS as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Good tablets for general purpose

Cons

not so good tv's, and computers

Worked for ASUS? Contribute to the Community!