AT&T

AT&T Chairman and CEO Randall L. Stephenson

Randall L. Stephenson

(2,368 ratings)

5,193 Employee Reviews

Pros:
  • "The pay and benefits are pretty good for a job you can walk into from high school"
    in 249 reviews
  • "Work life balance is fantastic - they never interfere in my free time"
    in 131 reviews
Cons:
  • "There's no work life balance, which doesn't help the mood at the store in anyway"
    in 185 reviews
  • "Upper management will throw store management under the bus to look good to RSC's"
    in 241 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Getting there!

ProsAT&T is making a huge shift toward being a software based corporation which will require a similar skills shift by its employee base. My work environment is creative, innovative and invigorating. The new workforce tools and environment will create a mobile workplace that is necessary going forward.

ConsIn some ways AT&T is still in the stone age and won't admit that to itself. Loves to be proud of the role of women and minorities in the workplace. It's true that both women and minorities are in leadership but there is still a "good old boy" atmosphere to the company over all. Old school.

Advice to Senior ManagementAT&T will need to move forward faster than ever before toward new technology designs and implementations. It has the ability to be successful. Never forget its the people who create your true success.

Educational, Fun, Busy, Lots of hours and room for growth!

ProsI worked for AT&T through Arise Virtual Solutions and the work was fun but challenging. The calls were non-stop and the opportunities to earn extra money by picking up lots of hours was very high! This is the perfect job for someone who lives in a remote area and is unable to commute or doesn't want to commute!

ConsThis could be lonely work if you aren't used to working from home. Must have quiet place to work, fast fairly new computer and high speed internet to be successful.

Advice to Senior ManagementTrain agents better in system information & navigation.

Best wireless carrier to work for.

Retail Sales Consultant (Current Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsAT&T training is far the best training I've attended. They really invest time and money to make sure they are ready to do their expected job. The training you receive here will be useful even if you were to go ahead and work for another company. Also, customer satisfaction is a huge thing for this company.

ConsConstantly changing commission structure. Once u feel you've gotten that right pitch to maximize the money going in your pocket, they change it.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Account Executive

Account Executive (Former Employee)
    Atlanta, GA

ProsThe benefits are second to none except there healthcare plans could use more work. The base salary is competitive.

ConsYou will never understand your comp plan if you are in B2B, also you are given and paid on metrics out of your control.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork on making Comp Plan understandable and create metrics AE's can affect!

Made a lot of money but sacrificed a lot of my time.

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee)
    New Haven, CT

ProsGreat pay and benefits (union) when i first started.

ConsLittle by little the work becomes more, the hours become longer, the overtime begins to wear you down and the new contracts are always worse than the one it replaced. The benefits get worse, the medical premiums increase and the job you have is not as secure.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees a little better with flexible hours, less discipline, and better opportunities for advancement.

Good company to work for.

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee)
    Jacksonville, FL

ProsYou can earn your way to the top if you work for it.

ConsThe pay could be more in my opinion

Advice to Senior ManagementMore support for the employees.

Great company to work for

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat pay and benefits are good

ConsNot enough workers need to hire more instead of sending the work to other countries.

Great experience with some bumps in the road.

Computer Programmer (Former Employee)
    Saint Louis, MO

ProsVery flexible work environment, and given freedom to do your job without constant supervision.

ConsHad to survive several downsizing, outsourcing, and off-shoring efforts.

Advice to Senior ManagementI thought management was quite good, and would tell them to continue on the same path.

Excellent

Manager (Former Employee)
    Las Vegas, NV

ProsAbility to move to various position
    Ability to learn
    Excellent training
    Benefits

ConsLong extended hours in salaried position

Advice to Senior ManagementNo specific advice this is an excellent company

work hard play hard

Prosgreat pay for customer service related job. If you work hard, and do your job, youre almost guaranteed to do well within the company.

Conscut throat environment with other sales reps in the store. Unfortunately, decreasing commission as time with company goes on.

Advice to Senior Managementallow for more upward movement within the company. many people are stuck in certain positions because of their tenure within the companyu

Worked for AT&T? Contribute to the Community!

AT&T Videos

AT&T – Why Work for Us?

At AT&T, our passion to serve extends beyond our customers to our employees. Our people have helped to make us the No. 1 communications company in the world, and in return, we work hard to maintain our competitive… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at AT&T reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for AT&T CEO Randall L. Stephenson. All 5,193 reviews posted anonymously by AT&T employees.