AT&T

5,652 Reviews

AT&T Chairman and CEO Randall L. Stephenson
Randall L. Stephenson
2,624 Ratings

Pros
  • The pay and benefits are pretty good for a job you can walk into from high school (in 268 reviews)

• Work life balance is fantastic - they never interfere in my free time (in 140 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance is the biggest struggle because of the long retail hours (in 212 reviews)

• Upper management will throw store management under the bus to look good to RSC's (in 254 reviews)

More Highlights

1 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Think twice before applying!

Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant  in  Farmington, NM
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Farmington, NM

I have been working at AT&T

Pros

Compensation is very competitive compared to other jobs around the area that do not require any education beyond high school

Paid bi weekly when we finally went union instead of the 6th and 15th when we were not union

Union benefits have a lower deductible than directly through AT&T

Cons

Meetings scheduled last minute

Early morning weekend meetings which is hard for parents

You start each month in the negative numbers. Some months you are up to -15

We can not activate service for a large number of potential customers who live outside of our service area on the nearby reservation. If we do accidentally activate service, they get shut off for roaming which results in another chargeback.

There are too many metrics that you are accountable for. At last count there were at least 12.

There is always a new initiative coming out that you will soon be accountable for.

Keep employees in the loop! I can find information on upcoming AT&T phones and plans online way before I can using our own internal portal! Relax on the metrics. Employees can only do so much with each customer. Regional management needs retraining. When confonted about our concerns employees were told to suck it up or quit because we weren't going to find anything better paying in the area.

Worked for AT&T? Contribute to the Community!