AT&T

AT&T Reviews in Dallas, TX

Updated Jul 16, 2014

AT&T Chairman and CEO Randall L. Stephenson

Randall L. Stephenson

Pros
  • The pay and benefits are pretty good for a job you can walk into from high school(in 267 reviews)

• Work life balance is fantastic - they never interfere in my free time(in 139 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance is the biggest struggle because of the long retail hours(in 208 reviews)

• Upper management will throw store management under the bus to look good to RSC's(in 253 reviews)

175 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

U-verse Team

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsGreat Technology...market leader. Decent subsidies on U-verse, DSL, Mobile service.

ConsNo growth opportunities. Get a good salary before you start, because there isn't much opportunity for advancement.

I Loved working for at&t!

Senior Analyst (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

Prosat&t is so large that you can do anything that you want to do. This company made me who I am today by paying me back for my hard work. Hard work, dedication, and networking here will allow you to go anywhere and do any career path of your choice.

ConsYou can be a small fish in a big sea, but it's up to you on how your develop your work ethic and career of choice.

Big companies, lots of opportunities

Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsLots of business groups, good industry, structured environment.

ConsLots of layers of management. Big company

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow for a mobile workforce.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

AT&T as of late

Systems Technician (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsAs of recent, pros are slim.

ConsCEO Not in touch with ground level.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees.

PREMISE TECH

Premese Technician (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

Prossteady work lots of hours. average 10-12 hours a day

ConsMicro management too may rules not enough time to do it. if anything goes wrong is always the tech fault.

Advice to Senior ManagementU-verse tech support group SUCKS. they are not made accountable for not fixing order issues and always passing the buck to another dept and closing chat without fixing issues. Lack of available jobs to tranfer from U-verse besides 1st line supervisor.

It's a large business and every business unit has its own culture and pressures.

Senior Public Relations Manager (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsThe company genuinely wants people to enjoy working for AT&T. The leaders are smart and innovation is encouraged. There are lots of different jobs available within the company.

ConsEverything is about making investors happy first and foremost. Life and work balance doesn't play a role in the people who advance in the company. Training is available through AT&T University.

customer servic

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsThe pay is worth the job

Consnothing bad to say about the company

Advice to Senior Managementmore meeting

Good Internship Experience

Financial Services Student Intern (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsThe company cares strongly for its employees. A lot of training and work-life balance initiatives.

Consthe job was just not really for me

Sexed up atmosphere & Sexual Harassment at EBM Division

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsThe benefits are good, and there are many job opportunities within AT&T.

ConsDon't join the EBM division. EBM is a new division within AT&T, and they try hard to be innovative and create a Google like atmosphere. Now that is a great idea.
    Unfortunately the execution is all wrong. Hiring is done on the basis of looks. There are a number of young woman in their 20s who all happen to look very attractive, who all dress very sexed up which is strongly encouraged, and who for the most part are not that competent. The middle management, Directors & above, treat that pool of young woman as their own private supply line of amusement. Affairs are common place. You would think that places likes this only exist only on TV shows like Mad Man. Disgusting.

Advice to Senior ManagementBring some adult supervision to the EBM division, and hire on the basis of competence and NOT looks, and end the sexed up atmosphere and sexual harassment. It is disgusting.

Great company to work for

AT&T Retail Sales Consultant (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

Prosgreat pay, great benefits free phone

Conschance for growth is very slim if your not buddy buddy with upper management

Worked for AT&T? Contribute to the Community!