AT&T

AT&T Reviews in Atlanta, GA

Updated Jul 20, 2014

AT&T Chairman and CEO Randall L. Stephenson

Randall L. Stephenson

Pros
  • The pay and benefits are pretty good for a job you can walk into from high school(in 267 reviews)

• Work life balance is fantastic - they never interfere in my free time(in 139 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance is the biggest struggle because of the long retail hours(in 208 reviews)

• Upper management will throw store management under the bus to look good to RSC's(in 253 reviews)

367 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Must be money motivated!

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsGreat pay, great insurance pak, wonderful incentives.

ConsMust meet sales quotes, customer service is actually a sales position.

It's good for now

Member of Technical Staff (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsGood discounts and not micromanaged. Lot's of different things to do within the company. Very good job security.

ConsNot very challenging, not much to learn, lots of hours. It's not an engineering company so pigeon holing is a risk if you aren't in a good department.

Work Hard, Play Harder

Sales Support Representative (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsSome of the pros is the ability to be promoted seamlessly. The pay is great and the benefits are awesome. You'll begin great friendships with your coworkers and after all the stress in the beginning, its a great place to work.

ConsSome of the cons deals with the management. A store's management team is never consistent, never on the same page, and never at one store for too long before they're sent to another. If AT&T stores aren't meeting their daily sales goals then that's the reason why. In order for associates to succeed they have to be comfortable with a management style, but whenever the associate is finally balanced, the management team is changed again and the associates are blamed for the reason the store's sales are declining or stagnant.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement needs to learn how to be consistent and opportunities for development before coaching associates. Corporate management needs to become more involved with store meetings and store visits because the way that these retail level managers speak to their employees and treat their employees is saddening.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Career Start...Former BSLDPer

Account Executive (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsAT&T BSLDP Program provides those right out of college or just starting their career a wonderful experience. Its a great way to learn the industry and gain all of the skills needed to do six figure jobs. I've worked at a few companies since leaving AT&T and overall its the best company I've worked for. If the AEs were compensated properly for ALL of their hard work the turnover would be a lot lower.

ConsThe pay is way too low for ALL of the work you are required to do.

A rollercoaster of highs and lows

Sales Support Representative (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsIt was a fun environment to work in, I enjoyed the company of my co workers and having the latest technology demoed was a sweet deal. Benefits and 401k was great if your a full time employee. Union reps were accommodating.

ConsThe sales focus is constantly changing. Nothing is very constant. Internal politics came into play when it came to sticky situations. Upper management was constantly changing, no outlook on growth unless you knew someone.

Advice to Senior ManagementCompany advancement should be based on performance not internal politics.

You get out what you put in....for the most part.

Lead Staffing Manager (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsIt is a huge corporation where you will have the opportunity to work in many different parts of the business. It is not the type of company where you are forced into a silo unless you choose that for your own career. Very flexible work schedule and opportunity to telecommute. Great salary and benefits.

ConsLots of politics. Limited opportunities for advancement.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork on the consistency of policies across the board. Company seems very fragmented at times.

Vengeful

Network Engineer (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsDecent salary, great people (co workers)

ConsVery unstable working conditions, lots of nepotism, favoritism runs rampant

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to sub ordinates!!

Quitting as soon as I can

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsGood amount of vacation time (10 vaca days, 8 PDOs...increases every 4 years or so). Most office positions are flexible about telecommuting. Good insurance

ConsNO consistency across the organization. Promises made, but not fulfilled by management. Pay is SUPER low, especially for someone with a graduate degree. Job description was misleading. NOTHING is done to increase employee morale. No extra incentives for employees (ex, no coffee machine, no company Christmas party, no filtered water...little thing like this would show that the company cared about it's employees). Everyone you talk to , in different organizations and across the country, always complains about AT&T. Training was awful, not informative, did not prepare me for my job.

Advice to Senior ManagementShow appreciation for your employees.

At&t scare tactics

Sales Consultant (Former Employee) Alpharetta, GA

Prosbenefits are good
    room for growth

ConsScare tactics are used to make employees produce in a retail location

Advice to Senior Managementencourage, motivate, mold your employees and they'll be loyal to you and your endeavors with the store.

retail sales associate

Retail Sales Consultant (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

Proscoworkers were great, coworkers were helpful, benefits were ok

ConsNo work life balance and time off is based on seniority which sucks if your new.

Advice to Senior Managementmanagement stays in the back and doesn't like to handle escalations.

Worked for AT&T? Contribute to the Community!