AT&T

3.1 5,294 reviews

AT&T Chairman and CEO Randall L. Stephenson

Randall L. Stephenson

(2,430 ratings)

Pros
  • The pay and benefits are pretty good for a job you can walk into from high school(in 267 reviews)

• Work life balance is fantastic - they never interfere in my free time(in 139 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance is the biggest struggle because of the long retail hours(in 208 reviews)

• Upper management will throw store management under the bus to look good to RSC's(in 253 reviews)

5,294 Employee Reviews

A rollercoaster of highs and lows

Sales Support Representative (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsIt was a fun environment to work in, I enjoyed the company of my co workers and having the latest technology demoed was a sweet deal. Benefits and 401k was great if your a full time employee. Union reps were accommodating.

ConsThe sales focus is constantly changing. Nothing is very constant. Internal politics came into play when it came to sticky situations. Upper management was constantly changing, no outlook on growth unless you knew someone.

Advice to Senior ManagementCompany advancement should be based on performance not internal politics.

Skype interview Retail Sales Consultant

ProsSalary, benefits, promotion opportunities, career advancement

Consvery competitive, standing in one place for long periods.

Terrible Management

Sales Associate (Former Employee)

ProsGood pay and good benefits

ConsThey squeeze every ounce out of you and give nothing in return

Advice to Senior ManagementManagers are suppose to help employees

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Greedy Corporation - Miserable Employees

Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee)

ProsI get 50% off my cell phone and home service bill, other than that, None anymore. I loved this job when I started almost three years ago, now I rather go work at McDonalds!

ConsPay has went down every month, the goals get higher and higher every month, even when you're not hitting them, and the pay continue to goes down. I've been threatened to be fired by my area manager over something completely out of my control, I get talked down and treated like a child every day, when I'm a manager myself. The company sets unrealistic goals it knows no one can hit, than wants its employees written up and terminated. The turnover rate is getting to be out of control. The company is to big for its own good! The left hand has no clue what the right hand is doing. There is too many different departments, that transfer you from one rep to another rep, than hang up on you. Customer service is a joke anymore, they send customers into the store for issues we have no ability to fix or control, and for the issues we do have control over to fix, we're not allowed to credit this or fix that, because we will show up on a report and then lose our jobs. They have the reps juggling several different areas, and on top of that, forcing them to lie to customers about installing applications and on trade ins and accessories and other areas, yet when management is caught, they play dumb. I'm looking for new jobs as I write this, I can't stand this company anymore. Which really depresses me, because I wanted to make a career with AT&T.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop being so goddamn greedy! You push and push and push so much on the reps and the store managers, and the pay hasn't went up any! Yet all the goals have and continue to do so. The companys vision has changed from cell phones, to Digital Life, UVerse, The Connected Car, and this vision they have for 2020 that is insane. We should be focused on now, and helping our current customers out, yet we leave them out to dry, and lie and rip them and our new customers off. All this company cares about anymore is how to make its already fat wallet, even fatter.

It's good for now

Member of Technical Staff (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsGood discounts and not micromanaged. Lot's of different things to do within the company. Very good job security.

ConsNot very challenging, not much to learn, lots of hours. It's not an engineering company so pigeon holing is a risk if you aren't in a good department.

Decent company

IT Manager (Current Employee)

ProsI work with some great folks. The team has been what has retained me over the years. My salary treatment has always been fair.

ConsUpper level management does not seem to be held accountable for some pretty horrid decisions where software vendors and outsourcing are concerned. The few employees that are left end up working around those decisions but nothing changes and management isn't forced to look at past decisions or outcomes.

Advancement is a crap shoot.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you want your company to be a player in 2020, you need to start taking a hard look at the vendor commitments you are making. Vendor relationships are a part of business, but the current contracts should be more heavily scrutinized before they are renewed.

Poor management decisions

Telecommunications Specialist (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsThe pay and benefits are good. Depending on what you do, the work environment can be stress free. Company discourages any discriminatory behavior.

ConsManagement does not understand the nature of the business. Employees are evaluated on production rather than performance. This is a company that provides service , not one that manufactures equipment.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the people in the field who actually do the work and stop listening to some college kid who has theories of how to effectively manage a work force.

2nd Level Network Support

@nd Level Network Support (Current Employee) Brno (Czech Republic)

Prosprofessional place to work within.

ConsRequire you to be self motivated for growth.

Must be money motivated!

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsGreat pay, great insurance pak, wonderful incentives.

ConsMust meet sales quotes, customer service is actually a sales position.

Very Satisfied

Retail Sales Manager (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsBenefits, Leadership, training, Senior Leadership has great vision.

ConsWork-life balance is the biggest struggle because of the long retail hours.

Worked for AT&T? Contribute to the Community!